Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Robert View Post
    Hi Julie

You do? I can see you're going to be a tough nut to crack.

OK then, how about this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rt7SPm7N6D8

Love it! And funnily enough, I was playing it earlier today!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sherlock Houses View Post
      A powerful and memorable instrumental that "Theme from Exodus".

The charts of 1961 were full of great music. The Beatles were to make their first appearance in the charts the following year in October, the very month of the so called "Cuban Missile Crisis".

Back to the summer 0f '61 and this memorable instrumental from The Shadows was still in the top 30 at the time of the A6 murder.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXq-wHxdvzs
      I'm not a huge Shadows fan, but I do like that one - and Wonderful Land.

Comment

• Not sure about the year of this one but it's another tune I remember being played a lot on 'Housewives' Choice' and my mum and I used to enjoy it. I am a real classical music fan so this really hits the spot for me:

I first uploaded this piece of music several years ago however I don't think the images I put up with it back then did it justice so for that reason alone ...

Comment

• Elizabethan Serenade. Very nice.

OK, you force me to do this. Not strictly an instrumental, but...

Comment

Elizabethan Serenade. Very nice.

OK, you force me to do this. Not strictly an instrumental, but...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x30Cydo4Zlg
            t will not open for me.

What song is it?
            G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• Hi GUT

It's The 'Oliver' Twist, by Bob Miller and the Millermen.

Comment

Hi GUT

It's The 'Oliver' Twist, by Bob Miller and the Millermen.
                Thank you
                G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• Now folks, this 1961 instrumental chart entry is BAD:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

• There must be a problem with my you tube, I'll have to check it when I'm on a real 'puter
                    G U T

Comment

• This is WORSE :

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

It certainly is! And people think 'Britain's Got Talent' is bad!!

Comment

• The truly wonderful Ray Charles. This was released just as James Hanratty was losing his life in April 1962.

"You Don't Know Me" written by Cindy Walker and Eddy Arnold in 1955 was recorded by Ray Charles for his wonderful LP, Modern Sounds in Country and Western Mu...

Comment

• Originally posted by Limehouse View Post
                            The truly wonderful Ray Charles. This was released just as James Hanratty was losing his life in April 1962.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRULqLhxKBU
                            The late Great Mister Ray Charles.
                            G U T

Comment

• That particular single by Ray Charles was taken from his ground-breaking album "Modern Sounds in Country and Western Music". The album was released in the U.s.a in the April of 1962 but the single was not released there until 3 months later. In the UK the album and single were not released until July 1962 and the hit single "You don't know me" didn't enter the UK charts until the second week of September 1962.
                              "A body of men, HOLDING THEMSELVES ACCOUNTABLE TO NOBODY, ought not to be trusted by anybody." --Thomas Paine ["Rights of Man"]

"Justice is an ideal which transcends the expedience of the State, or the sensitivities of Government officials, or private individuals. IT HAS TO BE PURSUED WHATEVER THE COST IN PEACE OF MIND TO THOSE CONCERNED." --'Justice of the Peace' [July 12th 1975]

Comment

• Goodbye Cilla

The Year we got married, great memories. RIP. Cilla. I bet Saint Pete said that at the pearly gates "Step inside chuck"

Comment

Working...
                                X