The broken window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi David,

Seven if you count Dr. Gabe, and Dr. Dukes who left after Phillips arrived.

Gotta go.

Regards,

Simon
    Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

• Originally posted by Simon Wood View Post
      Hi David,

Seven if you count Dr. Gabe, and Dr. Dukes who left after Phillips arrived.
      Oh right, so what was Dr Dukes doing there?

Comment

• Hi David,

Do you know—darn it—nobody thought to ask him.

Perhaps it was his proximity. Dr. William Profit Dukes lived at 75 Brick Lane.

Regards,

Simon
        Last edited by Simon Wood; 10-13-2015, 02:25 PM. Reason: spolling mistook

Comment

Hi David,

Do you know—darn it—nobody thought to ask him.

Perhaps it was his proximity. Dr. William Profit Dukes lived at 75 Brick Lane.
          You are missing the point Simon. Let me put it this way:

At one time or another throughout the afternoon of 9th November there were five other medical men in Millers Court, each more than capable of assessing the victim's wounds.

What need did the victim have for Dr. Dukes' attention?

If you ever answer this question (unlikely), then you can use the same answer for Dr Gabe.

Comment

• Hi David,

Dr William Profit Dukes MD was a Police Surgeon.

Perhaps that had something to do with his presence at Millers Court.

Regards,

Simon

Comment

Hi David,

Dr William Profit Dukes MD was a Police Surgeon.

Perhaps that had something to do with his presence at Millers Court.
              Yet Dr George Bagster Phillips was the surgeon to 'H' Division of the Metropolitan Police and he must have been there before Dukes (despite your claim that Dukes 'left after Phillips arrived', which is another example of the dangers of taking your information from newspapers). Phillips arrived on the scene at 11:15am long before the other doctors. He was more than capable of assessing the victim's wounds, yet it was evidently felt that more doctors would be useful.

Comment

• Now, Simon, we know that Dr Gabe saw the victim in her room and I'm still waiting for you to explain why he did so if he was there to attend to a little boy.

Comment

• Hi David,

Yes, it sure is a puzzler, ain't it?

Perhaps Dr. Phillips was attending to someone else when the call went out.

And don't forget, Dr. Dukes could not have got into the room.

Now, David, regarding Dr. Gabe. If you were a doctor called to attend to a six or seven year old boy in Millers Court, wouldn't you have wanted to see the cause of the little chap's plight for yourself?

Regards,

Simon
                  Last edited by Simon Wood; 10-13-2015, 03:25 PM. Reason: spolling mistook

Comment

Hi David,

Yes, it sure is a puzzler, ain't it?

Perhaps Dr. Phillips was attending to someone else when the call went out.
                    I don't know what this means but if you are entering the world of 'perhaps' then perhaps Dr Gabe was attending to someone in the local vicinity when the call went out, or perhaps he was visiting his old surgery around the corner, or perhaps he was attending at the London Hospital, or perhaps he was meeting up with one of the other doctors and came along. The world of 'perhaps' has many possibilities.

Comment

And don't forget, Dr. Dukes could not have got into the room.
                      I don't know what this means. If he saw the victim then he obviously did get into the room.

Comment

• Hi David,

Evidently, it does for you.

Perhaps if you were smart rather than clever we might get somewhere.

Regarding Dr. Dukes, he would have peeped through the window like everyone else, for there was no access to the room until 1.30 pm.

Regards,

Simon

Comment

Now, David, regarding Dr. Gabe. If you were a doctor called to attend to a six or seven year old boy in Millers Court, wouldn't you have wanted to see the cause of the little chap's plight for yourself?
                          And leave the poor boy where exactly?

As it happens, I would have thought that, having been called specifically to attend to a little boy, my sole priority would be the little boy's welfare, him being my patient, and what business would I have had satisfying my curiosity to look inside the murder scene?

But I'm happy with your answer Simon because essentially you have admitted that if Dr Gabe had been in the vicinity of Dorset Street for whatever reason that afternoon he was at liberty to satisfy his curiosity by wandering into number 26 Millers Court.

Comment

• Hi David,

Stop being a dick.

Regards,

Simon

Comment

Regarding Dr. Dukes, he would have peeped through the window like everyone else, for there was no access to the room until 1.30 pm.
                              Your posts are getting rather bizarre now Simon.

One thing that is certain: all the doctors went into the room after 1.30pm.

Comment

Stop being a dick.
                                And there we have it. The key question unanswered and you resort to personal abuse.

Comment

Working...
                                X