Did he have anatomical knowledge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hunter View Post
    Kate Eddowes' killer would not have contended with much blood until the renal artery was severed during extraction of the left kidney ( which can be totally done by feel because the kidney is more firm than any surrounding organs.)
    Very well put.

Now,if Kate had been strangled and dragged into the Square proper from behind the gate.....
    My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

• Originally posted by Hunter View Post
      Have you ever opened up a carcass with a knife, Trevor?
      Have you ever stabbed a human body in the abdomen several times with a long bladed knife and then drawn it up so as to see whether or not the abdomen will fill with blood?

Comment

• Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post
        Have you ever stabbed a human body in the abdomen several times with a long bladed knife and then drawn it up so as to see whether or not the abdomen will fill with blood?

www.trevormarriott.co.uk
        Why would you do such a thing?
        The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by Errata View Post
          Why would you do such a thing?
          I wouldn't I have no need to. I have proved my point many times over the past few years on this topic with both text and visual evidence to support it. But some have their own agenda thankfully they are in the minority.

Comment

• Polly

Hello Packer. Should that be Nichols and Chapman? Their cuts were described as skillful, Eddowes's were not.

Cheers.
            LC

Comment

• Trevor
              Proving your theory to yourself is no great challenge, when you prove it to others you can claim your laurels.
              Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
                Hello Packer. Should that be Nichols and Chapman? Their cuts were described as skillful, Eddowes's were not.
                None of the medicos described Nichols cuts as skillful and quite frankly, from the information we are left with, I'm at a loss to see how that could be determined as such. She was cut and maybe stabbed...that's it.

I fail to see the point from a evidentiary perspective.
                Best Wishes,
                Hunter

When evidence is not to be had, theories abound. Even the most plausible of them do not carry conviction- London Times Nov. 10.1888

Comment

• Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post
                  I wouldn't I have no need to. I have proved my point many times over the past few years on this topic with both text and visual evidence to support it. But some have their own agenda thankfully they are in the minority.

www.trevormarriott.co.uk
                  I assume you took her Bright's disease into account? Arterial constriction, hypertension, lots of problems affecting circulation and blood chemistry.

Which reminds me, her kidneys must have been about twice their normal size if her disease was apparent enough to be found without blood tests (she may have had them, but that would be unusual for her class). So it was quite a bit easier to find than the average kidney. And more defined, so getting them out might not have required AS much skill as removing a healthy kidney.

Maybe that's why he took it. It was never going to get easier. Maybe the anomaly intrigued him
                  The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

• Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Another Look at the Lusk Kidney
                    What, then, of the Bright's disease, which we are told infected both the Lusk Kidney and Eddowes= remaining right kidney? The condition of "Bright's disease " ...

This gives an account of what Kate probably suffered from. I don't think her kidneys were grossly enlarged.

Best wishes
                    C4

Comment

• Continued

Paragraphs 13 and 14
                      Last edited by curious4; 08-29-2015, 12:15 PM.

Comment

I assume you took her Bright's disease into account? Arterial constriction, hypertension, lots of problems affecting circulation and blood chemistry.

Which reminds me, her kidneys must have been about twice their normal size if her disease was apparent enough to be found without blood tests (she may have had them, but that would be unusual for her class). So it was quite a bit easier to find than the average kidney. And more defined, so getting them out might not have required AS much skill as removing a healthy kidney.

Maybe that's why he took it. It was never going to get easier. Maybe the anomaly intrigued him
                        On come on lets stay on the side of sensibilty !

Comment

• Short answer - no. Not only that but even an average doctor with a rudimentary knowledge of human anatomy (and that is what most doctors then and today have) would not be able to locate organs like the kidney in semi-darkness in about five minutes. You need considerable anatomical knowledge and ability. A very skilled butcher might be able to do it but would not have done it in the specific way that the Ripper did - through a midline incision by-passing the umbilicus to the right. Butchers don't and didn't do that.
                          Prosector

Comment

• Originally posted by Prosector View Post
                            A very skilled butcher might be able to do it but would not have done it in the specific way that the Ripper did - through a midline incision by-passing the umbilicus to the right. Butchers don't and didn't do that.
                            Prosector
                            Couldn't that be because most animals don't have human-like navels, so they don't need to?

Comment

Which reminds me, her kidneys must have been about twice their normal size if her disease was apparent enough to be found without blood tests (she may have had them, but that would be unusual for her class).
                              Her kidneys and adrenal glands had shrunk,rather than enlarged.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joshua Rogan View Post
                                Couldn't that be because most animals don't have human-like navels, so they don't need to?
                                Nope.

Comment

Working...
                                X