Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MrBarnett View Post
    From the horse's mouth:

'Our signage isn't finished yet...we're still working on that...it's still with the planners.
    The actual full name of the Museum is The Jack The Ripper Museum and The History of Women in East London.'

[ATTACH]16937[/ATTACH]
    Furious back-pedalling

Comment

• It gets worse:
      Attached Files

Comment

• I see nothing that links this to RE to be fair. The adverts posted outside lend no credence to the Kosminski theory and I dont believe for a minute that RE would allow that to happen. This is a seperate enterprise.

Comment

• Originally posted by Silverpaw View Post
          It gets worse:
          Disgusting

Comment

• That's the worst name ever for a museum. Especially one that is supposed to be focused on women of Whitechapel. . .

"Hey Ive got an idea! Let's honor the women of Whitechapel by creating a museum focusing on a person who horribly mutilated and killed women of Whitechapel!"

Comment

• Originally posted by MrBarnett View Post
              Isn't 'tea bag' also an American term for a Brit? I recall an episode of Miami Vice where Phil Collins played a Brit crook of some kind. He was referred to as a 'tea bag'.
              That's a new one (though I think I can guess at its other meaning)!

The only terms for Brits I've heard are "Limey" and "Redcoat" (aka "Lobsterback" in historical dramas), while Irish-Americans can be called "Mick" or "Paddy".

Jewish-Americans and Mexican-Americans used to garner lots of derogatory names, as did immigrants of other nationalities. I think African-Americans usually got the worst of it, however.
              Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
              ---------------
              Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
              ---------------

Comment

• Really???

25 shades of wrong.
                From Voltaire writing in Diderot's Encyclopédie:
                "One demands of modern historians more details, better ascertained facts, precise dates, , more attention to customs, laws, commerce, agriculture, population."

Comment

• May be of interest to those who still think Edwards involved, he criticises the museum here:

Comment

• Originally posted by Dane_F View Post
                    That's the worst name ever for a museum. Especially one that is supposed to be focused on women of Whitechapel. . .

"Hey Ive got an idea! Let's honor the women of Whitechapel by creating a museum focusing on a person who horribly mutilated and killed women of Whitechapel!"
                    This post pretty well sums up the whole sad and infuriating situation.

Will the museum have its funding pulled for not living up to its original proposal, do you think?
                    Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
                    ---------------
                    Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
                    ---------------

Comment

• Is the museum funded by anybody other than the owner?

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert View Post
                        Is the museum funded by anybody other than the owner?
                        Good question

Comment

• It wasn't Mark who messaged me.

Honestly, he is a really good man. He looked after me in Teesside - but he has haters and a certain person we both know used my usual password. Never use your childrens names.

I think he has funded this to help a friend - but I do know he has resigned from the whole arguement v

Comment

• Edwards is critical of the museum as it glorifies a serial killer who butchered women?

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't he open that shop on Toynbee Street that was selling Jack the Ripper lip balm?

Comment

• Not to mention the JTR tours that he conducted for tourists.

Comment

• I am fine with people being interested in and using their knowledge to educate others and make money off off JTR. At all of our cores there is something interesting to us about the case, which is why we are all here.

There is, however, a very distinct line between that and claiming you are creating a museum to honor women of a certain region and naming the museum after someone who brutally murdered them. That is below scum level.

Comment

Working...
                                X