No announcement yet.

Ripper Facts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can see the possibility he committed the murders after removing his clothes and it could of been the case.
    But If he did strip down the killer would also be aware that at any moment he may for some reason have to make a quick retreat.
    Would he take the risk of having to make an escape whilst naked and covered in blood?
    He's pretty much caught if that happens.

Unless the killer knew Mary and or had knowledge of the house or millers court he would have no idea...
    If Mary lived alone.
    If Mary was expecting anybody else later.
    If anyone else knows how to open the door via the window.
    Who lived upstairs and are they likely to see or hear him.
    If it was likely that other court residents would see him though the window.
    If Someone from behind the makeshift partition would disturb him.

I don't think he would of felt secure enough to undress to commit that act unless for some reason he was very familiar or comfortable with his surroundings and was pretty sure he wouldn't be disturbed.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinkmoon View Post
      As most of the "facts"come from newspaper reports a large pinch of salt is required.
      I don't question the authenticity of the Church Lane sighting, but if any man was not the Ripper, it was the man casually sitting in the open wiping his hands.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

• That's always intrigued me about the Kelly killing. If Jack killed Mary at the time the call of 'Murder' was heard there's quite a gap in time from when Hutch saw Astrakhan Man and Mary going up Millers Court.

If A man was the killer, what happened in between? Did they sit there in the darkness of that grimy, cold little room having a ginger beer and a chat for ages?

Did both strip off, get down to business and eventually Jack got dressed again as if he was going home, while Mary dropped off to sleep? That's a possibility, I suppose. He may have sat on the side of the bed watching while she drifted off to slumberland so he could start his fun. It's just a minor puzzle I know, but I've always wondered.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom_Wescott View Post
          I don't question the authenticity of the Church Lane sighting, but if any man was not the Ripper, it was the man casually sitting in the open wiping his hands.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott
          Tom, I thought he was tying to conceal his face.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott Nelson View Post
            Tom, I thought he was tying to conceal his face.
            Doesn't sound like he was trying to cover himself too well if he's sitting out on a public roadway and his hands are in front of him.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

• I agree absolutely Pierre.

Best regards.
              wigngown 🇬🇧

Comment

• Originally posted by Pierre View Post
                One should not make jokes about serial murders. Or accuse dead people without proof.

Regards, Pierre
                Or post out here without genuine knowledge.

By the way, Pierre, you have not named your suspect, but you have nevertheless accused him. Does that mean that you have proof?

Comment

• From the Star the day after the double event.

'From two different sources we have the story that a man, when passing through Church Lane at about half past one, saw a man sitting on a doorstep and wiping his hands. As everyone is on the lookout for the murderer the man looked at the stranger with a certain amount of suspicion, whereupon he tried to conceal his face. He is described as a man who wore a short jacket and a sailor's hat.'

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosella View Post
                    From the Star the day after the double event.

'From two different sources we have the story that a man, when passing through Church Lane at about half past one, saw a man sitting on a doorstep and wiping his hands. As everyone is on the lookout for the murderer the man looked at the stranger with a certain amount of suspicion, whereupon he tried to conceal his face. He is described as a man who wore a short jacket and a sailor's hat.'
                    Hi,

Why should he be Jack the Ripper - in the sources?

He might have been Jack the Ripper in the past.

But what is the reason to think he is Jack the Ripper in the sources?

Regards, Pierre

Comment

• Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
                      Or post out here without genuine knowledge.

By the way, Pierre, you have not named your suspect, but you have nevertheless accused him. Does that mean that you have proof?
                      I think it means his suspect is an Immortal and is still quite alive.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

• Originally posted by Pierre View Post
                        Hi,

Why should he be Jack the Ripper - in the sources?

He might have been Jack the Ripper in the past.

But what is the reason to think he is Jack the Ripper in the sources?

Regards, Pierre
                        What makes the Church Lane sighting likely to be the Ripper is that people saw a man 30 minutes after the killing, the man had a similar description (short jacket and sailor hat, age) to the other witnesses (PC William Smith), and he appeared suspicious (tried to hide his face)

Craig

Comment

• Three victims from Flower & Dean Street

Another fact is that three of the victims - Nichols, Stride and Eddowes - all lived in Flower & Dean Street immediately before they died.

What are the chances that 3 people killed by the same person lived in the same street ?

While I understand that Flower & Dean Street was a home where many unfortunates lived, it's still an incredible co-incidence.

Could this suggest that Jack knew them, or at least had seen them before ?

Could this also explain why the Marshall sighting was an hour before Stride died ? Maybe Jack knew Stride, and was talking with her earlier, then came back an hour later (when he was seen by PC Smith) ?

Craig

Comment

• Originally posted by Craig H View Post
                            Another fact is that three of the victims - Nichols, Stride and Eddowes - all lived in Flower & Dean Street immediately before they died.

What are the chances that 3 people killed by the same person lived in the same street ?

While I understand that Flower & Dean Street was a home where many unfortunates lived, it's still an incredible co-incidence.

Could this suggest that Jack knew them, or at least had seen them before ?

Could this also explain why the Marshall sighting was an hour before Stride died ? Maybe Jack knew Stride, and was talking with her earlier, then came back an hour later (when he was seen by PC Smith) ?

Craig
                            Polly Nichols was actually living with Annie Chapman at the time of her murder.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

• Would you believe next door to Eddowes.
                              My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

• How about,if you look carefully at the living arrangements of the women,you might find a pattern to events.
                                My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

Working...
                                X