A strange tale.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A strange tale.

For some time I have been communicatng with someone over family history.

They now claim to have some material relevant to JtR.
    G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Here’s the back story

I was introduced to JtR by my great uncle [who dad had lived with from a young age as Grandma dies when dad was about 7] he was insistent that a Clergyman from Dorset knew who Jack was.

Now you may need a bit of a short hand family Tree:

W was a clergy man from Dorset [my 3x great grandfather]

One of his sons [CF] came to Australia, about 1840 another {WH} was also a clergyman in Dorset.

CF’s son WV stayed in touch with his Cousins [including more clergymen in Dorset]and Uncle in Dorset, family members have copies of some letters and we know they would send out items not readily available here.

WV had a stack of kids [as they all did] including my Grandfather [N] and Great Uncle [V] who also stayed in contact with family back in Dorset, I know one relative in Dorset to this day [yep another clergyman] has some letters from by Grandad and Great Uncle to his Grandad.
    G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Interesting, Gut!
      Will you be able to look at the letters?
      Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
      ---------------
      Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
      ---------------

Comment

Originally posted by Pcdunn View Post
        Interesting, Gut!
        Will you be able to look at the letters?
        I have already seen one between my family and his but nothing on the JtR angle. I am preparing to post more of the back story. Much rings true, some well??? Lets just say I have questions, the biggest question is I think he is after $$$$.
        G U T

Comment

Quite interesting. The Australian angle reminds me a little of the father of GWB.

Comment

This is very interesting. Did WH, who was a clergyman in Dorset, have a parish near Wimborne, Gut?

Comment

Originally posted by Rosella View Post
              This is very interesting. Did WH, who was a clergyman in Dorset, have a parish near Wimborne, Gut?
              I don't know if I have all the Parishes, but certainly at one point all of 7 miles.
              G U T

Comment

Or is this it.

When CF arrived in Australia he lived on the site of Kings School [or so family oral history says]. As a slight aside CF ran a number of Private schools in Australia as well as working in government departments at various times.

Now in about 1845 Thomas Druitt arrives in Australia and for at least some period was employed at Kings School, at times as acting Head of the school, he also baptised at least some of CF’s children.

But Thomas was dead before ‘88.
                G U T

Comment

Or is this it.

When CF arrived in Australia he lived on the site of Kings School [or so family oral history says]. As a slight aside CF ran a number of Private schools in Australia as well as working in government departments at various times.

Now in about 1845 Thomas Druitt arrives in Australia and for at least some period was employed at Kings School, at times as acting Head of the school, he also baptised at least some of CF’s children.

But Thomas was dead before ‘88.
                  G U T

Comment

Working...
                  X