No announcement yet.

Suggestion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dunno if this helps or not but the link below will open a 3D representation of Simon Wood's floor plan for No. 13

http://autumnofterror.com/13/13.html (open in Mozilla or IE)

If the forum can settle on a floor plan for No.13, the stairs, Prater's etc. I can create a 3D that will allow you to move the furniture (bed, table, doors etc) into desired positions so you can explore/experiment with different scenarios and then snap a screenshot.

No 13 3D Floor Plan
    JtRmap.com<< JtR Interactive Map
    JtRmap FORM << Use this form to make suggestions for map annotations
    ---------------------------------------------------
    JtR3d.com << JtR 3D & #VR Website
    ---------------------------------------------------

Comment

• Just some photos and a depiction of the front entry and rear of Millers Court.
      Attached Files

Comment

• You can imagine the filth and grime and how dark these hovels must have been at night. Dorset St was reputedly OK as there were lamps in front of the lodging houses but the courts off the street must have been black.

Comment

• Again with the lamps.

Arggghhhh!

The closest lamp was over three doors away,unless you count the lamp at the end of the archway.
          Last edited by DJA; 12-01-2015, 06:59 PM. Reason: h
          My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

• Well, I think it's quite difficult for us, living in the 21st century to comprehend just how dark it was in previous centuries in houses, rooms and streets, even major streets like Dorset St which did have lamps twinkling in front of doss houses.The lamps in major thoroughfares would have cast a few small pools of light in a sea of darkness, really. Ideal for a serial killer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosella View Post
              ^^ It has been speculated that the odd windows are to do with Mary's room having once been a pantry (smaller window) and a scullery (larger.)
              I've seen that before, but I still think the level s strange, however it may have been that they used what they could get at the time.
              G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• If you were to look at MJK3 from this pov:

[THE WINDOW] The vertical strip of daylight is shining from behind the edge of a curtain.
                [THE DOOR] There is a knob or part of the door assembly in the upper left corner. You can make out a dark round ball.

Would you expect for the door assembly to appear more broken if this is where Jack McCarthy had busted-in only a short time prior?
                Last edited by Robert St Devil; 12-01-2015, 08:22 PM.
                there,s nothing new, only the unexplored

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert St Devil View Post

Would you expect for the door assembly to appear more broken if this is where Jack McCarthy had busted-in only a short time prior?
                  Not necessarily, I expect he used the minimum force, knowing who would have to pay for any repairs.
                  G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• Think that one through!
                    My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

• Originally posted by DJA View Post
                      Think that one through!
                      Photo was taken prior to entry?

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert St Devil View Post
                        No. They would only have to break the jamb enough to stop the latch from catching properly. It could have taken as little as a small crack.
                        I’m often irrelevant. It confuses people.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
                          Michael.....you're killing me!

Ok, here's TWO red circles showing TWO doors.
                          Kelly's door is just an erasure, but the lower door was an original door, this was Prater's door to No.26, so shown correctly.

Hi,

Prater had to enter from the passage directly into the stairway which led to room 20.

Regards Pierre
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
                            Another factor to consider, according to Mrs Prater, she used the door inside the passage (the first door into No.26, Kelly's was the second door) to access the stairs. So the original floor plan of the house may have been very similar to this:

A passage under the stairs led to the original back door.
                            And, now we see the 'ghost' door which was the original entry to Kelly's room.
                            That 'ghost' door was fixed in place and wallpapered over because in Kelly's time that door was no longer necessary.
                            Hi,

This drawing is great!

But if we use Tully´s plan, wouldn´t the stairway have gone in the other direction?

I am sorry I can´t draw as good as you, so I´ll have to use this picture to describe it (the one on the left is taken from a 1888 plan for another house in Dorset Street):

Regards Pierre
                            Attached Files

Comment

• [QUOTE=Rosella;362226]Well, I think it's quite difficult for us, living in the 21st century to comprehend just how dark it was in previous centuries in houses, rooms and streets, even major streets like Dorset St which did have lamps twinkling in front of doss houses.The lamps in major thoroughfares would have cast a few small pools of light in a sea of darkness, really.

Ideal for a serial killer.[/QUOTE]

Yes. And that is one reason he chose Spitalfields.

Regards Pierre

Comment

• Hi Pierre.

I think you are wrong about MJK3 but correct about the staircase.

In the KITTY RONAN dissertation, Andrew Stevens states that Kitty came down the street, pass up the court, and enter the house.

Comment

Working...
                                X