Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Lodger

Hello and good afternoon/evening,

On the way to work today I heard a quick advert by an on air personality about "The Lodger". She said - "A story about a killer who goes about killing prostitutes in Hollywood and recreating the murders of Jack the Ripper." Was this discussed already around here and I missed it? If so I apologize. If not, I am going to go look into it all right now and will happily post what I find. I am curious about which actors/directors etc. might be involved. If in fact the killer is "recreating" Jack's work, it will be quite shocking to see on the big screen...with today's effects...doing the work on MJK...You know - with all the current talk about her and all - It would make one hell of a movie: Jack the Ripper...Hiding in Plain Sight - the Joseph Barnett story. To film a period piece with Joe as the killer...with his speech impediment and childhood problems compounding in his adulthood...delving into alcohol...frequenting whores...getting worse at his job and subsequently losing it as his madness and personal life boil over into his work...the fury that builds in him as he watches his work and now the love of his life get further and further away from him.

I know, I'm off into soap opera territory now. But - as you can tell - when facts and human nature are considered, old J.B. looks pretty guilty. Also, I can never buy the idea that a copy cat murderer could do MJK . That's saying that just about anyone could have the stomach/soul to do such a thing. Hell, that's saying that just about any MURDERER could have the stomach to do such a thing. Anyway...I'm rambling and I've said it all before. If you have any info or thoughts on the movie - lemme know!

It was posted here Blues,

Movies, Documentaries and TV appearances as well as Musicals, Plays and Songs that have Ripper influences
    Regards Mike

Comment

Thanks Mike

I knew there was no possible way the movie could have escaped you guys and girls here at the forum. Wow - I didn't realize it'd been out for THAT long! - Meaning the trailer etc. I am seriously OUT of the loopage. I don't have sound on my computer at work so I won't drive myself nuts checking out the trailer until I get home.

Again -

Much thanks!

Blues

Comment

Mrs Kuer coincidence?

The German left some shirts with Mrs. Kuer on 30 September or possibly 1 October (whichever was considered ‘the day after’ the murders, committed in the very early hours of 30 September). She found blood on one of them and, initially suspicious, had shown it to a neighbour, only to obviously later regret her action. Mrs. Kuer felt that the man would not be guilty of the murders and would have preferred to drop the matter. However, during the house-to-house enquiries the neighbour who had been shown the shirt told Detective Sergeants Thick and White about it. The police then called on Mrs. Kuer and took possession of the shirt and set up surveillance on the house for when the man returned. The matter was considered of considerable importance by Inspector Reid, Inspector Abberline and other senior officers.
        The man returned on Saturday, 13 October, and was promptly taken into custody where he was held for about 36 hours until the morning of the 15th. The blood was explained by a friend had who got it on the shirt while cutting his corn. It obviously took quite a while to satisfy the police, but eventually they believed the incident had an innocent explanation. However, the report in the Echo on 17 October suggests that the investigation was continuing despite the innocent explanation given and the release of the German

This is a coincidence so maybe some of you might see a connection that I have missed?

I recently found an Albert Kune b1880 in the school records for 1884. I could only find one that fits in the census and he was the son of a Carl Albert and Louisa Kuhn from Germany. The address in 1884 was 22 Batty Street.
        In the 1891 census they were living in St Mary Stratford with a 2 year old daughter so I sent for a birth certificate of this girl and unfortunately she was born on 11 September 1888 , the address was given as 92 Sussex street Poplar. So it appears the Kuhns were living in Poplar att the time of the Lodger story...
        From later 1911 census it appeared that young Albert was not Louisa's son, although she went on to have more children with Carl Albert snr including a Heinrich/Henry said to be born 1886 in Germany. He however joined the navy and stated he was born in Stratford. He drowned at sea in first world war.
        Carl Albert Kuhn was a cabinet maker (known also as Albert in the census)
        I did wonder if Carl and Louisa were not actually married as I can find no marriages or births in German records. Could Carl Albert be the Carl Noun who wrote to the newspapers and said he was a lodger?
        Louisa maiden name was said to be Luisa Wiekuller or Wietmuller on her daughters birth cert and father is called Herbert not Albert Kuhn?
        I have talked to the descendants and they know nothing
        How frustrating......Any Ideas anyone?

Pat................

Comment

Working...
        X