Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by John G View Post
    Hi Abby,

I agree with most of these points. I don't think Pipeman or Eagle killed Stride. I don't think Eagle was BS man. I don't think Kidney killed Stride. And I doubt there was a club conspiracy. However, I think Schwartz either lied or, like Spooner, his timing were seriously wrong and that he witnessed the incident much earlier. I think Stride was killed by PC Smith's suspect and possibly interrupted by Eagle or Lave.

You mention the killer probably wearing a peaked cap. PC Smith's suspect was wearing a deerstalker, don't they sometimes have a peak?
    yes fore and aft, and either can be buttoned up(or folded under), if its that type.
    And yes I think PC smiths man was probably BS man.

There is no evidence Schwartz lied and his timing involves a series of events which include him skidaddling off to his new home and wifey. So I don't think he could have been too off on his times.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post

Hi DJA
      and at least 5 witnesses describe a man wearing a peaked cap, including Schwartz's man, and the eddowes witness. My money is on the ripper wearing a peaked cap that night.
      Weren't deerstalker hats the fashion at the time?

Comment

• [QUOTE=Abby Normal;341709]
        Originally posted by DJA View Post

Hi DJA
        and at least 5 witnesses describe a man wearing a peaked cap, including Schwartz's man, and the eddowes witness. My money is on the ripper wearing a peaked cap that night.
        A peaked hat implies a European wearer.

My money is on a Pom.

Who's the bookie around here?
        My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

yes fore and aft, and either can be buttoned up(or folded under), if its that type.
          And yes I think PC smiths man was probably BS man.

There is no evidence Schwartz lied and his timing involves a series of events which include him skidaddling off to his new home and wifey. So I don't think he could have been too off on his times.
          Hi Abby,

Of course, Schwartz doesn't mention the parcel wrapped in newspaper. I think Smith saw Stride and the suspect around 12:45 and that Mortimer was then at her door from that time until about 12:54. If that's correct, then Schwartz's sighting must have been in the 4 minute window from when Mortimer went inside until Diemshutz's arrival. And that leaves very little time for the suspect to get rid of the newspaper parcel and for Schwartz and Pipeman to enter the scene.

Comment

Hi Abby,

Of course, Schwartz doesn't mention the parcel wrapped in newspaper. I think Smith saw Stride and the suspect around 12:45 and that Mortimer was then at her door from that time until about 12:54. If that's correct, then Schwartz's sighting must have been in the 4 minute window from when Mortimer went inside until Diemshutz's arrival. And that leaves very little time for the suspect to get rid of the newspaper parcel and for Schwartz and Pipeman to enter the scene.

Smith saw the couple at 12:30 (not 12:45 as you said).
            Schwartz at 12:45.
            Strides body was discovered at 1:00.

The man either put the parcel in his pocket, discarded it, or Schwartz just didn't see it.

Its not rocket science.

Mortimer adds nothing to the story-she saw neither stride nor a suspect.
            Shes a gossipy busybody--do yourself a favor and forget her.

Comment

And that leaves very little time for the suspect to get rid of the newspaper parcel and for Schwartz and Pipeman to enter the scene.
              Hi John

The killer stuffed the newspaper into Stride`s bonnet.

Comment

Smith saw the couple at 12:30 (not 12:45 as you said).
                Schwartz at 12:45.
                Strides body was discovered at 1:00.

The man either put the parcel in his pocket, discarded it, or Schwartz just didn't see it.

Its not rocket science.

Mortimer adds nothing to the story-she saw neither stride nor a suspect.
                Shes a gossipy busybody--do yourself a favor and forget her.
                As I noted in my earlier post the evidence points to Smith's timing estimate being inaccurate, based on the incorrect assumption that he arrived back in Berner Street at 1:00am- it was probably around 1:10am. I think, therefore, it far more likely that he sighted Stride and the suspect around 12:45. Mortimer's evidence supports this conclusion. I think Stride's killer could have been disturbed by Mortimer and made his escape when Mortimer went inside.
                Last edited by John G; 05-27-2015, 07:31 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon Guy View Post
                  Hi John

The killer stuffed the newspaper into Stride`s bonnet.
                  Hi Jon,

Maybe this was a ritualistic aspect of the crime!

Comment

• Dead End

The "dead train", if it existed, seems to have sprung into existence after 1900, so too late for Jack.

Pity, rather enjoyed the ghoulish picture of Jack leaping aboard a corpse-laden train and making his escape through the London Hospital.

Best wishes
                    C4

Comment

• Hello John

Don't see Eagle moving Stride on from the club. After all, she was a working girl and international...

Best wishes
                      C4

Comment

As I noted in my earlier post the evidence points to Smith's timing estimate being inaccurate, based on the incorrect assumption that he arrived back in Berner Street at 1:00am- it was probably around 1:10am. I think, therefore, it far more likely that he sighted Stride and the suspect around 12:45. Mortimer's evidence supports this conclusion. I think Stride's killer could have been disturbed by Mortimer and made his escape when Mortimer went inside.
                        except that a police officers sworn statement made that same day is that he saw them at 1:30.

Comment

except that a police officers sworn statement made that same day is that he saw them at 1:30.
                          See post 162. He estimated 12:30 to 12:35. This seems to have been based on his estimate that his beat took 25 to 30 minutes to complete, and a belief that he arrived back on Berner Street at 1:00am. This was clearly an error, as evidenced by the timings of PC Lamb and Edward Johnston.
                          Last edited by John G; 05-27-2015, 07:59 AM.

Comment

Hi Jon,

Maybe this was a ritualistic aspect of the crime!
                            Yes, John. I believe it was.
                            He also placed the cachous in her hand, and dabbed some blood on her wrist.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon Guy View Post
                              Yes, John. I believe it was.
                              He also placed the cachous in her hand, and dabbed some blood on her wrist.
                              Hello Jon,

Well, it would certainly explain a few anomalies in Schwartz's evidence!

Comment

• Smith and Packer's soft felt hat could have been a cricket cap.

Tends to cover a number of variations.
                                My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

Working...
                                X