Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Favorite Films (lists up to participating site members)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Steadmund Brand View Post
    Hello GUT.. hope all is well.. how long will you be gone?

Steadmund Brand

G'day Steady

Got a couple of pretty heavy cases on back to back so I may get time to drop n, but I expect time will be short.
    G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• I think we are in need of a new list.. any ideas anyone...or any additions to any of the other lists in this thread by anyone? (can you tell I am looking for movies to watch that I haven't seen )

Steadmund Brand
      "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Comment

• George Washington Slept Here

Comment

• Believe it or not from reading my posts, I have never been a big Jack Benny fan..Some of his radio stuff i dig, and the TV show was ok.. but the only film of his i really liked was Buck Benny Rides Again (god knows why.. but it makes me laugh) ....unless you count it's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World.. but I don't as his part was so small... and I enjoy the Meanest Man in the World, but only for Tor Johnsons part

Steadmund Brand
          "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Comment

• Ruggles of Red Gap

Comment

• Some Like it Hot

Comment

• Now that is a fun film!!!!

I watched 3 old Boston Blackie movies last night..at only an hour a piece they fly by.. so much fun...I still Like Dick Kollmar's Blackie on the radio, but Chester Morris was so good and those films are so much fun!!!

Steadmund Brand

Comment

Believe it or not from reading my posts, I have never been a big Jack Benny fan..Some of his radio stuff i dig, and the TV show was ok.. but the only film of his i really liked was Buck Benny Rides Again (god knows why.. but it makes me laugh) ....unless you count it's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World.. but I don't as his part was so small... and I enjoy the Meanest Man in the World, but only for Tor Johnsons part

Steadmund Brand
                  Hi Steadmund,

I tend to like "Charlie's Aunt" and "To Be or Not to Be" best, but I also liked "George Washington Slept Here" too.

Jeff

Comment

• You are the third person mentioning “George Washington Slept Here”, I should probably watch it again, as I'm sure the last time I saw it I was about 15 years old....maybe I'll have a better appreciation for it now... I'll give it a shot....see this is another reason I love this thread so much!!!!!

Thank you all and keep the posts coming!!!

Steadmund Brand

Comment

You are the third person mentioning “George Washington Slept Here”, I should probably watch it again, as I'm sure the last time I saw it I was about 15 years old....maybe I'll have a better appreciation for it now... I'll give it a shot....see this is another reason I love this thread so much!!!!!

Thank you all and keep the posts coming!!!

Steadmund Brand
                      Hi Steadmund,

If you want to be creative, I think you should try to see it and the later film comedy classic, "Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House", as there are similarities between the films about moving to the country. But "George Washington Slept Here" was a play by Moss Hart and George Kaufman originally, and "Mr. Blandings" was based on a popular novel of the later 1940s.

Jeff

Comment

• Last night I finally got around to seeing a film that has been on my list for many years, "Eyes Without A Face" *The 1962 Georges Franju film ).. And it lived up to all the HYPE.. it was actually better than I had hoped it would be, dark and suspenseful yet beautifully shot.. this is what a horror film should be!!! so sad that when it was released in America they changed the name ( to the horrible sounding and misleading "The Horror Chamber of Dr. Faustus." )for a drive in run on a double bill.... Criterion did an amazing job with this print ( as always) as they did with another film that was a drive in flick that deserved to be looked at as more an art film "Carnival of Souls" (if you haven’t seen the Criterion restoration I highly recommend it)

Anyone else here familiar with this film? and if so what did you think about it?

Steadmund Brand

Comment

• Ok, I have a new favorite film to add to my list now... I saw it last night for the 1st time ( and had never even heard of it before then) and it's called

Rhubarb- the Millionaire Cat

Starring Ray Milland and Jan Sterling from 1951...adorable film where an eccentric millionaire falls in love with this wild cat, takes him in, and when he dies leaves all his money and his Baseball team to the cat ...maybe I was just up too late and was punchy, or maybe the fact that Rhubarb looks a lot like my beloved cat ( Sgt. Pepper) but I loved this movie!!

anyone else seen this classic?

Steadmund Brand
                          Last edited by Steadmund Brand; 05-29-2015, 12:03 PM.

Comment

• I just read that Orangey ( the cat who played Rhubarb) was the same cat in Breakfast at Tiffany's and The Incredible Shrinking Man...

Steadmund Brand

Comment

• Doctor Zhivago (the Omar Sharif & Julie Christie version)
                              Soylent Green
                              Don't Look Now
                              Kelly's Heroes
                              Kind Hearts & Coronets

I'm sure I'll think of others
                              I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

I just read that Orangey ( the cat who played Rhubarb) was the same cat in Breakfast at Tiffany's and The Incredible Shrinking Man...

Steadmund Brand
                                Wow bet that cat lived high on the sardine
                                G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Working...
                                X