Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jack The Ripper A-Z For American Kindle Owners?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jack The Ripper A-Z For American Kindle Owners?

Hello everyone.

I have a print copy of an older edition of the A-Z and would really like to update it with a kindle version.

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be available to U.S. customers.

I've seen it listed on the U.K. site, but it won't let me download it.

Does anyome know if amazon will be offering it here in the near future?

I think Paul Begg posts here, and I'm sure he will know about any plans.

Thank you.

Hi Sam. I've brought this up to Paul before. I got the impression he wasn't aware that it's not available in Kindle to Americans. Perhaps his publishers are bucking the trend of their industry and don't care for our Yankee Dollars.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Sam, have you tried the "I want to read this book on Kindle" button on the American Amazon's listing for the print copy of the book? It does allow the publisher to know there is interest in getting it released as an e-book.
      Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
      ---------------
      Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
      ---------------

Comment

Thank you for the responses.

It's disappointing that the publisher isn't making this available right now, but they will probably come aroun.

I'll buy it as soon as it is available.

Thanks for the suggestion of the "I'd like to read this on kindle" button.
        I didn't even know they had that.

I went over there and did that.

Comment

One of the few books I may want on kindle.
          G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
            One of the few books I may want on kindle.
            I think I may have been the last holdout to ebooks. I finally got a kindle about 2 weeks ago. I wish I had gotten one sooner.

It is so much easier on my eyes. Instead of using my reading glasses, I just adjust the font size.

Now I want everything on kindle.

Comment

Overall I much prefer Kindle because books are cheaper and they don't take up any space in my office. It is also nice to be able to travel anywhere with an entire collection of books.

One thing I miss about real books is that I have a hard time navigating through Kindle editions if I just want to find a specific detail, etc. I know there is a bookmark feature but if you don't bookmark something when you first read it, finding it again is sometimes challenging.

Comment

Originally posted by I Am Sam View Post
                I think I may have been the last holdout to ebooks. I finally got a kindle about 2 weeks ago. I wish I had gotten one sooner.

It is so much easier on my eyes. Instead of using my reading glasses, I just adjust the font size.

I actually find it harder on my eyes.

My daughters neurologist says they are dangerous, not sure why, I have seen him snatch them out of kids hands and say to parents "We will talk about this later".
                G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnaby View Post
                  Overall I much prefer Kindle because books are cheaper and they don't take up any space in my office. It is also nice to be able to travel anywhere with an entire collection of books.

One thing I miss about real books is that I have a hard time navigating through Kindle editions if I just want to find a specific detail, etc. I know there is a bookmark feature but if you don't bookmark something when you first read it, finding it again is sometimes challenging.
                  I have a similar issue, I am likely to recall that what I am looking for us 2/3 rds of the way into the book, right hand side page half wat down the page following 4 short paragraphs and can find it pretty quick, in Kindle that is all useless.
                  G U T

Comment

Luddite

Originally posted by I Am Sam View Post

No darlin, I'm the last holdout. I want to feel the book in my hands. Sad, ain't it?
                    From Voltaire writing in Diderot's Encyclopédie:
                    "One demands of modern historians more details, better ascertained facts, precise dates, , more attention to customs, laws, commerce, agriculture, population."

Comment

Originally posted by Rosemary View Post
                      No darlin, I'm the last holdout. I want to feel the book in my hands. Sad, ain't it?
                      Not sad at all. I also love the smell.
                      G U T

Comment

I care about reading more than what I read, so I enjoy both books and e-books. Read an article about a study among college students which showed a majority said they liked e-books for some subjects, but print books for others, like history and literature. They also mentioned liking being able to flip backward in paged book, which is harder in an e-book.
                        Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
                        ---------------
                        Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
                        ---------------

Comment

I agree with that. Many a time I've remembered an incident or a quote and quickly looked it up in one of my books. I do have a lot of e-books too, but the main reason for those is that I'm running out of space in my home. Bookcases are in every room except the bathroom and toilet! Biographies and true life crime e-books sometimes don't have indexes at all, and that's their real disadvantage for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosella View Post
                            I agree with that. Many a time I've remembered an incident or a quote and quickly looked it up in one of my books. I do have a lot of e-books too, but the main reason for those is that I'm running out of space in my home. Bookcases are in every room except the bathroom and toilet! Biographies and true life crime e-books sometimes don't have indexes at all, and that's their real disadvantage for me.
                            Why not that two too.
                            G U T

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
                              Not sad at all. I also love the smell.
                              And the older the book, the richer the smell.

Comment

Working...
                              X