Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jack The Ripper A-Z For American Kindle Owners?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apparently, the fungus that gives old books their smell is a mild hallucinogenic related to magic mushrooms....or so I read, once....in an old book.

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
      I actually find it harder on my eyes.

My daughters neurologist says they are dangerous, not sure why, I have seen him snatch them out of kids hands and say to parents "We will talk about this later".
      I find my eyes get sore looking at any backlit screen after a couple of hours.
      The kindle I have is one of the earlier ones that came out before the backlit versions. I can read it all day without feeling any soreness.

I find kindles are useless when it comes to the pictures in a book though.
      These are not clues, Fred.
      It is not yarn leading us to the dark heart of this place.
      They are half-glimpsed imaginings, tangle of shadows.
      And you and I floundering at them in the ever vainer hope that we might corral them into meaning when we will not.
      We will not.

Comment

Update

The A - Z is now available on amazon's American site. Looks like it got added early last month. I'm not sure how the release got past me, I've been checking on it fairly often.

There it is for those of us who wanted an update of the book.
        Now I just need to save up and get the Sourcebook on my kindle!

Comment

Review of the updated A-Z in no. 148 of the Ripperologist:

"So, the A to Z has an entry for almost every person involved in the Ripper mystery; I say ‘almost’ because there may be some very peripheral individuals who don’t feature, such as the drunks and similar folk who had the misfortune to be picked up, questioned, and very quickly released. I hope the book is also as objective as possible. We spent a lot of time combing the book for personal opinion and getting rid of it, so that’s good."

But nobody seems to have consulted me on anything.

Comment

They're steering clear of you for fear of letting slip about the surprise tribute "Scott Nelson, A Man And His Music."

Oh no, now I've said it. Oh well....

Comment

Here is what Paul Begg wrote about the Kindle edition of A to Z in free Ripperologist 148, newly available in the United States. If you don't subscribe to Ripperologist, send an email to contact@ripperologist.biz and specify kindle or pdf.

Last edited by ChrisGeorge; 03-01-2016, 08:16 AM.
              Christopher T. George
              Organizer, RipperCon #JacktheRipper-#True Crime Conference
              just held in Baltimore, April 7-8, 2018.
              For information about RipperCon, go to http://rippercon.com/
              RipperCon 2018 talks can now be heard at http://www.casebook.org/podcast/

Comment

I bought the Kindle version last month.

Comment

I have that book ('bible') in an actual hardback copy. Because quite a lot of my Ripper books are on Kindle I find it quite hard actually, as my Kindle is on the iPad I use to post here. If I need a quote or to look up an incident I generally use Sugden or the A-Z in book form, but if it doesn't appear there it can be awkward. Back and forward, back and forward!

Comment

Working...
                  X