No announcement yet.

Mary Jane Kelly finally named ..?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And Jonathon has the cheek to complain about lack of interest..

Comment

Originally posted by Debra A View Post
      Just for interest-there were 15 Catholic baptisms in Dublin between 1855 and 1869 where the child was baptised with the full name 'Mary Jane Kelly'

One of those girls, born and baptised in 1855, had an address of 15 Dorset St and a father named John Kelly.
      A couple of years back someone posted on casebook a letter sent to a newspaper after Eddowes murder that suggested Eddowes pawn ticket for Jane Kelly of 6 Dorset St was actually 6 Dorset St., Dublin. I checked the 1891 census for both 6 Upper and 6 Lower Dorset St., Dublin and there were Kellys living at both addresses!
      According to the AA Route Finder there are 41 Dorset Streets in GB.
      I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

Originally posted by Bridewell View Post
        According to the AA Route Finder there are 41 Dorset Streets in GB.
        How many within a few hundred miles of London?

Any in the hop picking route?
        G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

message deleted
          Last edited by Debra A; 07-02-2015, 10:48 PM.

Comment

Here's a Catholic baptism record in Latin for a child of Peter Dyer and Mary Jane (formerly Malone),Andrew Francis Dyer born and baptised in 1889. This child died in 1890 so does not appear in the 1891 census entry at 8 Barlow Street.

Baptism: 24 Mar 1889 St Joseph, Ancoats, Lancs.
            Andreas Franciscus Dyer - filius Petri Dyer & Maria Johanna (formerly Malone)
            Born: 5 Feb 1889
            God Parents: Robertus Dyer; Ellena Maria Dyer
            Baptised by: Thos. Byrne
            Register: Baptisms 1883 - 1903, Page 176
            Source: Original Register at LRO Preston

Transcription by Lancashire Online Parish Clerks:
            OPC, Online Parish Clerk, family history, local history, free data, parish registers, census, Lancashire, Manchester

Comment

Shouldn't it be Mariae Johannae?

Comment

The important thing is that the record included the maiden name of Malone for the mother, Mary Jane, and the father was Peter Dyer.

Comment

Of course, if Mary Kelly wasn't even her real name, then the whole thing's a wild goose chase.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry D View Post
                    Of course, if Mary Kelly wasn't even her real name, then the whole thing's a wild goose chase.
                    There has to be a starting point and the premise that she was called Mary Jane Kelly is what the author of 'Ripped', the subject of this thread, chose to start with in her research.

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
                      Any in the hop picking route?
                      Sevenoaks looks the best bet for that.
                      I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

Originally posted by Bridewell View Post
                        Sevenoaks looks the best bet for that.
                        Thank you.
                        G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if Mary changed her last name, told her parents that she had married a Kelly so their mail would reach her, and chose one of the most common Irish surnames as a cover.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosella View Post
                            I wouldn't be surprised if Mary changed her last name, told her parents that she had married a Kelly so their mail would reach her, and chose one of the most common Irish surnames as a cover.
                            Well it is a possibility, but be hard to prove.
                            G U T

Comment

Working...
                            X