Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So Cross the Ripper got involved in the investigation. Why did he stop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post
    And that comment again shows how you react when your theory is shown to be flawed,as it has been many times on here, not just by me but other posters as well.

You have no answers, and rely on insults towards those who show you the flaws. The sad thing is that you are not even prepared to accept a single flaw in your theory.

www.trevormarriott.co.uk
    I have all the answers I need to, Trevor. Where are the questions? What is it you want a "reaction" to? Shall I choose one thing only? Okay, here goes:

"The suggestion that a simple carman was able to outfox the police not only on one occasion with the Nicholls murder but he then went onto commit other murders in and around the same location all within a short space of time of each murder, without drawing further attention to himself is incomprehensible."

A "simple" carman? Were all carmen "simple"? That is a pertinent question. Any answers?

A "simple carpainter" like Gary Ridgway was able to outfox the police for many years and he was up against a technically superior force, compared to the victorian police. A "simple alarm installer" like Dennis Rader did the same. They both worked in limited area surroundings. Of course, they doid not kill all their victims "in the same location", but then again, such a claim ion behalf of the Ripper is not true either.
    Ridgway, Rader and the Ripper ALL drew a lot of attention, but neither man was caught until many years after surfacing.

So this argument of yours is not viable.

Shall I go through the rest of your "points" in the same manner?

I will not yield, you say. Do you want me to accept that the Ripper could not do what he did, in spite of the many later examples there are to show the exact opposite?

Is that what you want me to do? Say that you are right although you are demonstrably wrong? After all, I am only a "simple journalist".

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert View Post
      A strange interview with Mrs Lechmere has emerged :

CONSTABLE : I'd just like to ask you about your husband Charles.

MRS L : Charles? Is that his name?

CONSTABLE : Well, isn't it?

MRS L : I don't know. I don't ask him his name. I mind my own business.

CONSTABLE : Oh! Do you know if he's in?

MRS L (CALLS OUT) : Charles, or whoever you are. Are you in?.........I think he's probably out.

CONSTABLE : I see. Well, doubtless you've heard about the murder -

MRS L : Oh, if he's been murdered he won't be in. Not for a while, anyway.

CONSTABLE : Madam, can you help us in any way at all?

MRS L : I don't think so. But maybe you could help me.

CONSTABLE : Yes?

MRS L : Do you know if Tottenham are playing Stow up front in the big match on Saturday? He's a great header of the ball. If he can get on the end of one of Holmgren's crosses.......
      Great stuff, Robert - for once you are factually to the point, and not just your own whimsical you.

I knew you were going to get there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Columbo View Post
        It's no different. They were only suspects and only one can be guilty. So we're all essentially dragging all these names through the mud, no matter if they killed before or not.
        Not really. All of those men named have legitimate grounds for suspicion, either because they were suspected by senior policeman at the time or because they were actual murderers. Lechmere was neither of those things. He didn't have a criminal record and despite Christer's best efforts there's nothing to suggest he was anything less than a hardworking family man.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fisherman View Post

"The suggestion that a simple carman was able to outfox the police not only on one occasion with the Nicholls murder but he then went onto commit other murders in and around the same location all within a short space of time of each murder, without drawing further attention to himself is incomprehensible."

A "simple" carman? Were all carmen "simple"? That is a pertinent question. Any answers?

Well he wasn't the brightest spark in the fire because, if he were the killer he had ample time to run away and never be identified, and to then to give a name which would positively identify him. Those reasons really show he was a cool calculated killer, and to then go on and kill again in the same area a week later. Yes I can see why he fooled the police

A "simple carpainter" like Gary Ridgway was able to outfox the police for many years and he was up against a technically superior force, compared to the victorian police. A "simple alarm installer" like Dennis Rader did the same. They both worked in limited area surroundings. Of course, they did not kill all their victims "in the same location", but then again, such a claim ion behalf of the Ripper is not true either.

Isnt Whitechapel a location ? Were they not all killed in an around Whitechape

Ridgway, Rader and the Ripper ALL drew a lot of attention, but neither man was caught until many years after surfacing.

But none of them were found with a freshly killed body were they, which might have aroused suspicion? And they were all caught after becoming suspects based on evidence gathered. What evidence have you gathered? Nothing other than him finding the body.

I will not yield, you say. Do you want me to accept that the Ripper could not do what he did, in spite of the many later examples there are to show the exact opposite?

I am saying that Lechmere could not have gone onto do all the other things if he had been regarded as a viable suspect at the time, for the reasons stated in my post. Again I say there is nothing to suggest he was ever looked upon as a suspect

Is that what you want me to do? Say that you are right although you are demonstrably wrong? After all, I am only a "simple journalist".
          A simple journalist ah, then it has become clear, they are renown for embellishing facts on matters to which they report on, and will never admit they got it wrong !

Comment

• Originally posted by Harry D View Post
            Not really. All of those men named have legitimate grounds for suspicion, either because they were suspected by senior policeman at the time or because they were actual murderers. Lechmere was neither of those things. He didn't have a criminal record and despite Christer's best efforts there's nothing to suggest he was anything less than a hardworking family man.
            I am actually suggesting that he was MORE than a hardworking family man. And I am suggesting that it is ridiculous to feign moral indignation on his behalf. He is a suspect on much more legitimate grounds when it comes to the case details than a man like Bury who cannot be tied to the murder series in any shape or form at all.

Comment

I am actually suggesting that he was MORE than a hardworking family man. And I am suggesting that it is ridiculous to feign moral indignation on his behalf. He is a suspect on much more legitimate grounds when it comes to the case details than a man like Bury who cannot be tied to the murder series in any shape or form at all.
              You keep making suggestions, but they are nothing more than that, and you keep using them to prop up your theory. The people want hard proven facts !

Comment

Make sure read fully up on him before you go there, because at this time you seem ill informed.

www.trevormarriott.co.uk
                You're correct. Other than your own deceptively biased documentary and reading through other forums, I'm very ill informed on Fieghnbaum. But when the time is right and if I get so bored that I want to amuse myself with yet another JTR fantasy I'll be back on the Fieghnbaum boards, unless I decide to do something more interesting, like watching grass grow first.

Columbo

Comment

You're correct. Other than your own deceptively biased documentary and reading through other forums, I'm very ill informed on Fieghnbaum. But when the time is right and if I get so bored that I want to amuse myself with yet another JTR fantasy I'll be back on the Fieghnbaum boards, unless I decide to do something more interesting, like watching grass grow first.

Columbo
                  Well I am sure with your shown ability to asses and evaluate facts in unbiased fashion, watching the grass grow would seem best for you.

Comment

You keep making suggestions, but they are nothing more than that, and you keep using them to prop up your theory. The people want hard proven facts !

www.trevormarriott.co.uk
                    We, the people...?

Come on now, and ask those questions you said I could not answer. And hurry up, I havenīt got all day.

Comment

I am actually suggesting that he was MORE than a hardworking family man.
                      Tomato, tomahto. I would quantify a serial killer as a step-down from family man but hey ho.

Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
                      And I am suggesting that it is ridiculous to feign moral indignation on his behalf.
                      Nothing fake about it. I wouldn't be amused if some armchair detectives tried to sully my ancestor and my family name on such weak grounds.

Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
                      He is a suspect on much more legitimate grounds when it comes to the case details than a man like Bury who cannot be tied to the murder series in any shape or form at all.
                      Keep telling yourself that. Like I said before, it takes less assumptions to place Bury in Whitechapel than it does to take Lechmere for a serial killer.
                      Last edited by Harry D; 05-02-2016, 06:15 AM.

Comment

Columbo
                        I find it interesting that Trevor says that a "simple carman" could not be the killer.

Apparently, though, a simple sailor could...?

I am looking forward to the explanation.

Comment

Well I am sure with your shown ability to asses

www.trevormarriott.co.uk
                          Seems to have you nailed
                          My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

• Originally posted by DJA View Post
                            Seems to have you nailed
                            A bit disturbing, that one...

Comment

• Harry D:

Nothing fake about it. I wouldn't be amused if some armchair detectives tried to sully my descendant and my family name on such weak grounds.

The Lechmeres were okay with it - they thought it was interesting, even. So nobody is hurt. Moreover, itīs not as if Lechmere is proven not guilty - he is a very viable suspect.

Keep telling yourself that. Like I said before, it takes less assumptions to place Bury in Whitechapel than it does to take Lechmere for a serial killer.

Can you quantify that, please? Is it not true that it is always unexpected for somebody to be a serialist? It is statistically very rare. Visiting Whitechapel, on the other hand, is extremely common.
                              Maybe the comparison is not a very clever one?

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert View Post
                                MRS L : Do you know if Tottenham are playing Stow up front in the big match on Saturday? He's a great header of the ball. If he can get on the end of one of Holmgren's crosses.......
                                Tottenham and San Antonio... GO Spurs GO!
                                there,s nothing new, only the unexplored

Comment

Working...
                                X