Why not always indoors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Good Michael View Post
    What does this have to do with the question re: Why not always indoors? I say that these poor prostitutes, and I didn't mention anyone in particular, didn't take men indoors because they didn't have their own room or house to take them to. So how does your cryptic response fit with my answer?

Mike
    Because the only women within the Canonical Group that did not have homes the night they were killed...based on what is known...are Polly and Annie. We don't know if Liz had made other arrangements, had a night cleaning job or a new lover, we don't know why Kate went in the opposite direction of her home, and Mary had a room.

Its obvious that one of the key factors in the choice of Polly and Annie was their vulnerability. We have no such evidence any of the others would have had nowhere to go the night(s) they were killed.

I raise the issue because its almost certainly part of the Victimology profile for the man who killed the first 2 women.

Cheers
    Michael Richards

Comment

Originally posted by Batman View Post
      I don't think there was a shortage. There where just many more without. Ada Wilson had a room for example. So did Mary Cox in Miller's Court.
      Prostitutes with a room rented in their own name during this period was a rare thing.

Cheers
      Michael Richards

Comment

Originally posted by c.d. View Post
        Hello Michael,

A quick quiz -- which of these five things is different from the rest? Uterus, kidney, heart, bladder, pencil.

If you said pencil, you are correct. The others are ALL ORGANS.

c.d.
        If you imagine that the killer simply sought any organ at all, then I see your point. The evidence in the first 2 murders however seems to indicate that abdominal organs were specifically sought. In that context the heart, a pencil and a kidney do not fit.

And if you do still imagine he wanted any old organ, all you need to do is explain Liz Stride on her side with her skirt down and zero pm wounds. Without imagining a scenario that isn't supported by ANY hard evidence of course.

Cheers
        Michael Richards

Comment

So....many folks think that their assumptions provide all the necessary information with which to conclude that one killer killed the Canonical Group...despite the contrary physical evidence of course.

Ok....so then just answer the thread question...if this Jack fellow who many imagine in various forms was intent on killing women randomly, mutilating the corpses then absconding with any old organ from the victim...then why wouldn't he kill indoors every time? To ensure he had the time and the privacy to reach these imagined lofty goals.

I don't believe anyone thinks the Torsos were made outdoors, so.. that killer likely killed indoors for that privacy and the heightened chance that he could accomplish his objectives without being disturbed or caught.

He got anstsy and couldn't wait for the opportunity? Ok...and where is that evidence? He picked spots where he thought he would have time?....well, that's not applicable in Kates and Liz Strides murder. Nor in Pollys.

You ask people like me to accept a premise that a uncontrolled killer killed differently 4 times and had an objective to mutilate that morphed along the way, ...so explain why he wouldn't have preferred to use indoor venues...that were widely available in the form of abandoned warehouse and homes in the area. Just look at Mitre Square....plenty of indoor spaces to work with no occupants to bother him....so, why did he kill her in the open where policemen walked through at least 4 times an hour.?
          Michael Richards

Comment

Hello Michael,

I am afraid that only the killer could answer that question and all that we can do is hazard a guess. Off the top of my head I would say that he might have felt confident that if disturbed he could flee and outrun any pursuit something he could not do indoors. As to abandoned warehouses and homes, I would think that prostitutes would be rather reluctant to enter an abandoned location when they knew that a killer was on the loose. Also, there were probably rats and God knows what else inhabiting those buildings. I can't imagine that the women would feel at all comfortable going into one.

But let me turn the question around, why didn't all the non-Jack killers you envision choose abandoned buildings rather than kill on the street?

c.d.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael W Richards View Post
              Prostitutes with a room rented in their own name during this period was a rare thing.

Cheers
              Excuse me for asking Michael, but how can we know this today?
              Regards, Jon S.

Comment

If Jack was an opportunist as a killer why would he ask prostitutes he met if they had a room where they could go? Would he walk off if they said they had no private room?

Surely, his main priority would be somewhere dark and reasonably isolated, whether he led them there or vice-versa? I just think he got lucky with Mary Jane Kelly having private quarters. Otherwise, I don't think he was bothered.

Comment

Because the only women within the Canonical Group that did not have homes the night they were killed...based on what is known...are Polly and Annie. We don't know if Liz had made other arrangements, had a night cleaning job or a new lover, we don't know why Kate went in the opposite direction of her home, and Mary had a room.
                  Eddowes didn't have her own room, and Stride lived with a man (Kidney), so they have to be included when answering the question of the OP, if you are talking about canonicals. Again, why not always indoors? Answer: Because they had no private room to take their clients to.

Mike
                  huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
                    Excuse me for asking Michael, but how can we know this today?
                    I cant give you a source at this moment Jon, but I believe with a bit of time I can substantiate the claim that females whose primary source of income was prostitution as we must believe Marys was, could not rent rooms by the week in their own name, let alone run arrears while there.

Cheers
                    Michael Richards

Comment

Eddowes didn't have her own room, and Stride lived with a man (Kidney), so they have to be included when answering the question of the OP, if you are talking about canonicals. Again, why not always indoors? Answer: Because they had no private room to take their clients to.

Mike
                      That's a good case for street prostitutes who were homeless without doss....and that's the crux of my previous points....only 2 of the Canonical Five can be categorized as such based on the existing evidence. We have no idea why Liz was where she was, or Kate, and we can see Mary wasn't outside when she was attacked. Polly and Annie admitted to friends that they were trying to earn their doss.

Cheers
                      Michael Richards

Comment

That's a good case for street prostitutes who were homeless without doss....and that's the crux of my previous points....only 2 of the Canonical Five can be categorized as such based on the existing evidence. We have no idea why Liz was where she was, or Kate, and we can see Mary wasn't outside when she was attacked. Polly and Annie admitted to friends that they were trying to earn their doss.
                        I see now. You are just putting the first two together because you theorize that they were the only common victims. That's fine, but steps around the question completely, and has nothing to do with my answer. Your agenda really doesn't belong here with the simple question asked. Privacy has more to do with the question than a matter of doss money. Who had private rooms? Only Kelly.

Mike
                        huh?

Comment

I see now. You are just putting the first two together because you theorize that they were the only common victims. That's fine, but steps around the question completely, and has nothing to do with my answer. Your agenda really doesn't belong here with the simple question asked. Privacy has more to do with the question than a matter of doss money. Who had private rooms? Only Kelly.

Mike
                          First off there is no agenda, just an intolerance for fantasy, and second of all I should have clarified as you did....private room, not just a room in her own name.

And for the record the only 2 victims that match in MO, Victimology, and abdominal focus for PM mutilations are the first 2. Its folks like you who just toss the next 3 on the same pile,..all the while having to reconstruct the MO, the Victimology and the PM focus to make it fit your theorizing.

For me and some others, if its unlike, its unlikely the same...but that doesn't allow for a metamorphisizing, ever changing monster like many want to believe in.

Cheers
                          Michael Richards

Comment

Originally posted by c.d. View Post
                            Hello Michael,

I am afraid that only the killer could answer that question and all that we can do is hazard a guess. Off the top of my head I would say that he might have felt confident that if disturbed he could flee and outrun any pursuit something he could not do indoors. As to abandoned warehouses and homes, I would think that prostitutes would be rather reluctant to enter an abandoned location when they knew that a killer was on the loose. Also, there were probably rats and God knows what else inhabiting those buildings. I can't imagine that the women would feel at all comfortable going into one.

But let me turn the question around, why didn't all the non-Jack killers you envision choose abandoned buildings rather than kill on the street?

c.d.
                            He could flee in a street open at both ends? Or in a backyard with only a single hallway access through a house to the street? Or in a square that has 2 of 3 possible exits regularly patrolled by coppers?

To the last point cd...I think all the women were killed where they were because that's where their killer found them, and in the case of the ones killed outdoors in public, they were killed there either because of uncontrolled fantasies or because that's where their killed found them.

I think Kate may have made a fatal meeting arrangement, and Mary, a fatal decision to let a "friend" into her room. Liz I believe had motivations for being where she was that may well be work, social activity or even spying.

Cheers
                            Michael Richards

Comment

Has an intolerance for fantasy.

Believes Stride was a secret agent.

Comment

And for the record the only 2 victims that match in MO, Victimology, and abdominal focus for PM mutilations are the first 2. Its folks like you who just toss the next 3 on the same pile,..all the while having to reconstruct the MO, the Victimology and the PM focus to make it fit your theorizing.
                                Again, your agenda doesn't belong here. It was a simple question and has nothing to do with MO or mutiliations. Why not always indoors? Because there were no private rooms available to them. Simple. No agenda.

Mike
                                huh?

Comment

Working...
                                X