Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [QUOTE=Fisherman;390965][QUOTE=Pierre;390964]
    Originally posted by Fisherman View Post

After having given it some serious afterthought, I decided not to answer this post of yours, Pierre. I find it a waste of time.
    good choice Fish. Wish everyone else would do the same. at least until he gets serious and at least names his suspect.
    "Is all that we see or seem
    but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
    quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

• Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
      We don´t know that, Trevor - but the comparison stands regardless as we KNOW that organs were taken from other Ripper victims.
      We do know that, Insp Reid who was in charge of Whitechapel CID and who visited the crime scene and in whose hands the file would have passed before being sent to Swanson tells us in The NOW article in 1896 that no organs were taken away.

Just to clarify and to be specific. The organs were found to be missing from Chapman and Eddowes when the post mortems were carried out. There is no evidence that shows they were found to be missing prior to this with regards to either victims and so it not conclusive that the killer removed the organs.

Last edited by Trevor Marriott; 08-25-2016, 06:36 AM.

Comment

John G:

I don't see how you can remotely compare Kelly's murder with the Battersea Torso (not even proved to be murder). And, as I've noted, not a single medical expert has ever suggested otherwise.

To begin with, I think that if any medical expert worth his salt knew about the similarities, there would be a recognition of them.
        There were victims in both series who had part of the colon removed. There were victims in both series who had the abdominal wall removed in large panes. If you can point to any other case in any other era where this happened, I would be interested to hear about it.
        Organs were taken away in both series, sexually oriented as well as non-sexually oriented. How does that strike you?
        In both series, there were abdomens that were cut open from sternum to pubes. What does that make you think?
        In both series, the killer was so skilled with the knife that it was reasoned that he was a surgeon. Is that a mere coincidence?

I would also point out that the objectives of the respective perpetrators was clearly radically different, so there's no reason that there should be any significant similarities anyway: in the case of Kelly the objective was to remove the body organs; in the Battersea case to dismember the body.

A few questions: WHY did the killer take out the organs of Kelly, if he did not want to keep them?
        There were torso victims where the organs were taken out deliberately too, uterus, heart, lungs...
        So where is the significant difference?
        If the Battersea case was about dismembering the body, why did the killer meticulously cut away the face and scalp from the victim? Is that what a dismemberment killer does?
        I would say that in BOTH cases, the killers aim was to use his knife to deconstruct the victim. And the dismemberment may have been only a way to dispose of the parts from a location that he could be tied to. In the Kelly case, such a thing was not necessary.
        How does that strike you?
        Moreover, are you saying that the dismemberment itself was the aim for the Battersea torso killer? Was there no other wish, preceding that?

And personally I think it very unwise for anyone who, say, regards themselves as a bit of an amateur forensics expert, without holding any relevant qualifications, to attempt to draw radical conclusions based upon comparing medical reports-which, in any event, by today's standards were often vague and unscientific in their assessments.

Are you saying that perhaps there was never any cutting away of the abdomens in large flaps from Chapman, Kelly and Jackson?
        Are you saying that Eddowes and Jackson and the Rainham victim did perhaps not loose part of their colons?
        Are you saying that maybe the Rainham victim, Jackson and the Pinchin Street victim did not have their bellies opened up from sternum to pubes?
        Are all of these matters misunderstandings on my behalf, led on by how the victorian medicos were unscientific?
        Are you saying that Jackson did perhaps not have her uterus cut out, as had Chapman and Eddowes?
        Please feel free to elaborate on this.
        nice response Fish and good summary of the similarities.
        for anyone to say we cant now, after doing the research, reading all the available material, and making a reasonable analysis and comparison, as you have done, regardless of not being a medical professional is ludicrous.
        good job.

the ripper and torso man may or may not be the same man but the similarities are there for anyone see clearly, anyone with half a brain at least.

re Battersea-how does meticulous removal of the face aid in disposal? LOL!
        Last edited by Abby Normal; 08-25-2016, 06:38 AM.
        "Is all that we see or seem
        but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
        quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

• [QUOTE=Abby Normal;390966][QUOTE=Fisherman;390965]
          Originally posted by Pierre View Post

good choice Fish. Wish everyone else would do the same. at least until he gets serious and at least names his suspect.
          Pierre would struggle to name a poorer suspect than Lechmere.

Cheers John

Comment

• [QUOTE=Fisherman;390952]
            Originally posted by John Wheat View Post

You will forgive me for not entering in debate with you on this subtle issue.
            You could just admit you're wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post
              We do know that, Insp Reid who was in charge of Whitechapel CID and who visited the crime scene and in whose hands the file would have passed before being sent to Swanson tells us in The NOW article in 1896 that no organs were taken away.

Just to clarify and to be specific. The organs were found to be missing from Chapman and Eddowes when the post mortems were carried out. There is no evidence that shows they were found to be missing prior to this with regards to either victims and so it not conclusive that the killer removed the organs.

www.trevormarriott.co.uk
              Next you'll be saying it's not conclusive that the Ripper victims were even murdered.

Comment

www.trevormarriott.co.uk
                Myriads of people have thought this over, and 99 per cent of them reached the same conclusion - the abdomen was opened up to allow for access to the inner organs, and the killer was more than likely the organ retriever too.
                You may have noticed that I speak of how part of the colon was cut out from a number of victims. Eddowes was one such victim, and her colon was drawn lying beside her in Mitre Square - placed there by design, as it happens.
                I take it you are not going to argue that is an unfortunate misunderstanding too?
                Last edited by Fisherman; 08-25-2016, 07:13 AM.

Comment

www.trevormarriott.co.uk
                  Abberline was in charge of the Ripper investigation. All Ripper related reports would have gone to Swanson through him.

Do we have any official documents placing Reid at Millers Court ?

The Now article was produced on his retirement, 8 years after the Kelly murder.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon Guy View Post
                    Abberline was in charge of the Ripper investigation. All Ripper related reports would have gone to Swanson through him.

But as head of Whitechapel CID he would have had an involvement in the presenting of the file to swanson and would have known if any organs were take away by the killer.

Perhaps you would care to quote anything from Abberline which corroborates the misguided belief that kellys heart was taken away by he killer

Do we have any not placing him at Millers Court ?

And your point is ? Does that make his memory of such an hoffic crime less creditable ?

Perhaps you would care to show where it conclusively says the heart was taken away by the killer, and not relying on the ambigous statmenet of Dr Brown.

This issue has been argued over many times before I am not going to get involved in bringing it back to life yet again. I have my assessment of the facts relating to this issue, you and a small minority have your own assessment lets leave it at that

Comment

The Echo, 10th November 1888...

“The investigation made by the doctors yesterday was not the final one, mainly because the room was ill-adapted for the purpose of carrying out a complete autopsy. The post-mortem examination-in-chief was only commenced this morning, at the early hour of half-past seven, when Dr. Phillips, Dr. Bond, Dr. Hibbert, and other experts attended. Some portions of the body are missing, and, says an Echo reporter, writing at two o'clock this afternoon, Dr. Phillips and Dr. Bond, accompanied by Inspector Moore, Inspector Abberline, and Inspector Reid, are again paying a visit to Miller's-court, in order to examine the ashes found in the grate, as it is thought small parts of the body may have been burnt.”

Comment

[B]And your point is ? Does that make his memory of such an hoffic crime less creditable ?
                        My point ?

You wrote that all files would have passed through Reid`s hands, which is wrong. Reid was busy looking after other CID issues in Whitechapel whilst Abberline looked after the Ripper case.

Perhaps you would care to show where it conclusively says the heart was taken away by the killer, and not relying on the ambigous statmenet of Dr Brown.
                        ermm Dr Bond, you mean ?
                        Your memory is as bad as Inspector Reid`s

Comment

The Echo, 10th November 1888...

“The investigation made by the doctors yesterday was not the final one, mainly because the room was ill-adapted for the purpose of carrying out a complete autopsy. The post-mortem examination-in-chief was only commenced this morning, at the early hour of half-past seven, when Dr. Phillips, Dr. Bond, Dr. Hibbert, and other experts attended. Some portions of the body are missing, and, says an Echo reporter, writing at two o'clock this afternoon, Dr. Phillips and Dr. Bond, accompanied by Inspector Moore, Inspector Abberline, and Inspector Reid, are again paying a visit to Miller's-court, in order to examine the ashes found in the grate, as it is thought small parts of the body may have been burnt.”

www.trevormarriott.co.uk
                          Thank you.
                          The same source that places Reid in Millers Court, also states that some portions of the body are missing. Hmmm

Comment

Thank you.
                            The same source that places Reid in Millers Court, also states that some portions of the body are missing. Hmmm
                            Reids interview is a primary source from someone directly involved. Out of all those others who were directly involved none say any organ was missing from Kelly, which goes to corroborate Reids statement.

Do you not think that on such an important issue as the heart being taken others would have made comment about it over the years that followed? The reason they didnt was because they knew nothing was missing.

Comment

Myriads of people have thought this over, and 99 per cent of them reached the same conclusion - the abdomen was opened up to allow for access to the inner organs, and the killer was more than likely the organ retriever too.
                              You may have noticed that I speak of how part of the colon was cut out from a number of victims. Eddowes was one such victim, and her colon was drawn lying beside her in Mitre Square - placed there by design, as it happens.
                              I take it you are not going to argue that is an unfortunate misunderstanding too?
                              The abdomens were stabbed and ripped open that is fact.

Why would a killer do that to a body if he had a design on removing specific organs. By stabbing the abdomen that would likely as not damage the organs. So as far as The Whtechapem victims are concerned there is nothing to suggest that murder and mutilation were not the motive.

Placed by design is the doctors opinion nothing more.

You keep going on about the colon take a look at the pic. There are different parts of the colon.You dont know which parts they are referring stabbing someone and ripping the abdomen open would likely as not sever some part of the colon. So you are reading into something that is not there to be read.
                              Attached Files

Comment

My point ?

You wrote that all files would have passed through Reid`s hands, which is wrong. Reid was busy looking after other CID issues in Whitechapel whilst Abberline looked after the Ripper case.

ermm Dr Bond, you mean ?
                                Your memory is as bad as Inspector Reid`s
                                Yes sorry, I have a life

Comment

Working...
                                X