Mary Kelly Mortuary Photograph

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mary Kelly Mortuary Photograph

I think the image below could be a photograph not of Catheine Eddowes but of Mary Kelly in the mortuary.

1) contemporary reports state that the body will be surgically reconstructed.

2) contemporary reports state that the body will be photographed in her coffin/shell.

3) look closely at the face and you will see skin grafting typical of surgical procedure when piecing together Mary's face.

4) there are no breasts visible in the picture. The accepted fact is that the killer removed her breasts with round cuts and left them on the bedside table.

5) You can see a poorly stitched wound in her chest area where the killer removed her heart.

I'm leaning towards the opinion that this is in fact the long sought after mortuary photograph of Mary Jane Kelly and not Catherine Eddowes after all. But this is just my two cents.

It might be Catherine Eddowes after all!

3) look closely at the face and you will see skin grafting typical of surgical procedure when piecing together Mary's face.
    You'll also see where the nose has been sewn back on (Eddowes).

The arms are those of a thin woman which Eddowes was and Kelly wasn't.

The wound looks like that of Eddowes and the face looks to be that of Eddowes.

In short, it's always been considered a photograph of Eddowes and, whilst I accept that long-held assumptions should not be immune to challenge, I see no reason to think otherwise at this late stage.
    I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

I doubt if they could possibly have made Kelly look like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
        I doubt if they could possibly have made Kelly look like that.
        I don't think anybody short of God would be capable of doing that. It's a picture of Eddowes.

c.d.

Comment

Eddowes was flat-chested. If it were Kelly, you'd see where the breasts were removed-- the wounds. But, her whole chest was pretty much skinned. This is Eddowes.

Comment

No way that's our poor Mary Jane it has to be Kate

Comment

Originally posted by Bridewell View Post
              You'll also see where the nose has been sewn back on (Eddowes).

The arms are those of a thin woman which Eddowes was and Kelly wasn't.

The wound looks like that of Eddowes and the face looks to be that of Eddowes.

In short, it's always been considered a photograph of Eddowes and, whilst I accept that long-held assumptions should not be immune to challenge, I see no reason to think otherwise at this late stage.
              To say Kelly wasn't thin is only taken from a witness statement. This to me has always conflicted with the thin arms and legs of the body of the woman claimed to be MJK. Either that witness statement was false, or the witness mistaken or finally the crime scene photo of a murdered woman in her bed is not in actual fact MJK.

Comment

Originally posted by EmaEm View Post

the crime scene photo of a murdered woman in her bed is not in actual fact MJK.
                I agree...
                You can lead a horse to water.....

Comment

Hello Colin,

Just a point.

If the body is covered in a sheet, as has been suggested before, or not, one thing is certain.

There is no evidence of areolae of either breast in covered shadow, nor in open sight in that photograph.

Eddowes had very prominent areolae surrounding the nipples, as seen in the other photographs at the mortuary.

Just a point.

I have previously said that I do not think this is a photo of Eddowes. However, I do not think it is Kelly either. Who..I have no idea. When the photo was taken in the dim and distant past? No idea.

I only note the length of hair behind her head. But that could mean nothing.

Phil
                  Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
                  Accountability? ....

Comment

Nose mutilated? [Check]

Damage in region of upper lip? [Check]

Inverted "V" shaped wound visible just under right eye? [Check]

Other facial abrasions and mutilations? [Check]

Lobe of ear detached? [Check... tentatively]

Deeply cut throat from left to right? [Check]

Wound starting at base of sternum? [Check]

Same wound continuing in zig-zag fashion down the abdomen, and shelving to the right? [Check]

... that's our Kate, no doubt about it.
                    Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

You can actually see the facial features of this woman, damaged though they are. With Mary the face was virtually obliterated. You can also see the deep V under the eye and there are no wounds on the chest area that MJK's photo showed. I agree with others that this photo shows Eddowes.

Comment

That's not MJK.

Comment

Working...
                        X