If the 'Dear Boss' letter is a hoax...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Geddy2112 View Post
    So where these detectives the Jewes who will be blamed for nothing, they were in the wrong place at the wrong time even though they had been warned?
    Perhaps the detectives had just been down the Minories when they were told about the murder, forcing Jack and Eddowes to try Mitre Square instead.

Comment

[QUOTE=Elamarna;393888]
      Originally posted by Jon Guy View Post

Point accepted Jon, and it is a nice coincidence, however Ludwig is not, I feel safe to say, Pierre's man.

In addition, Pierre posted that if the police had extra police surveillance in the Miniories on the night of the double event they may have caught their killer, which is unlikely as no killings happened there that night.

Steve
      Hi Steve,

what do you mean by "no killings happened there"?

Pierre

Comment

Originally posted by Pierre View Post
        Hi Steve,

what do you mean by "no killings happened there"?
        Which of those four words don't you understand Pierre?

Comment

Originally posted by David Orsam View Post
          Which of those four words don't you understand Pierre?
          Which of those twelve words don't you understand David?

Comment

Which of those twelve words don't you understand David?
            To which twelve words do you refer Pierre?

As for Steve's comment, do you think he might be saying that there were no Ripper murders in the Minories?

And if you have difficulty understanding what is meant by "there were no Ripper murders in the Minories", another way of putting it is that no killings happened there.

Comment

To which twelve words do you refer Pierre?

As for Steve's comment, do you think he might be saying that there were no Ripper murders in the Minories?

And if you have difficulty understanding what is meant by "there were no Ripper murders in the Minories", another way of putting it is that no killings happened there.
              They did.

Comment

They did.
                I look forward to reading your hilarious justification of this statement.

But for now I only wanted you to understand what Steve was saying.

Comment

They did.
                  What killings?

Comment

[QUOTE=David Orsam;393922]

I look forward to reading your hilarious justification of this statement.

But for now I only wanted you to understand what Steve was saying.
                    The hilarious thing is that you and Steve do not understand what the killer meant.

So it is time that you understand what he was saying.

The Minories was not just a street. It was an ancient parish.

The killer knew this

What fools the ripperologists are.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Pierre;393924]

The hilarious thing is that you and Steve do not understand what the killer meant.

The killer knew this

You've already mentioned this on the forum Pierre. I was well aware of what you were going to say and hilarious it indeed is.

Comment

• Here it is. 2 January 2016, in 'An important discovery' thread:

"The Ripper Letter is using a metaphorical language. It gives the information that the killer will strike on September 30th in "the Minories" were he will kill two women. The Minories was an old parish covering both the murder sites."

There's that "metaphorical language" again. You translated it so well in the Gogmagog letter didn't you Pierre? Definitely worth another attempt at seeing things that aren't there.

Comment

• [QUOTE=David Orsam;393925]

You've already mentioned this on the forum Pierre. I was well aware of what you were going to say and hilarious it indeed is.
                          And it is even more hilarious that you can never admit that you have failed. In this case you try to defend your poor knowledge with "I was well aware". It is embarrassing for you, David.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Pierre;393826]
                            Originally posted by John G View Post

J Hall Richardson. From the City to Fleet Street, 1929.

The source is late but has high explanatory value:

"The Police and Press received many letters from the " Ripper," mostly written in red ink, and I give one:

" Liverpool,
                            " 29th inst.
                            " BEWARE I shall be at work on the 1st and 2nd inst. in `Minories' at 12 midnight and I give the authorities a good chance but there is never a Policeman near when I am at work.
                            Yours,
                            " JACK THE RIPPER."
                            " Prince William St., L'pool.
                            " What fools the police are I even give them the name of the street where I am living.
                            " Yours,
                            " JACK THE RIPPER.""

You find it here:
                            http://www.casebook.org/ripper_media...l?printer=true

Regards, Pierre
                            This is an obvious hoax, disclosed decades after the murders. In fact, it doesn't even have the status of a hoax, because no letter was produced by the author. He simply refers to a mythical letter.

And what on earth do you mean by "high explanatory value."?

I'm sorry, but you really need to be far more discerning when analysing sources. And, frankly, this total lack of discernment is why I say: You haven't found him.
                            Last edited by John G; 09-29-2016, 11:48 AM.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Pierre;393924]

The killer knew this

The concerning thing here is that I'm sure you don't even appreciate the irony of your last sentence.

Comment

• [QUOTE=John G;393930]

The concerning thing here is that I'm sure you don't even appreciate the irony of your last sentence.
                                I donīt care if you call me a "ripperologist". The only thing that matters to me is history.

Comment

Working...
                                X