Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Phil Carter View Post
    Another observation for consumption.

As an axe was used to break open the ddoor in order to gain entry...

There is no evidence that the door was broken down. .In other words removed partly or totally from its hinges.
    There is no evidence that only the door lock itself was attacked.
    There is no evidence that a hole large enough was made in order for the policemen and doctors to step "through" into the room.

On these basis ( plural), it is totally logical to believe that only part of the door face was attacked with the axe, in order for someone to reach in and open the lock.

Which rather tends to rule out anyone believing on the off chance that any killer remained inside, on top of the Phillips evidence beforehand.

After the remains were removed, the door was "boarded up".
    This indicates the covering of said hole made by the axe.
    The broken window likewise, I believe.

It was noted that there were no footprints inside either, which also tells us that with the amount of blood on the floor,
    said killer was very careful where he stepped inside the room.
    Had we not known the window (s) was/were broken previously due to an argument, the smudge of blood could have been from the killer gaining entry that way himself. There is no evidence the smudge was fresh, is there??

Just observations.

Phil
    Hello Phil

I give in. You win. But it was worth considering, at least.

Best wishes
    C4

Comment

• Originally posted by curious4 View Post
      Why????
      Someone else was already in possession of the key possibly
      You can lead a horse to water.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Phil Carter View Post
        After the remains were removed, the door was "boarded up".
        This indicates the covering of said hole made by the axe.
        The broken window likewise, I believe.
        Hi Phil.
        Hope you are well.

Have you read somewhere that the door was boarded up?
        The Echo wrote:
        "The windows of the room where the crime was committed were then boarded up and a padlock put on the door."

It doesn't appear the door was too damaged.
        I suspect the axe was used as a lever to just pry the door open, not to smash a hole in it.
        Maybe that is why McCarthy choose to do it himself so as to minimize the damage?
        Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
          Hi Phil.
          Hope you are well.

Have you read somewhere that the door was boarded up?
          The Echo wrote:
          "The windows of the room where the crime was committed were then boarded up and a padlock put on the door."

It doesn't appear the door was too damaged.
          I suspect the axe was used as a lever to just pry the door open, not to smash a hole in it.
          Maybe that is why McCarthy choose to do it himself so as to minimize the damage?
          Possibly but as we're on newspaper reports the star state that the killer must have left via the window as the door was barricaded by the bedstead....
          If that's true why not go in via the window?

Comment

• Originally posted by packers stem View Post
            Identified? Would need facial reconstruction Wickerman. Why people are blind to this is beyond me.
            This is the same Barnett who told the press that Kelly had a small boy aged 6 or 7 living with her...
            He would recognise the body by the hair, it being her most distinctive feature. Oh, and perhaps the protruding teeth we are told she had.

I don't think it was Barnett who told about a child, I thought the source was not named.
            Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Thought it was a pick.

Apart from under the bed,was there much blood on the floor?
              My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

• Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
                He would recognise the body by the hair, it being her most distinctive feature. Oh, and perhaps the protruding teeth we are told she had.

I don't think it was Barnett who told about a child, I thought the source was not named.
                Was part of the statement he gave to the star along with the friend at elephant and Castle
                I'll never agree she could be identified by her 'bloodsoaked' hair and her eyes. Look at the photo,it's a nonsense to believe the ID as sound

Comment

• Hi Wickerman,

Star, 10th November 1888—

JOE BARNETT'S STATEMENT.

"Kelly had a little boy, aged about six or seven years, living with her."

Regards,

Simon
                  Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

• Originally posted by DJA View Post
                    Thought it was a pick.

Apart from under the bed,was there much blood on the floor?
                    Enough for Dew to slip and fall.

C4

Comment

• Hi DJA,

"The sight of a room thus stained will not easily fade from my memory. It was the scene of the last and most fiendish of the crimes known as the "Whitechapel murders" in London. Blood was on the furniture, blood was on the floor, blood was on the walls, blood was everywhere. Did this speak to me of life? Yes, but of life gone, of life destroyed, and, therefore, of that which is the very antithesis of life. Every blood-stain in that horrid room spoke of death."

Robert Anderson, 1893.

Regards,

Simon

Comment

• Originally posted by Simon Wood View Post
                        Hi Wickerman,

Star, 10th November 1888—

JOE BARNETT'S STATEMENT.

"Kelly had a little boy, aged about six or seven years, living with her."

Regards,

Simon
                        Thankyou Simon - interesting.

The Times of the same date does not associate the "child" story with Barnett, in fact that story is reported after Barnett's statement, among other unsourced stories.

"Another account gives the following details: Kelly had a little boy, aged about 6 or 7 years living with her, and latterly she had been in narrow straits, so much so that she is reported to have stated to a companion that she would make away with herself, as she could not bear to see her boy starving."

If they obtained the story from this "companion", it is odd that they didn't name him Barnett.
                        Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Originally posted by curious4 View Post
                          Enough for Dew to slip and fall.

C4
                          No mention of Dew being there.
                          My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

• Hi Wickerman,

It's also interesting that a doctor from the NSPCC attended Millers Court.

Regards,

Simon

Comment

• Hi DJA,

The jury's still out on Dew's presence in Millers Court.

Regards,

Simon

Comment

• Ah, I can see what has happened.

This is what we read in the Star, on the evening of the 10th.

"She used occasionally to go to the Elephant and Castle district to visit a friend who was in the same position of life as herself. Kelly had a little boy, aged about six or seven years, living with her."

They stole it from the Times of the same day, where we read:

"She used occasionally to go to the Elephant and Castle district to visit a friend who was in the same position as herself.

Another account gives the following details: Kelly had a little boy, aged about 6 or 7 years living with her,.."

You can see what the Star did, they removed "Another account gives the following details", from the daily story to republish in their evening edition.

So no, Barnett did not make that claim, what we have is another example of inaccurate reporting reporting by the Star.
                                Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Working...
                                X