Look forward to reading it Steve.

Hope you haven't used any long words though

Regards

Herlock
    No long words but lots of data. Probably next Thursday fist post

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Elamarna View Post
      Hi All, after months of promising an in depth investigation into Bucks Row, I am almost ready to start posting.

I have had a few problems with tables and charts but have worked out how to convert them into images and post those, not what i intended but it works.

I shall be posting the original as a blog not far down the road and will give links when this is ready.

The Project grew out of a number of comments by various posters and it has GROWN much more than I ever expected.

The recent book by Tom Wescott obviously had to be taken into account, as did recent threads on the forum. this has resulted in some rewriting and some additional research.

The project comprises 3 distinct parts:

Firstly an in depth study of the timings involved in the Bucks Row murder, this will in itself be made up of a number of posts and I hope to have this 1st part online by the end of Friday this week (Good Friday).

The second part is a look at the reports given by the residents (witnesses) in Bucks Row, as well as the Police and others who gave evidence or were reported by the papers.
      This is still under development, although all of the data as been collected and viewed. What remains is how best to present this and I am looking at several possibilities at present.

The 3rd part will be a summing up based on the first two parts, with conclusions drawn and suggestions made, some perhaps pointing at more research.

At no point will there be an attempt to look for a killer.
      However there will be in depth discussions about the discovery of the body and Lechmere's role in this.
      The aim is not to name him or not as the killer, but to look at some of the statements which have been made suggesting he was the killer and to compare these statements against the facts as we can see them at this time.

The first 2 parts should be viewed as the results of the research Project, the third as the conclusion.

Steve
      Thanks Steve. Look forward to reading the next part of your project.

Comment

Originally posted by Elamarna View Post
        No long words but lots of data. Probably next Thursday fist post

Steve
        Enjoy the conference Steve. I wish that I was going. 30 years and I've never been to a Ripper conference or convention. Hopefully next year.

Regards

Herlock
        Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Wasn't Buck's Row further out from the other murder sites? Can anyone read anything into this?

Comment

Originally posted by Harry D View Post
            Wasn't Buck's Row further out from the other murder sites? Can anyone read anything into this?
            Hi Harry.

I guess that depends on perspective. If you were a Lechmere supporter , which I of course know you are not, you would argue it was the closest to home.
            From a factual point of view it is easily the furthest East of the accepted attacks.
            If one includes Tabram, Smith and Mackenzie it is an outer so to speak, if one includes Coles it not so much of an odd one out.

Steve

Comment

Wasn't the Stride murder site the odd one out, particularly as it's the only murder site south of Whitechapel Road?
              Last edited by John G; 09-01-2017, 12:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by John G View Post
                Wasn't the Stride murder site the odd one out, particularly as it's the only murder site south of Whitechapel Road?
                Again it's about perspective John.
                If you include Coles it not. (I don't). However yes it is the only one South of the Whitechapel road
                And Mitre square is the outer on the West.
                Not sure one can read much into it given none of the sites are really that far apart.

Steve

Comment

It was.

Comment

Although it was south of Whitechapel Road, it was actually no further south than Mitre Square. And definitely not south of the river!

Comment

• Originally posted by Joshua Rogan View Post
                      Although it was south of Whitechapel Road, it was actually no further south than Mitre Square. And definitely not south of the river!
                      Good point Joshua, people forget the angle of the Whitechapel Road.
                      All the sites are within a very small area.

Steve

Comment

• Originally posted by Elamarna View Post
                        Good point Joshua, people forget the angle of the Whitechapel Road.
                        It's purely a technical point, I doubt Jack whipped out his sextant to check the latitude before making a kill.

Comment

• Originally posted by Elamarna View Post
                          Again it's about perspective John.
                          If you include Coles it not. (I don't). However yes it is the only one South of the Whitechapel road
                          And Mitre square is the outer on the West.
                          Not sure one can read much into it given none of the sites are really that far apart.

Steve
                          Hi Steve,

Yes, I'm not sure what relevancy, if any, this fact has, although I do find it interesting that all of the other murder sites, including Smith and Tabram, are north of the Whitechapel Road.

In any event, there are certainly more compelling reasons for excluding Stride, who I'm about 50-50 on.

Comment

• Steve, are you including the fact that England were playing a test match against the Aussies at the time in your Buck's Row analysis?

Comment

• Originally posted by Joshua Rogan View Post
                              It's purely a technical point, I doubt Jack whipped out his sextant to check the latitude before making a kill.
                              No, you are absolutely wrong on this point. It may have no relevance in this case, but you have to understand geographical profiling. The fact is that it's common for serial offenders to have "mental barriers", where they will not operate beyond. It might not make sense to us, but it certainly does to them.

Here is a link where the renowned geographical profiler, David Canter, explains the issue: https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=...arrier&f=false

Comment

• Originally posted by John G View Post
                                No, you are absolutely wrong on this point. It may have no relevance in this case, but you have to understand geographical profiling. The fact is that it's common for serial offenders to have "mental barriers", where they will not operate beyond. It might not make sense to us, but it certainly does to them.

Here is a link where the renowned geographical profiler, David Canter, explains the issue: https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=...arrier&f=false
                                Thanks John, I agree. I meant that mine was the point of purely technical interest, not your one. Sorry for not being clearer.

Comment

Working...
                                X