Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [ATTACH]16935[/ATTACH]

Comment

• Isn't 'tea bag' also an American term for a Brit? I recall an episode of Miami Vice where Phil Collins played a Brit crook of some kind. He was referred to as a 'tea bag'.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dane_F View Post
        Crackers for southerners? I've never heard that term used for them. Crackers was always a derogatory term for white people (you're as white as a cracker).

The term I've always heard for southerners was usually Rednecks and sometimes Hicks. Of course when you get to my area, Louisiana, people will usually call us Cajuns. But to us it's a source of pride.
        Rednecks, Hicks, Hillbilly’s.. yeah those are terms as well, but they tend to apply to anyone who leads a "southern lifestyle" ya know, the beer guzzling, NASCAR watching confederate flag waving stereotypes hahah (making light of it but tis true.. even in NY I see people with confederate flags on their cars or homes....they can't use the "historical heritage" excuse either as they are IN THE NORTH!!) those are the folks I hear referred to as "rednecks" and the like... Cracker was also a term used against Caucasian people for a time...but it isalso a term for southerner, but hardly used anymore...we sure do have a lot of ways to insult each other in this country.. kind of sad really... and so much for no reason.... I remember being in a southern state once (which I will not mention as I don't want to offend anyone who may live there) but because I have curly hair, and a somewhat big nose and I am from new York I had many (seriously quite a few) people being quite nasty to me and calling me names like NY Jew and damn Jew Bastard and Christ killin Jew etc.... and I'm not even Jewish!!!! there is way too much hate in the United States against ourselves....and others as well....I wish it wasn't like that... but this is the country we have become....

But hey... at least I'm not Australian hahahaha ( Just kidding GUT.... maybe I should say at least I'm not from Brisbane.... my poor poor Lions)

Steadmund Brand
        "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Comment

• Originally posted by MrBarnett View Post
          Isn't 'tea bag' also an American term for a Brit? I recall an episode of Miami Vice where Phil Collins played a Brit crook of some kind. He was referred to as a 'tea bag'.
          Well "Tea Bag" is quite a different term in the United States now!!!!!

Steadmund Brand
          "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Comment

• Do tell, Steadmund or is it too non-PC to share.

Perhaps the reference to Phil Collins' character had nothing to do with his nationality.

Perhaps it was about his species?

Comment

Isn't 'tea bag' also an American term for a Brit? I recall an episode of Miami Vice where Phil Collins played a Brit crook of some kind. He was referred to as a 'tea bag'.
              Haha. No. Tea Bag has a very different meaning in the States. The term is used but it is not toward a specific group of people. In this instance I think Urbandictionary is your friend. It's a pretty crude one.

Comment

Do tell, Steadmund or is it too non-PC to share.

Perhaps the reference to Phil Collins' character had nothing to do with his nationality.

Perhaps it was about his species?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wHjieD6CTYs
                Well it's not very PC.. and it doesn't refer to a nationality...but an act performed...best to leave it at that.. and no.. I do not recommend looking it up on line.. to quote Maurice Evans as Dr. Ziaus "don't go looking for it.. you may not like what you find"

Steadmund Brand

Comment

• Stead mind

If you were from Brisbane I would be bound by my oath (being from NSW) to call you a Banana Bender (Qld growing many bananas) or a Cane Toad (being a pest introduced to deal with some other pest in Sugar Cane another big crop in Qld).

You would in all likely call me a Cockaroach (term that seems to have been invented as an insult in State of Origin Rugby League).

We would both call New Zealand's a term to do with sheep.

Jonathan H would be a Crow Eater being from South Aus.

We're a ral friendly bunch down under.
                  G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dane_F View Post
                    Haha. No. Tea Bag has a very different meaning in the States. The term is used but it is not toward a specific group of people. In this instance I think Urbandictionary is your friend. It's a pretty crude one.
                    But some might say fun one.
                    G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• I knew Mark, we were at Poly together. Though he prefers to call it Uni.

He was a lovely man so I am surprised he has ventured into this arena.

His parents are/were wealthy. I suppose this another way of making money for him?

And HE DID NOT set up the LGBT society at poly!

Comment

• I am rather dumbfounded that they got this permitted as a "women's museum" and then turned it into a museum celebrating a man who murdered women. I am ... just amazed.

Let all Oz be agreed;
                        I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ally View Post
                          I am rather dumbfounded that they got this permitted as a "women's museum" and then turned it into a museum celebrating a man who murdered women. I am ... just amazed.
                          Pretty strange if you ask me.
                          G U T

Comment

• Originally posted by GUT View Post
                            Pretty strange if you ask me.
                            But perhaps once approved as a museum it doesn't matter about what.
                            G U T

Comment

• I have emailed him. He has responded saying he will ring me tomorrow.

Fingers crossed he hasn't turned into an absolute t**t

Comment

• Originally posted by Bridie O'Reilly View Post
                                I have emailed him. He has responded saying he will ring me tomorrow.

Fingers crossed he hasn't turned into an absolute t**t
                                If he's in business with Edwards he may well have.
                                G U T

Comment

Working...
                                X