No announcement yet.

To diagnose a serial killer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some people are found (in the US) unable to assist counsel. They receive treatment until they are able, at which point, they can proceed to trial.

A person with autism I know ended up institutionalized after attacking someone, and was unable to assist counsel because of her communication problems.

It happened because she was left alone in a public place by a staff person who wanted a smoke break, and had already be disciplined one for leaving a person alone. This time, the person got agitated, and when someone asked her if she needed help, she assaulted him. She probably would have gotten probation if she'd been able to assist counsel, but she ended up locked up for six months, and came out on meds that made her drool, and caused her to gain about 40 lbs. Staff person got fired, but had no legal consequences. I wanted to assault her myself.

Also, she was on essentially permanent probation. She could be locked up permanently if she ever assaulted someone again.

Not that I'm highly pissed off about this, or anything.

Comment

Originally posted by RivkahChaya View Post
      Some people are found (in the US) unable to assist counsel. They receive treatment until they are able, at which point, they can proceed to trial.

A person with autism I know ended up institutionalized after attacking someone, and was unable to assist counsel because of her communication problems.

It happened because she was left alone in a public place by a staff person who wanted a smoke break, and had already be disciplined one for leaving a person alone. This time, the person got agitated, and when someone asked her if she needed help, she assaulted him. She probably would have gotten probation if she'd been able to assist counsel, but she ended up locked up for six months, and came out on meds that made her drool, and caused her to gain about 40 lbs. Staff person got fired, but had no legal consequences. I wanted to assault her myself.

Also, she was on essentially permanent probation. She could be locked up permanently if she ever assaulted someone again.

Not that I'm highly pissed off about this, or anything.
      Very sad. The law is an ass sometimes - or rather some of the people who administrate it!

C4

Comment

Originally posted by curious4 View Post
        Got my elephant's child's head on today. Last question is the last, I promise :-)

Best wishes
        C4
        Why?

Doesn't bother me.
        G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
          Why?

Doesn't bother me.
          Hello GUT

Right, you asked for it lol! I'll keep 'em coming :-).

All good wishes
          C4

Comment

Originally posted by curious4 View Post
            Very sad. The law is an ass sometimes - or rather some of the people who administrate it!

C4
            I blame the staff person who took the unauthorized break more than the law and the people who did what they had to do. The autistic person was feeling abandoned and frightened, understandably, but the person who was assaulted was still assaulted.

Comment

PIERRE my primary misdiagnosis is HISTRIONIC but not solely because he may have eaten a human kidney either. ANANKASTIC would be in the vicinity of secondary. He's a neat freak who has sex with whores. I couldnt imagine he would have many antisocial issues if he was the type who could have sex with a prostitute in public.
              His crime scenes are deliberate and organized. He seems less in it for the blood splatter than the ritual of murder. His method is organized and practically procedural. He's stable enough mentally (even tho hes drunk) to NOT leave a line of footprints or a bloody pawprint on her person or the premise. If he wasnt highly dfficient, we'd have no mystery 130 years later. AND he doesnt have sex with any of the five women since schedule took precedence. If he has a form of OC disorder, i wouldnt imagine it was one displayed publically.

HOWEVER if the letters are true, this egotistic jackwad took thetime to name himself "Jack the Ripper". That sets a new level for douche baggery. That would mean he sat down with quill and ink and wrote crap like "Jake the Cutter, Dashing Dan the Disemboweler, The Ultimate Warrior... ". And even if he didnt write those letters, they dont stray from the words that you would expect him to say - pompous, grandiose, braggart.
              His murders are theatrical because they look staged. Even the grizzle tough residents of the brutal East End, accustomed to crime & debauchery, seem to let out a collective "WTF?" Seriously, how often do you hear news of death by strangulation? Or, in my belief, poison and strangulation? STILL there's some type of aztec ritual sacrifice on her abdomen about to follow. AND THEN he leaves the bodies to be found WITHIN mere minutes of his murder. And not found by just anybody; they re meant to be quickly discovered by the constables.
              I keep returning to the original profile that was said about him: shabby genteel. I wiki'd it because i had no friggin' clue what it meant. I chose to accept the version of William Thackery's story witten in 1&57 mostly because this was the Tom Brown generation. This was the generation raised on Dickens and were living in a phenomenal era of writers. They seem to be the type of generation who would reference literature commonly, much like when you solve a problem and some dunce has to say, "Good thinking, Sherlock". The description of the story's protagonist on Wikipedia is the impression that he gave those early witnesses.
              there,s nothing new, only the unexplored

Comment

G'day Robert

One small problem you have is that the evidence suggests there was no sex with prostitutes.
                G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

G'day Robert

One small problem you have is that the evidence suggests there was no sex with prostitutes.
                  He acknowledged that-- said Jack was on a schedule and avoided sex.

I think more of a problem is that someone else named him "Jack the Ripper".

(Ever consider that Jack the Ripper is merely a 19th century urban legend, comprised of human evil, violence, fear, blood, desire?)
                  Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
                  ---------------
                  Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
                  ---------------

Comment

Not on the nights that he committed the murders, no. But he's too charming with prostitutes not to have frequented them. He may over try with these prostitutes but hes not naiive with them either. Plus it could have been a perversion for him - sexing a prostitute knowing he murdered the night before. Or maybe just to learn the locations prior to the murder.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert St Devil View Post
                      Not on the nights that he committed the murders, no. But he's too charming with prostitutes not to have frequented them. He may over try with these prostitutes but hes not naiive with them either. Plus it could have been a perversion for him - sexing a prostitute knowing he murdered the night before. Or maybe just to learn the locations prior to the murder.
                      So this is your theory, you aren't claiming it as fact are you?
                      G U T

Comment

Originally posted by Pcdunn View Post
                        He acknowledged that-- said Jack was on a schedule and avoided sex.

I think more of a problem is that someone else named him "Jack the Ripper".

(Ever consider that Jack the Ripper is merely a 19th century urban legend, comprised of human evil, violence, fear, blood, desire?)
                        I obviously misunderstood when he wrote:

He's a neat freak who has sex with whores
                        Sorry.
                        G U T

Comment

Originally posted by Pcdunn View Post
                          Yes. And i have also considered:

The Marquis of Queensbury. Famous for lending his "royalness" to the sport of boxing. Frequented whores, syphilis, divorcing in 1&&7. Wondered it he attended Jack McCarthys fights.
                          Louis Vivet. Inspiration for Dr Jekyll/Mr Hyde written in 1&&6. Mother was a prostitute who beat him blabla.
                          A veteran of Zulu wars or Rorke's Drift. Because of the Assegui knife.
                          A veteran of an Asian conflict. Because of the ghurka knife.
                          Last edited by Robert St Devil; 10-05-2015, 07:42 PM.

Comment

So this is your theory, you aren't claiming it as fact are you?
                            Im claiming that if i want to catch a fish, im going to have to go down by the water.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert St Devil View Post
                              Im claiming that if i want to catch a fish, im going to have to go down by the water.
                              Gee that statement makes sense
                              G U T

Comment

Okay. No wit then.

He's can charm a prostitute because...?

Comment

Working...
                                X