No announcement yet.

Favourite 'wildcard' suspect?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never let the truth get in the way of a good story.

Comment

James Kelly

Originally posted by GUT View Post
      But is he a "Wildcard"?
      I think so.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry D View Post
        Never let the truth get in the way of a good story.
        Well that seems to be the motto of many Ripper writers anyway
        G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by AlanG View Post
          James Kelly

I think so.
          I don't count him as one since he's in the Suspects list in casebook.

But he's another one that would rocket up the charts if he could be placed in England at the time.
          G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

How 'bout Oswald Puckridge. Even though he was, for a short time, considered a suspect by Charles Warren, I think he can be considered a wildcard.

Released from Hoxton House Asylum on August 4th, 1888 and thought to have medical training. Further research has his profession as a chemist, though. He had 'threatened to rip people up with a long knife' and was in and out of asylums until his death in 1900.

Comment

But is he a "Wildcard"?
              I don't count him as one since he's in the Suspects list in casebook.

But he's another one that would rocket up the charts if he could be placed in England at the time.
              lol okay how about 'John Higgleman'?

Whoa, this was a creepy interview. Erik had to protect Jamie from the Ripper's energy.This is Elisa Medhus, M.D. Welcome to my channel. PLEASE NOTE THAT I DO...

Comment

Henry DeFries, gasfitter, who lived on Middlesex Lane. I keep hoping some one will look into this guy.

Comment

Wentworth Bellsmith

Comment

Jonathan Martindale-Smith.
                    Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Harry D View Post
                      I suppose everyone has their own interpretation of what is meant by 'wildcard'. For example, I obviously wouldn't consider Druitt, Kosminski, Chapman, or Tumblety as wildcards, as they were identified as police suspects at the time. Nor would I appeal to the faaaar out of left field suspects like Lewis Carroll & Van Gogh, which is frankly crazy talk.

No, what I'm talking about is the minor characters of the Ripper tapestry, witnesses or persons of interest (and yes, I include Crossmere in that!) who we can definitely tie to Whitechapel and might have reason to examine more closely. I have a feeling that's where we'll find our man, buried in some archive, if we had the wherewithal to do so, of course.
                      I suppose any answer depends on the individuals take on these murders, serial or non.... with that in mind Ill suggest Isenschmidt for Annie and most likely Polly, a security guard hired for the night at Berner Street, someone Kate intended to blackmail in Mitre Square, and whomever the "Joe" was that Mary was seeing while also seeing and living with Joe Barnett...my inclination is to someone we don't know much about, like Issacs, rather than Fleming.

What of course will cause outrage is that I see a few killers rather than one, but that's only because murders with tangible motives in general far outnumber the serial style killings with internal motives. I tend to save the Unicorn speculations for more obviously psychologically driven events. In the case of 3 Canonicals we have recent separations, a love triangle and relationships which do not bear the signs of the closeness indicated by the surviving partner. And in one case we have the obvious lack of ANY circumstantial or physical evidence that would indicate a serial mutilator was involved.

Have a series if you like....just try and be honest and rational when defending it. Determining motive likely solves the vast majority of crimes, assuming there is none but madness just because we don't know what the truth is, is for me, a sort of madness itself.
                      Last edited by Michael W Richards; 05-02-2015, 10:14 AM.
                      Michael Richards

Comment

Originally posted by Michael W Richards View Post
                        Have a series if you like....just try and be honest and rational when defending it. Determining motive likely solves the vast majority of crimes, assuming there is none but madness just because we don't know what the truth is, is for me, a sort of madness itself.
                        Hello, Michael.

At the risk of turning this into another 'multi-killer' discussion, you would have to explain why there were a series of unprecedented murders in the space of three months, all similar in execution, methodology and victimology, which stopped as suddenly as they started and fizzled out into sporadic murders thereafter. We can debate the nuances between each murder, notwithstanding the fact that it would be remarkable for all the murders to be exactly alike even if this was the work of one man, but the commonalities are more numerous than the differences. This leaves us with the parsimonious explanation that it was the work of a serial killer.

Comment

Originally posted by jerryd View Post
                          How 'bout Oswald Puckridge. Even though he was, for a short time, considered a suspect by Charles Warren, I think he can be considered a wildcard.

Released from Hoxton House Asylum on August 4th, 1888 and thought to have medical training. Further research has his profession as a chemist, though. He had 'threatened to rip people up with a long knife' and was in and out of asylums until his death in 1900.
                          Hi Jerry
                          Yes Puckridge and also Piggott-they were both suspects around the same time, though I believe Piggott was cleared, puckridge not sure. Howver, I believe both were in their early fifties which might rule them out.

Piggot was found with a bloody hand and they found his bloody shirt. His story of trying to "help" a prostitute up after she fell, being bitten in the hand by her, always struck me as a little odd. To me it sounds like something that would happen if a man was trying to strangle her?!?

Comment

Exclude the diary connection but I always liked Maybrick as a candidate for jtr his drug addiction could explain our killers risk taking he had the excuse of his cotton business to take him away from home.
                            Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

Hi all.

The Royal conspiracy. Another one, this time involving Bertie, Prince of Wales, later Edward VII and his frequenting of Le Chabanais, the infamous Paris brothel.
                              He even had a sort of sex chair manufactured, photo's of the contraption are online.
                              Founded in 1878 by Madame Kelly, I kid you not, with investment from the Jockey Club de Paris.
                              We have Barnett's testimony that Mary Kelly spent a short time in France. Who knows? Perhaps she saw him there, from thence we have a standard blackmail and cover up job as per Stephen Knight.
                              Interesting that Astrakhan man had a horseshoe tiepin.......
                              You did ask for wildcards!
                              All the best.

Comment

I will have to admit that the most interesting and exciting "story" that has ever been linked to the ripper murders is the royal baby story it has drama, intrique,scandal it only lacks one little though TRUTH.

Comment

Working...
                                X