New Book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pcdunn View Post
    This interested me, as I'm an American acquistions librarian for a community college. We use a supplier, but can choose our titles from lists. As far as getting British books, often we wait for an edition to come out in the U.S.
    Are JTR books published in the USA not generally also published in the U.K.? Just curious.
    Pat D.
    Pc,
    Many of the JTR books published in the UK will never make an appearance on USA book suppliers lists.

The only suggestion I can make is that you regularly check Amazon UK to identify any recent and forthcoming JTR titles.
    You can then order these titles from your American suppliers.

Some library suppliers will tell you that it it is difficult to sources books from the UK, this is simply not true.

It may be a bit more work for the, but it is easily done.

Good luck!

Comment

Mmmm....

Hi Jonathon,

Looks like a good read.

However, you're guaranteed to get an award for most expensive paperback!

Good luck,
      Amanda

Comment

Problems Getting This Book

Jonathan, re your forthcoming book, I notice that the publisher is American.
        As an ex-librarian it was always a matter of frustration to me just how difficult it was to get American imprints via our regular non-fiction library supplier.

All British library authorities will be tied into a deal with a company that will supply them with non-fiction titles. Approx' 70-80% of the NF titles supplied will be chosen by the company, not the library authority.

I suggest you contact your publisher to ensure that they push/publicise the book to all British library authorities and all the major library book suppliers.

It would be a pity if this book was "missed" by public libraries.

I hope this helps.

I posted the above a few months ago re "Jack the Ripper - Case Solved 1891" by JJ Hainsworth.

The Amazon price of £23.46 is a bit outwith my budget, so I ordered the book from my local library. I got a reply back that there supplier "could not source" the book.

Has anyone managed to get this book from their local library?

I did anticipate problems in getting this book on to the shelves of UK libraries, but it is disappointing nevertheless.

Comment

Originally posted by barnflatwyngarde View Post
          Jonathan, re your forthcoming book, I notice that the publisher is American.
          As an ex-librarian it was always a matter of frustration to me just how difficult it was to get American imprints via our regular non-fiction library supplier.

All British library authorities will be tied into a deal with a company that will supply them with non-fiction titles. Approx' 70-80% of the NF titles supplied will be chosen by the company, not the library authority.

I suggest you contact your publisher to ensure that they push/publicise the book to all British library authorities and all the major library book suppliers.

It would be a pity if this book was "missed" by public libraries.

I hope this helps.

I posted the above a few months ago re "Jack the Ripper - Case Solved 1891" by JJ Hainsworth.

The Amazon price of £23.46 is a bit outwith my budget, so I ordered the book from my local library. I got a reply back that there supplier "could not source" the book.

Has anyone managed to get this book from their local library?

I did anticipate problems in getting this book on to the shelves of UK libraries, but it is disappointing nevertheless.

Pretty sure the problem s that publication was delayed after Jonathon found some new info at the last minute and it was so good it just HAD to be incorporated.
          G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
            Pretty sure the problem s that publication was delayed after Jonathon found some new info at the last minute and it was so good it just HAD to be incorporated.
            Thanks for this Gut!

Amazon is still showing the date of publication as 30th March 2015.

New information, eh.
            Sounds interesting!

Comment

Originally posted by barnflatwyngarde View Post
              Thanks for this Gut!

Amazon is still showing the date of publication as 30th March 2015.

New information, eh.
              Sounds interesting!
              Pretty sure he posted somewhere here about it, seems to do with Montie's family and their belief he was Jacky Boy, if memory serves. [But that may be wrong]
              G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

It was due out in March it's publication has been delayed j.j hainsworth the author has a Facebook page.
                Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

Just trolling through Jonathan's posts over the last month or so and can't find it but I seem to recall he thought about October now, but not 100% sure on that.
                  G U T

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
                    Just trolling through Jonathan's posts over the last month or so and can't find it but I seem to recall he thought about October now, but not 100% sure on that.
                    I do hope we are not going to be disappointed again it just seems a bit to good to be true
                    Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

still the end of August mate?
                      G U T

Comment

No, October.

Sorry, but I have no control over the timing and did not know that vendors, like Amazon, will put up a date that is, to some extent, provisional and guess-work on their part --sometimes quite accurate.

Probably it would have come out earlier this year if I had not asked, mid-last year, to take it back and rewrite it to include new and we think indispensable sources only found after the original manuscript had been sent.

I would never have put up the March 2015 date had I realized that by this action I had myself staggered the release, but nobody informed me this would be the inevitable consequence.

At the moment on Amazon.uk my book supposedly goes for 999 pounds. We have tried, in vain, to have this ludicrous error changed.

By all means, if anybody who has pre-paid/ordered (I have not seen a cent) does not want to wait any longer then by of course cancel it and get your money back.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonathan H View Post
                          No, October.

Sorry, but I have no control over the timing and did not know that vendors, like Amazon, will put up a date that is, to some extent, provisional and guess-work on their part --sometimes quite accurate.

Probably it would have come out earlier this year if I had not asked, mid-last year, to take it back and rewrite it to include new and we think indispensable sources only found after the original manuscript had been sent.

I would never have put up the March 2015 date had I realized that by this action I had myself staggered the release, but nobody informed me this would be the inevitable consequence.

At the moment on Amazon.uk my book supposedly goes for 999 pounds. We have tried, in vain, to have this ludicrous error changed.

By all means, if anybody who has pre-paid/ordered (I have not seen a cent) does not want to wait any longer then by of course cancel it and get your money back.

Thanks Jonathan. I thought you had said October, and then I saw it as August on Amazon. Any idea when in Oct. I am having some time away and would love to have it to read while we are away.
                          G U T

Comment

Will it be on kindle?

Comment

Sorry, don't know, but will keep you posted -- and yes it will be on Kindle.

Comment

Hi Jonathan,

Good luck with this book. I'll be sure to give this a read as it will potentially challenge my interpretation of Druitt as a suspect.

It's a shame that Dan Farson isn't around now to see his suspect of choice being re-evaluated, as well as the new evidence.

Comment

Working...
                                X