Frying pan owner and vets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frying pan owner and vets

My conclusion is "there is no link", but here is what I found and have put it here for double-checking.

The landlord in 1888 was William Farrow.

Farrow is a popular name.

There is a family of Veterinary Surgeons living in Whitechapel, having surguries on Commercial St. They are called 'Hastings Farrow'.

Arthur Hastings Farrow, John Hastings Farrow, and William Hastings Farrow

Im not quite sure exactly who operated where and when, but those are what I came up with by reading...

and...

They got the name Hastings when William John Farrow married Sarah hastings.

If there is a link between this "William John Farrow" of Veterinary Surgeons and the owner "William Farrow" of The Frying Pan it would be nice to know.

I'm imply nothing here btw. Just want to know if Veterinary Surgeons boozed up with some distant cousins in The Frying Pan is all.
    Bona fide canonical and then some.

Originally posted by Batman View Post
    My conclusion is "there is no link", but here is what I found and have put it here for double-checking.

The landlord in 1888 was William Farrow.

Farrow is a popular name.

There is a family of Veterinary Surgeons living in Whitechapel, having surguries on Commercial St. They are called 'Hastings Farrow'.

Arthur Hastings Farrow, John Hastings Farrow, and William Hastings Farrow

Im not quite sure exactly who operated where and when, but those are what I came up with by reading...

and...

They got the name Hastings when William John Farrow married Sarah hastings.

If there is a link between this "William John Farrow" of Veterinary Surgeons and the owner "William Farrow" of The Frying Pan it would be nice to know.

I'm imply nothing here btw. Just want to know if Veterinary Surgeons boozed up with some distant cousins in The Frying Pan is all.
    Upon first reading, this appeared to be bar none the most nonsensical thread title in the history of ever. To the point I was wondering if you had an aneurysm, or this was going to be some code to let us know you had been taken hostage...

But I get it now. Good job. I have no information for you, but I appreciate the journey from utter bafflement to enlightenment.
    The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

Basically it occurred to me that Nichols death was really far too East if one considers a sort of hot zone in the middle. One possible explanation for this I thought was that she was being followed by someone who was in the Frying Pan who waited for the right time when no one was around before striking. The Frying Pan comes up again with MJK when reading about the niece of Cox who says some funny things but mentions that MJK went to the Frying Pan to meet sailors. They checked pubs in the area for anyone who had seen MJK but where at a loss. Did they check the Frying Pan too? So I am thinking, the owners must have had staff that saw something throughout the months or at least had a suspicion. So I went to read about the owner and accidentally hit on vets with a similar name. That struck a chord obviously because its a midway solution over 'knowledge issues' so tried to find a connection but didn't, so have just put it out there for others.
      Bona fide canonical and then some.

Comment

Hi,
        Only just seen this post.

There is definitely no link. William Farrow is my g g grand uncle and he moved from the frying pan to be the landlord of the Shaftsbury arms in Kensington. He died in 1898 leaving his widow Lucy (nee burrows).
        His brother was Edmund Farrow who was also a landlord in the area and is mentioned on this site.
        All the best.
        Andy

Comment

Working...
        X