Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dane_F View Post
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...-new-book.html

No one is saying it won't be hard or a challenge or even saying that it will 100% happen. But your stance of "no way permission would be granted" is completely wrong. Permission has already been granted. Not only does this article say it but Prospector himself had said he has already received permission to exhume the remains, if he so chooses to go through with it.
    Leave it like that
    Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...-new-book.html

No one is saying it won't be hard or a challenge or even saying that it will 100% happen. But your stance of "no way permission would be granted" is completely wrong. Permission has already been granted. Not only does this article say it but Prospector himself had said he has already received permission to exhume the remains, if he so chooses to go through with it.
      I am sorry Dane, but the article actually says that the question needs "long and detailed consideration" and if two criteria are met then it will be considered.
      G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• Originally posted by GUT View Post
        I am sorry Dane, but the article actually says that the question needs "long and detailed consideration" and if two criteria are met then it will be considered.
        Gut,we've been here before havnt we.
        Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

• There is also Prospector's direct comment in post #22 here:

Where he says very directly that he has already gained permission but there are other issues with the exhumation.

Now if you want to believe someone is openly lying that's a completely different thing. Until it's proven he is lying however, I will believe that what he has said is true.

Comment

• The thing is Dane you've got to bear in mind that some of the people on here like me have been interested in this case for over 30,40 even 50 years and we have been witness to some major scams that is why we are sceptical. like I said before it will come to be that this can only be proved if Mary is dug up and the authorities will not let this happen so the author can stand there and blame the authorities for stopping his case from been proven....welcome to shovelgate.
            Last edited by pinkmoon; 08-04-2015, 02:30 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinkmoon View Post
              The thing is Dane you've got to bear in mind that some of the people on here like me have been interested in this case for over 30,40 even 50 years and we have been witness to some major scams that is why we are sceptical. like I said before it will come to be that this can only be proved if Mary is dug up and the authorities will not let this to happen so the author can stand there and blame the authorities for stopping his case from been proven....welcome to shovelgate.
              There's nothing wrong with being skeptical. How people have treated Prosector I feel has gone well beyond that however.

I personally have no idea how all of this will play out but when someone definitively makes a statement such as they have gained permission baring certain criteria being met I am inclined to believe he is not directly lying to my face.

It very well could be that an exhumation will never take place, but that is completely different than permission being granted.

Comment

There's nothing wrong with being skeptical. How people have treated Prospector I feel has gone well beyond that however.

I personally have no idea how all of this will play out but when someone definitively makes a statement such as they have gained permission baring certain criteria being met I am inclined to believe he is not directly lying to my face.

It very well could be that an exhumation will never take place, but that is completely different than permission being granted.
                Dane ,what should happen is that Mary Kelly should be dug up first conclusive d.n.a evidence obtained and then the book comes out instead we have a book coming out first without the evidence in my opinion no evidence then there should be no book.

Comment

Dane ,what should happen is that Mary Kelly should be dug up first conclusive d.n.a evidence obtained and then the book comes out instead we have a book coming out first without the evidence in my opinion no evidence then there should be no book.
                  At what expense? Who would pay for it and for the DNA testing? While in an ideal world that would be the proper order of things I understand the author not being able to finance such a project. When you combine that with the difficulty of possibly even finding the body I don't see how it is beyond the realm of expectation to allow the book to be released first and depending on if conclusive evidence is found to rule her out or not then exhuming the body.

No evidence then no book? Then we would certainly not have nearly any books on JTR at all. There have been entire documentaries made with less evidence presented, heck some even saying case closed. He is presenting a theory and has never indicated otherwise. It is only with extreme cynicism that people are not even willing to listen to his theory. To compare him to Patrica or The Shawl is very disingenuous. It's not even as if he is trying to milk the ripper community, the kindle edition is all of 5 pounds.

Comment

• for what it is worth(and i am only a novice in Ripper terms) i have to agree with Pink Moon,regarding get permission for the exhumation do the DNA,then bring out the book.
                    All fascinating though

Comment

Pinkmoon, you astound me! On a different thread, you vigorously and enthusiastically defended the proposed book and the theory of Dale, who insists that Vincent Van Gogh was JtR, when it is quite clear he was not even in the country at the time of the murders, and now you are screaming for 'evidence or no book'?

Comment

• There is evidence to support the premise that Elizabeth Davies and MJK were the same person. There is, as yet, no proof.

There is a clear distinction between the two.

Comment

Prospector
                          Hi Ho Hi Ho,it's off the work we go....

Couldn't help myself. Sorry
                          My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

• Originally posted by Limehouse View Post
                            Pinkmoon, you astound me! On a different thread, you vigorously and enthusiastically defended the proposed book and the theory of Dale, who insists that Vincent Van Gogh was JtR, when it is quite clear he was not even in the country at the time of the murders, and now you are screaming for 'evidence or no book'?
                            Oh you know I wasn't been serious
                            Last edited by pinkmoon; 08-05-2015, 02:28 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Limehouse View Post
                              Oh you know I was only joking about van Gogh some theories are so barmy you've just got to play along.As for this new theory I will stick to my guns evidence first then sell book No evidence then I sorry there should be no book.

Comment

At what expense? Who would pay for it and for the DNA testing? While in an ideal world that would be the proper order of things I understand the author not being able to finance such a project. When you combine that with the difficulty of possibly even finding the body I don't see how it is beyond the realm of expectation to allow the book to be released first and depending on if conclusive evidence is found to rule her out or not then exhuming the body.

No evidence then no book? Then we would certainly not have nearly any books on JTR at all. There have been entire documentaries made with less evidence presented, heck some even saying case closed. He is presenting a theory and has never indicated otherwise. It is only with extreme cynicism that people are not even willing to listen to his theory. To compare him to Patrica or The Shawl is very disingenuous. It's not even as if he is trying to milk the ripper community, the kindle edition is all of 5 pounds.
                                I stand by what I say evidence first and then book at the end of the day it's a family story it needs evidence to back it up .

Comment

Working...
                                X