No announcement yet.

Suggestion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [QUOTE=Fisherman;361814]Well, well...! So the killer purportedly placed himself at a well lighted place, hoping for people to pass by, getting a really good look at him?
    QUOTE]

Hi Fisherman,

What do you mean?

Regards Pierre

Comment

• Originally posted by DJA View Post
      Yep. Single gate. Could have been one at both ends.

Google will give you "your" photo,taken the Year after McCarthy left, and an early drawing.

The backyard was not residential initially.

House proper was accessed from the front door.

The loft from the archway.

Back parlor or servants quarter from beyond the archway.

My doorways are 2 foot 6.
      Hi,

Exactly why are you interested in the archway?

Regards Pierre

Comment

• Originally posted by Pierre View Post
        Hi,

Exactly why are you interested in the archway?

Regards Pierre
        Hope to get my Movie started one day.

Like to get it right.

One of three areas I've not gone into accurately before.

Know why so many inhabitants of Miller's Court knew Mary Ann Kelly?
        My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

Hope to get my Movie started one day.

Like to get it right.

One of three areas I've not gone into accurately before.

Know why so many inhabitants of Miller's Court knew Mary Ann Kelly?
          Who is "Mary Ann Kelly"?

Comment

• [QUOTE=Pierre;361836]
            Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
            Well, well...! So the killer purportedly placed himself at a well lighted place, hoping for people to pass by, getting a really good look at him?
            QUOTE]

Hi Fisherman,

What do you mean?

Regards Pierre
            I was being slightly provocative, Pierre. Has to do with old disagreements - long story.

The essence here is that I do not think that a careful killer would have employed a brightly lit entrance to monitor Millers Court from.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Fisherman;361844]
              Originally posted by Pierre View Post

The essence here is that I do not think that a careful killer would have employed a brightly lit entrance to monitor Millers Court from.
              Hi,

So where did you get that idea from?

Regards Pierre

Comment

• Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
                Well, well...! So the killer purportedly placed himself at a well lighted place
                Read it again, Fish - it says that the lodging house was well-lighted, that's all. It says nothing about Dorset Street outside, where Mr Wideawake was stationed.
                Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
                  Read it again, Fish - it says that the lodging house was well-lighted, that's all. It says nothing about Dorset Street outside, where Mr Wideawake was stationed.
                  OK, so that was the issue. Got it.

Pierre

Comment

• Originally posted by Pierre View Post
                    Who is "Mary Kelly"?
                    Make it easier?

Comment

Make it easier?
                      You wrote Mary Ann. You must have meant Mary Jane.

Pierre

Comment

• She was Christened Mary Ann Kelly.

Comment

So the lights were on the inside only?

I donīt think so. It is a known fact that Dorset Street was a relatively well-lit street, mostly due to the many lights outside (predominantly) the lodging houses.

The idea that the lodging house would be lit up inside throughout the night is not a very likely one - if you ask me, that is.

Comment

Gareth, I think you already read this line in a previous link I supplied concerning the 'gate'.

"Dorset street is a fairly wide thoroughfare, and at night, owing to the lamps in the windows and over the doors of the numerous lodging-houses, it may be described as well-lighted."
                            Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
                              Gareth, I think you already read this line in a previous link I supplied concerning the 'gate'.

"Dorset street is a fairly wide thoroughfare, and at night, owing to the lamps in the windows and over the doors of the numerous lodging-houses, it may be described as well-lighted."
                              http://www.casebook.org/press_report.../18881110.html
                              If it was well lighted that obviously didnīt bother the killer.

Regards Pierre

Comment

• Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
                                Yes, it annoyed me too because on Howards JTRForum we had debated this same issue and I wrote there that the press mentioned the gate access to the storage area, but I provided no reference - unusual!

Ok, I had to search the BNA archives, and in the Freeman's Journal of Nov. 10th, we read:
                                "The ground floor of the house to the right of the court is used as a store, with a gate entrance, and the upper floors are let off in tenements"

Ah, it is also in the Irish Times here on Casebook (I had already looked on here once...duh!!!)
                                http://www.casebook.org/press_report.../18881110.html
                                Why should 26 Dorset Street have both a front door and a gate at the same time and in the same wall?

Regards Pierre

Comment

Working...
                                X