Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [QUOTE=Fisherman;391048]
    Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post

So Dew memoirs are a primary source? Would that be correct?
    There are a few definitions of historical primary sources but the salient point seems to be that the source is created at the time of the event.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
      Elamarna: Please, just what are you saying i am trying to pass off as "accepted fact"?

I am not saying that you are passing anything off as "accepted fact" - I am warning against such a thing. It was a tongue-in-cheek remark, led on by how you first said that I am passing things off as accepted fact (which I am not) and then went on to try and convince the boards that I am so infatuated with Lechmere that I cannot think straight. I would have preferred a fairer discussion; starting out by claiming your opponent is not fully reliable is not a nice thing to do.
      You see, I CAN think VERY straight and I dislike hints in any other direction. You disagree with what I think, and that is fine, but you need to realize that this may well owe to a disability on YOUR behalf to think straight.

I see no facts suggested, just an opinion on what happens when one becomes one eyed on a subject.

So it is not a fact that women in both series had their abdominal walls removed in large panes?
      It is not a fact that women from both series had parts of their colons removed?
      It is not a fact that both killers cut victims open from sternum to pelvis?
      It is not a fact that medicos judged both killers to be so skilled with the knife as to compete with a surgeons ability?
      It is not a fact that both killers took away both exually and non-sexually related body parts from their victims?

Is that what you are claiming, Steve? Or are you saying that you did not claim as a fact that I am too infatuated with Lechmere to be a useful discussion partner? if so, good on you.

The attempt at a smart crack reply actually achieves nothing, and just demonstrates the point i raised..

There really is no need for it is there?

You have so far managed to claim that the geographical correlation and the time correlation are of no consequence and you have seemingly denied the existence of numerous very clear facts. I find it a bit hard to discuss with somebody with that kind of an agenda. But weīll get it straightened out, no doubt.

PS. Where are the examples of people who removed the abdominal walls in large panes from their victims...?
      Great and well thought out responses, fish.
      Also indicated by the fact that el can onlyrespond with a couple of peripheral come backs and he doesn't even address the majority of your main points.

I'm amazed by the knee jerk reaction against the torso man and ripper possibly being the same man. Or against lech being the killer. I don't get it. It's like people get hysterical about it. Like its the end of the ******* world or something. Neither idea is any where near the crackpot theories of posters like Pierre and Trevor, or theories like the diary or royal conspiracy which obviously do need to be ridiculed.

Fish
      You brought up one great and significant point. The rarity of serial killers who mutilate a body after the victim has died. There is a study out there done which shows the percentage of killers who engage in post mortem mutilation, and even remove internal organs, and the percentage is so low, that based on that alone, one could reasonably conclude that the torso man and ripper were the same man. You don't even need to bring up all the other uncanny similarities such as the flaps of skin.

Keep it up fish. I have to warn you though if you keep debating so well, you will soon to be attacked By your detractors about your grammatical errors. Lol!
      Last edited by Abby Normal; 08-26-2016, 04:34 AM.

Comment

• Actually what you're saying Abby adds to Bury's candidacy for being the Ripper. Not that he isn't the leading suspect anyway.

Cheers John

Comment

• Originally posted by John Wheat View Post
          Actually what you're saying Abby adds to Bury's candidacy for being the Ripper. Not that he isn't the leading suspect anyway.

Cheers John
          hi John
          no worries. as you already know Bury has a special place in my heart. : )

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post

Also indicated by the fact that el can onlyrespond with a couple of peripheral come backs and he doesn't even address the majority of your main points.

Abby,
            The "comebacks" were what I considered to be points not previously discussed between Fish and myself.

The majority of points were discussed some time ago, Fisherman and I did not agree then, nothing has changed, I see little point in repeating stuff when neither side appears able to budge, and notice I do so neither.

we all have our own views, which can, and I only say can, lead to a high level of intransigence on all sides.

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post

I'm amazed by the knee jerk reaction against the torso man and ripper possibly being the same man. Or against lech being the killer. I don't get it. It's like people get hysterical about it. Like its the end of the ******* world or something. Neither idea is any where near the crackpot theories of posters like Pierre and Trevor, or theories like the diary or royal conspiracy which obviously do need to be ridiculed.
            I fully agree with you about some of the ideas proposed on here, and while I do not agree with Fish, I do admire his work, and the time he has committed to the case. I have said so more than once.

There is no knee jerk reaction, I just do not see a demonstrable link between the two sets of murders, again discussed with Fisherman a few months back.

Yes there are some similarities, but they are not precise and are in my opinion little more than coincidence, I just do not see that two sets of murders committed in the same city are necessarily linked because of that fact that is all.

The same applies to the time frame question.

It is certainly not a crackpot idea, and obviously deserves attention and analysis, however having done that I see no probably link at present, perhaps time and more research will alter that.

With regards to Lech being the killer, much the same applies, he is certainly worth looking at, far more so than many ideas put forward. again I do not see any hard evidence and we may disagree on that, so be it.

Regards

steve

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post

Fish
              You brought up one great and significant point. The rarity of serial killers who mutilate a body after the victim has died. There is a study out there done which shows the percentage of killers who engage in post mortem mutilation, and even remove internal organs, and the percentage is so low, that based on that alone, one could reasonably conclude that the torso man and ripper were the same man. You don't even need to bring up all the other uncanny similarities such as the flaps of skin.

Keep it up fish. I have to warn you though if you keep debating so well, you will soon to be attacked By your detractors about your grammatical errors. Lol!
              I totally agree, Abby - a search for eviscerating killers in the London area will turn up extremely few such men over the years. They are - thank God! - quite rare creatures, and so when two such men go to work in the same town, at the same time, there is every reason to accept that they may be one and the same.

When we look at what makes the police accept the idea that a serial killer is at large, we can see that a matter of cutting from sternum to pelvis would suffice by a long way. Add all the rest of the ingredients, and we get two things:
              A near certainty that we are dealing with just the one killer.
              A hoard of pissed of posters who seem personally offended by the suggestion.

My grammatical errors are for free, by the way.

Comment

• Originally posted by Elamarna View Post
                Abby,
                The "comebacks" were what I considered to be points not previously discussed between Fish and myself.

The majority of points were discussed some time ago, Fisherman and I did not agree then, nothing has changed, I see little point in repeating stuff when neither side appears able to budge, and notice I do so neither.

we all have our own views, which can, and I only say can, lead to a high level of intransigence on all sides.

I fully agree with you about some of the ideas proposed on here, and while I do not agree with Fish, I do admire his work, and the time he has committed to the case. I have said so more than once.

There is no knee jerk reaction, I just do not see a demonstrable link between the two sets of murders, again discussed with Fisherman a few months back.

Yes there are some similarities, but they are not precise and are in my opinion little more than coincidence, I just do not see that two sets of murders committed in the same city are necessarily linked because of that fact that is all.

The same applies to the time frame question.

It is certainly not a crackpot idea, and obviously deserves attention and analysis, however having done that I see no probably link at present, perhaps time and more research will alter that.

With regards to Lech being the killer, much the same applies, he is certainly worth looking at, far more so than many ideas put forward. again I do not see any hard evidence and we may disagree on that, so be it.

Regards

steve

Thanks el
                a well said and level headed post and I appreciate it.
                I also apologize for my previous remarks.

Comment

• -

Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
                  Elamarna: Please, just what are you saying i am trying to pass off as "accepted fact"?

[B]I am not saying that you are passing anything off as "accepted fact" - I am warning against such a thing. It was a tongue-in-cheek remark, led on by how you first said that I am passing things off as accepted fact (which I am not) and then went on to try and convince the boards that I am so infatuated with Lechmere that I cannot think straight.
                  To be fair to you I did not see the comment as "tongue-in- check", but am happy to accept it as such.

Maybe in a similar vein, you did not fully understand what I was alluding to, it was the comment :

"They are a guarantee for a shared ID, more or less."

I was referring to, that did not come across to me as an opinion, if that is how you meant it, then I misinterpreted it, if so I am sorry.

[B]So it is not a fact that women in both series had their abdominal walls removed in large panes?
                  It is not a fact that women from both series had parts of their colons removed?
                  It is not a fact that both killers cut victims open from sternum to pelvis?
                  It is not a fact that medicos judged both killers to be so skilled with the knife as to compete with a surgeons ability?
                  It is not a fact that both killers took away both exually and non-sexually related body parts from their victims?

Is that what you are claiming, Steve? Or are you saying that you did not claim as a fact that I am too infatuated with Lechmere to be a useful discussion partner? if so, good on you.
                  Firstly the the similarities are in my view superficial and on that we obviously do not agree.

Secondly, no you are certainly a good person to discuss things with, far better than many on here.
                  I have commented on this before and recently defended the docu, as you know.
                  However my view is that you are infatuated with Lechmere; and have not in my opinion proved your case at present with regards to either him being the Whitechapel killer or the torso killer.

You have so far managed to claim that the geographical correlation and the time correlation are of no consequence and you have seemingly denied the existence of numerous very clear facts. I find it a bit hard to discuss with somebody with that kind of an agenda. But weīll get it straightened out, no doubt.

PS. Where are the examples of people who removed the abdominal walls in large panes from their victims...?

No I have not denied the existence of very clear facts, I have disagreed with the interpretation of them, that is very different.

The Flaps, the Flaps, we discussed this some months back, we did not agree then, and nothing has changed.

We have only superficial reports of the flaps, we have no evidence that the cuts are similar in execution, nor to how the flaps looked.

I see little point in restarting that debate given that neither or us appears to have changed our view, it would be a waste of time would it not?

regards

steve

Comment

• Originally posted by Elamarna View Post

steve
                    I realize that your post was aimed for Abby, but I would like to ask you neverhteless:

Annie Chapmans abdominal wall was cut away in four panes, three of them being found at the murder scene, flung over the victim.

They could not possibly have been collateral damage. They must have been intentionally cut away from the corpse. Can we agree on that?

If so, the killer did something that is extremely unusual. I have asked you to provide evidence to the contrary if you disagree, and so far, I have seen no such evidence.

Mary Kellys abdominal wall was removed in three large panes, and left at the table beside the bed on which she lay. Once again, it must have been consciously done by the killer. One can imagine how he cuts the panes away, and places them on the table as he works, to get them out of the way.

Once again, this extremely unusual trait surfaces with a Ripper victim. It deserves mentioning that the two victims who suffered this fate were arguably the ones who the killer had at his hands for the longest period of time, allowing him to indulge in his wishes more than in, say, Bucks Row.

Finally, when Liz Jacksons cut out uterus was found, it had been floated down the Thames in a package. That package contained two long irregular flaps taken from the abdominal wall of Jackson, plus the uterus, with placenta and cord. Once again, we may see that the killer had intentionally cut away the abdominal wall in panes.

How on earth would this be coincidental, Steve? Are you saying that the Ripper intentionally cut away the abdominal walls of Chapman and Kelly, and lo and behold, by sheer coincidence, the torso killer ALSO cut away the abdominal wall from one of his victims? Is that what you mean by coincidence?
                    A simple "yes" or "no" would be greatly appreciated here if you donīt wish to elaborate further on the issue.

PS. I just noted your last post, but I think the issue would be useful to discuss nevertheless. I also noted that you say that we do not know whether the cuts to the abdominal walls were similar in execution (!), but my stance is that such a thing is totally secondary to the primary fact that BOTH killers seemingly had a taste for removing abdominal walls in large flaps. Once more, if this was a usual thing, I would be more inclined to regard the cutting technique imortant, but it is by no stretch of the imagination any usual thing at all. It is rarer than henīs teeth, and therefore the significance of it is monumental. A comparison would be if two killers removed wisdom teeth from their victims. Would we need to have the exact same kind of pliers confirmed before we realized that we were almost certainly dealing with the same killer in such a case?

I would propose that removing teeth is far more common than removing the abdominal wall in flaps, by the way - but it would nevertheless be a clincher. Or do you disagree?
                    Last edited by Fisherman; 08-26-2016, 07:33 AM.

Comment

Once again, this extremely unusual trait surfaces with a Ripper victim. It deserves mentioning that the two victims who suffered this fate were arguably the ones who the killer had at his hands for the longest period of time, allowing him to induge in his wishes more than in, say, Bucks Row.
                      Also, and probably more importantly, there was more ambient light available when Kelly and Chapman were murdered.

Comment

I realize that your post was aimed for Abby, but I would like to ask you neverhteless:

Annie Chapmans abdominal wall was cut away in four panes, three of them being found at the murder scene, flung over the victim.

They could not possibly have been collateral damage. They must have been intentionally cut away from the corpse. Can we agree on that?
                        Yes, that would seem clear

If so, the killer did something that is extremely unusual. I have asked you to provide evidence to the contrary if you disagree, and so far, I have seen no such evidence.

Mary Kellys abdominal wall was removed in three large panes, and left at the table beside the bed on which she lay. Once again, it must have been consciously done by the killer. One can imagine how he cuts the panes away, and places them on the table as he works, to get them out of the way.

Once again, this extremely unusual trait surfaces with a Ripper victim. It deserves mentioning that the two victims who suffered this fate were arguably the ones who the killer had at his hands for the longest period of time, allowing him to indulge in his wishes more than in, say, Bucks Row.

Finally, when Liz Jacksons cut out uterus was found, it had been floated down the Thames in a package. That package contained two long irregular flaps taken from the abdominal wall of Jackson, plus the uterus, with placenta and cord. Once again, we may see that the killer had intentionally cut away the abdominal wall in panes.

How on earth would this be coincidental, Steve? Are you saying that the Ripper intentionally cut away the abdominal walls of Chapman and Kelly, and lo and behold, by sheer coincidence, the torso killer ALSO cut away the abdominal wall from one of his victims? Is that what you mean by coincidence?
                        A simple "yes" or "no" would be greatly appreciated here if you donīt wish to elaborate further on the issue.

Hi Fisherman
                        yes, both intentional cuts, but not by same hand.

Just to go back over the issue, cutting flaps is the common practice when wishing to gain entry to the body's internal organs, there was no keyhole Surgery.

And this may suggest, I say may, that the killer/killers had some knowledge of what they were doing.
                        If those flaps had been cut in an identical or near identical fashion, then you would certainly have a very strong case.

However, and I hope we can agree on this, the information which would either support or not the same hand is not as far as I am aware available.

PS. I just noted your last post, but I think the issue would be useful to discuss nevertheless. I also noted that you say that we do not know whether the cuts to the abdominal walls were similar in execution (!), but my stance is that such a thing is totally secondary to the primary fact that BOTH killers seemingly had a taste for removing abdominal walls in large flaps. Once more, if this was a usual thing, I would be more inclined to regard the cutting technique imortant, but it is by no stretch of the imagination any usual thing at all. It is rarer than henīs teeth, and therefore the significance of it is monumental. A comparison would be if two killers removed wisdom teeth from their victims. Would we need to have the exact same kind of pliers confirmed before we realized that we were almost certainly dealing with the same killer in such a case?

I would propose that removing teeth is far more common than removing the abdominal wall in flaps, by the way - but it would nevertheless be a clincher. Or do you disagree?

Taking the teeth comparison, and a very good choice by the way.
                        I would suggest that it would depend on how the teeth had been removed:

Had they been pulled, had they been hacked out, has they could be, did both victims show the same degree of damage to the mouth area/ possible skill employed.

If the method was similar then it is probably the same hand.

The same applies to the Torso/C5 cases, if the cutting was similar, showed the same degree of skill then probably by the same hand.
                        To me it is not how rare or not the end results are, be that cutting flaps of skin or removing teeth that is important, but the methods used to achive those ends that are.
                        However, and it is a big however, we do not know those details.

It seems we see this from a different perspective with regards to what is the primary area of importance, I have no problem with that.

And while it remains an interesting theory, it is not possible to confirm or deny it.

It could be the cuts and skill were identical, if so case closed I agree; but they may be so dissimilar that it would be obvious to anyone.
                        Sadly we do not know, I hope you agree with that?

You see I do not dismiss the possibility they were by the same hand, but it is just that a possibility, you seem to see it as a probability, a near certainty, that is where we differ.

hope that is now clearer.

Steve

Comment

• Before we proceed to teethkicking, let me just say thanks for your replying!

Elamarna: Yes, that would seem clear

Great. There are those who claim it could have been collateral damage, but I am very opposed to that.

I take it you mean "not necessarily by the same hand". Or do yu have evidence that it was different hands?

Just to go back over the issue, cutting flaps is the common practice when wishing to gain entry to the body's internal organs, there was no keyhole Surgery.

I would disagree. A cut to the abdomen is what people who wish to extract organs normally produce. Otherwise, we would know of examples where killers have cut away flaps of the abdominal wall - and we donīt. I have seen one other example only, a deranged killer who cut up a body and dried it, if I remeber correctly. He cut away the abomen in flaps. But it is extremely unusual! In fact, even if half of the evisceration killers did it, we would still only have a handful of such men in the period 1880-1900 in London. If even that!
                          I urge you to produce any examples at all where the abdominal wall was cut away in panes from murder victims. It is important that you substantiate your ideas here!

And this may suggest, I say may, that the killer/killers had some knowledge of what they were doing.
                          If those flaps had been cut in an identical or near identical fashion, then you would certainly have a very strong case.

I have a very strong case just the same, Steve. Think, if you will, about the Texas eyeball killer, who gouged out the eyes from his victims. If it had been done more crudely in one instance or with anither inplement in another, the significance would still lie in the wish to gouge out the eyes.
                          We also know that the same killer who cut away four flaps from Chapman cut away three from Kelly - does that mean two killers to you?
                          This is where you miss out on the practical implications. They are clear and unambiguous, not because we know that the abdomens were removed in a certain cutting fashion in all three cases, but because we know that they were removed at all.

Plus, of course, we need to add the other similarities too: colon segments cut away, the knife skill, the victimology, the geography, the timing.

Added together, I would say that onehundred out of a hundred police investigators would work from the assumption that they were dealing with just the one killer. If one policeman deviated, he COULD be correct - but ought to get fired.

However, and I hope we can agree on this, the information which would either support or not the same hand is not as far as I am aware available.

I think it is. There is no detailed information about how the flaps were cut away, but there IS information that they were. And to speculate that two killers in the same town, at the same time, would engage in abdominal flap cutting just by coincidence is sheer folly, as far as Iīm concerned. I would bet all I have that there is no parallel case, where this happened. Would you bet against it?

Had they been pulled, had they been hacked out, has they could be, did both victims show the same degree of damage to the mouth area/ possible skill employed.

It would play a role and raise questions - but the overriding matter would be that the killer removed teeth at all. We should NOT expect two such killers in the same area and time. There would be no historic precedence - and for a reason.

If the methods vary, that will probably be due to different implements, not different killers.

The same applies to the Torso/C5 cases, if the cutting was similar, showed the same degree of skill then probably by the same hand.
                          To me it is not how rare or not the end results are, be that cutting flaps of skin or removing teeth that is important, but the methods used to achive those ends that are.

You are - with respect - sticking your head in the sand. And deep too. If two murder victims are found with missing pinkies, one taken away with pliers and one cut off with a knife, the reasonable deduction is that it is the same killer. It would be a very odd thing to do, and THAT is what rules the decision. Do you realistically think that any police force would move with the idea that the difference in method would point to different killers?

It seems we see this from a different perspective with regards to what is the primary area of importance, I have no problem with that.

Nor do I - as long as I am correct.

And while it remains an interesting theory, it is not possible to confirm or deny it.

So letīs just settle for accepting it as the only truly reasonable suggestion.

It could be the cuts and skill were identical, if so case closed I agree; but they may be so dissimilar that it would be obvious to anyone.

Itīs sad we donīt know, yes. But as I keep saying, we know quite enough. Iīm glad to hear you think it is case closed if the cutting was similar - it tells me you know we are close.

You see I do not dismiss the possibility they were by the same hand, but it is just that a possibility, you seem to see it as a probability, a near certainty, that is where we differ.

To be fair, you cannot dismiss the possibility on any reasonable grounds. De facto, I donīt think it can be argued that it is some sort of fifty/fifty case. It is in the region of 99,9/0,01. Coincidences are fine, but a line must be drawn here.

hope that is now clearer.

It was never anything but crystal clear...
                          Last edited by Fisherman; 08-26-2016, 09:43 AM.

Comment

Before we proceed to teethkicking, let me just say thanks for your replying!
                            No teeth kicking needed at all

Great. There are those who claim it could have been collateral damage, but I am very opposed to that.
                            Me too

I take it you mean "not necessarily by the same hand". Or do yu have evidence that it was different hands?
                            Yes, my mistake, not necessarily.

I would disagree. A cut to the abdomen is what people who wish to extract organs normally produce. Otherwise, we would know of examples where killers have cut away flaps of the abdominal wall - and we donīt. I have seen one other example only, a deranged killer who cut up a body and dried it, if I remeber correctly. He cut away the abomen in flaps. But it is extremely unusual! In fact, even if half of the evisceration killers did it, we would still only have a handful of such men in the period 1880-1900 in London. If even that!
                            Here I disagree completely,
                            The method commonly used to open up the body is to cut flaps, which are retracted, they may be completely removed, they may not be.

I am not talking about just the methods which may be used by killers, but anyone removing organs, be that from people or animals.

We did go over this some time ago and nothing has changed you have one view I another, that is as far as we can go on that I think.

I urge you to produce any examples at all where the abdominal wall was cut away in panes from murder victims. It is important that you substantiate your ideas here!
                            Please see my above statement, I am talking about the removal of organs in general, not murders.

I have a very strong case just the same, Steve. Think, if you will, about the Texas eyeball killer, who gouged out the eyes from his victims. If it had been done more crudely in one instance or with anither inplement in another, the significance would still lie in the wish to gouge out the eyes.
                            We also know that the same killer who cut away four flaps from Chapman cut away three from Kelly - does that mean two killers to you?

No I believe same killer, however there are plenty who do not.

This is where you miss out on the practical implications. They are clear and unambiguous, not because we know that the abdomens were removed in a certain cutting fashion in all three cases, but because we know that they were removed at all.

Plus, of course, we need to add the other similarities too: colon segments cut away, the knife skill, the victimology, the geography, the timing.
                            The knife skill appears to be at least partially valid, in that both series were conducted by someone who knew how to use a knife, but it is no more specific than that.

I have already said that I do not consider the geography or time frame to be significantly similar. You disagree fair enough.

With regards to victimology, given that all but one is it of the torso victims is unknown, how can any comparison be made?

When dismembering, of course organs, including the colon will be cut and maybe severed, therefore I do not see that it can be positively said this is a deliberate act in the Torso case (It could be, however I do not feel there is enough information to draw a conclusion on this); it obviously is in the C5 cases..

Added together, I would say that onehundred out of a hundred police investigators would work from the assumption that they were dealing with just the one killer. If one policeman deviated, he COULD be correct - but ought to get fired.
                            [/B]

That is your opinion, mine is different, but such is life.

[B]I think it is. There is no detailed information about how the flaps were cut away, but there IS information that they were.

Ah, this is where we really disagree, I made my points in the last post, obviously you see it differently from me, we will have to agree to disagree I think.

And to speculate that two killers in the same town, at the same time, would engage in abdominal flap cutting just by coincidence is sheer folly, as far as Iīm concerned. I would bet all I have that there is no parallel case, where this happened. WOuld you bet against it?
                            Would I bet there was no parallel case reported - probably not
                            would I bet there were two killers- at present on the balance of probability - yes.

However I am always open to persuasion, with enough evidence that is.
                            At present I just don't see such to convince me.

Regards

Steve

Comment

• Fisherman,

when I replied it seemed you had not commented on the second part of my post, however you obviously did.

It would play a role and raise questions - but the overriding matter would be that the killer removed teeth at all. We should NOT expect two such killers in the same area and time. There would be no historic precedence - and for a reason.

It would be an important factor yes, but not the overriding one to me.
                              Just because there has not been one, does not preclude one occurring

If the methods vary, that will probably be due to different implements, not different killers.
                              That is a possibility but one needs to see how the killer goes about his work, even with different tools, the basic approach should remain fairly constant.

You are - with respect - sticking your head in the sand. And deep too. If two murder victims are found with missing pinkies, one taken away with pliers and one cut off with a knife, the reasonable deduction is that it is the same killer. It would be a very odd thing to do, and THAT is what rules the decision. Do you realistically think that any police force would move with the idea that the difference in method would point to different killers?

The tool used would not matter, would would be of interest would be where the pinky was cut, which joint.

I do not believe I am sticking my head in the sand, time will out

Nor do I - as long as I am correct.

ah but what if you are not?

So letīs just settle for accepting it as the only truly reasonable suggestion.

No, I will accept it as a possible solution, which does nevertheless have some sensible thinking behind it, but that is it.

Itīs sad we donīt know, yes. But as I keep saying, we know quite enough. Iīm glad to hear you think it is case closed if the cutting was similar - it tells me you know we are close.
                              Close in that it is a possibility, but far apart on the probability I would suggest

Steve

Comment

• [QUOTE=Elamarna;391073]

No teeth kicking needed at all

Partyspoiler... !

Here I disagree completely,
                                The method commonly used to open up the body is to cut flaps, which are retracted, they may be completely removed, they may not be.

I am not talking about just the methods which may be used by killers, but anyone removing organs, be that from people or animals.

We did go over this some time ago and nothing has changed you have one view I another, that is as far as we can go on that I think.

Ah - I see what you mean now. Technically speaking, I suppose that a cut from sternum to pelvis would produce two "flaps" of the abdominak wall, one on each side of the cut.
                                But this is not what we are discussing, is it? We are discussing flaps that were REMOVED, taken away from the abdomen, leaving the innards on display. SUch flaps, and such flaps only are what I am discussing.

Please see my above statement, I am talking about the removal of organs in general, not murders.

Well, I am not. I am specifically talking about murders. That is where I want to see any precedence, in any case. After all, we are dealing with murder cases and not with surgeons operating on people. Letīs stick with the subject!

The knife skill appears to be at least partially valid, in that both series were conducted by someone who knew how to use a knife, but it is no more specific than that.

"Knew how to use knife"? In both series, there was exceedingly skilful cutting on display, enough to make the medicos suggest a surgeon at work. How likely is it that TWO serial killers in the same town at the same time possess such skill?

I have already said that I do not consider the geography or time frame to be significantly similar. You disagree fair enough.

Itīs more than that - it is a prerequisite. It is the very reason we are discussing this.

With regards to victimology, given that all but one is it of the torso victims is unknown, how can any comparison be made?

I just did. Didnīt you notice? The comparison that CAN be made points to the same victimology.

When dismembering, of course organs, including the colon will be cut and maybe severed, therefore I do not see that it can be positively said this is a deliberate act in the Torso case (It could be, however I do not feel there is enough information to draw a conclusion on this); it obviously is in the C5 cases..

It takes TWO cuts that completely severs the colon, Steve. That puts it beyond coincidence, not least when it happens THREE times.

That is your opinion, mine is different, but such is life.

Yes. And many bad cops keep their jobs.

Ah, this is where we really disagree, I made my points in the last post, obviously you see it differently from me, we will have to agree to disagree I think.

Yes, letīs.

Would I bet there was no parallel case reported - probably not
                                would I bet there were two killers- at present on the balance of probability - yes.

However I am always open to persuasion, with enough evidence that is.
                                At present I just don't see such to convince me.

Note to self: Never enter on any gambling or betting together with Steve, uness I make the calls.

Comment

Working...
                                X