Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Amanda View Post
    Hi Abby,
    Sorry to have to correct you, but Cream didn't kill for monetary gain.

This is the wrong thread to go into details, but trust me, I know a great deal more about Dr.Cream than the average Joe.

Amanda
    Hi Amanda
    What was his motive then? You say him and jack had the same motive?
    What was it?

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
      Good point, whenever we try and put anyone in a little box there is plenty of overlap and in my opinion serial killers just don't fit and they are so few in number it is simply impossible to try and say, no serial killer has ever "xxxx" so none ever will or most serial killers are "yyy" so all must be.
      Hi gut
      Then I take it you don't rule chapman out for the ripper?

Comment

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
        Hi gut
        Then I take it you don't rule chapman out for the ripper?
        I don't categorically rule anyone out unless they can be shown to have been in a different place at the appropriate times by the same token I am not prepared to rule anyone in unless there is some evidence, many suspects seems to be named on the basis that someone has made up a good [sometimes even plausible story] and then elevate it to "Case closed".
        G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

The pleasure, more than likely with a sexual component, that he derived from killing and cutting up women.
          And others suggest revenge, or to try and clean up the area, or to bring attention to the plight of these "unfortunates", any are possible none are certain.

And didn't you earlier say Cream's was money?

Post #63

Hi Amanda
          The difference being- Cream was killing prostitutes, and others, for monetary gain and to avoid being caught for botched abortions and to blackmail people. Totally different type of killer.
          G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by RockySullivan View Post
            The murders appear to somewhat spread about from the central area where Tabram was killed right? It is a real mystery whether the killed lived there but to the murder in 29 hanbury for instance implies the killer had intimate details of the location.?
            I think it just implies that any working girl in the area would know it intimately, the killer wouldn't need to. They would basically lead clients to their own regular secluded spot where they didn't expect to be disturbed.
            ‘There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact’ Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Hi MayBea,

At least two of the examples you give us, Ben, owned their own business. Rifkin and Hansen.
              That didn't preclude either of them from being blue collar and working class.

Thanks for reminding me about Robert Pickton, though. Another good example. Jack Unterweger is another.

All the best,
              Ben

Comment

Originally Posted by GUT View Post
                Good point, whenever we try and put anyone in a little box there is plenty of overlap and in my opinion serial killers just don't fit and they are so few in number it is simply impossible to try and say, no serial killer has ever "xxxx" so none ever will or most serial killers are "yyy" so all must be.
                My point was actually that one needs better analysis without bias.

The examples of "blue collar" prostitute killers Ben gave me are two actual business owners, two truckers, two Navy sailors, a pre-med student who failed because he was a thief, and a black guy from Missouri.

I wouldn't include the last two guys for sure, same for the sailors, and the two truckers don't qualify for me as particularly significant when that's the only representative example you have and the average first year guy makes $40,000.
                Last edited by MayBea; 01-29-2015, 06:01 PM.

Comment

And others suggest revenge, or to try and clean up the area, or to bring attention to the plight of these "unfortunates", any are possible none are certain.

And didn't you earlier say Cream's was money?

Post #63
                  Hi gut
                  Yes I did, at least part of it. But your last post asked me what I thought jacks was.

Comment

Even if rifkin ran a one man operation landscaping business, that's still manual labor. I think the point is that serial killers who target prostitutes tend to be average joes and not super rich guys driving flashy cars and lots of money to waste. It's not an absolute anyway but I think the real point is that guys like rifkin frequent sex workers the most

Comment

Even if rifkin ran a one man operation landscaping business, that's still manual labor. I think the point is that serial killers who target prostitutes tend to be average joes and not super rich guys driving flashy cars and lots of money to waste
                      Spot on, Rocky.

If there's a central "bullet point" here, let it be this one!

Comment

Originally posted by MayBea View Post

The examples of "blue collar" prostitute killers Ben gave me are two actual business owners, two truckers, two Navy sailors, a pre-med student who failed because he was a thief, and a black guy from Missouri.

I wouldn't include the last two guys for sure, same for the sailors, and the two truckers don't qualify for me as particularly significant when that's the only representative example you have and the average first year guy makes $40,000.
                        "..and a black guy from Missouri." Wow.

Didn't know that was a descriptor of income level/occupation. Yikes.

Comment

Hi gut
                          Yes I did, at least part of it. But your last post asked me what I thought jacks was.
                          G'day Abby

So did I misunderstand when you said they had the same motive??
                          G U T

Comment

G'day Abby

So did I misunderstand when you said they had the same motive??
                            Yes.No worries. It was poster Amanda who said they had the same motive. And I've asked her what it was

Comment

Originally posted by RockySullivan View Post
                              ...I think the real point is that guys like rifkin frequent sex workers the most
                              The only stats I've ever seen put the average income for a "john" at $42000 in 2004 in Vancouver.

The majority, 58%, is under 40000. (See chart p. 4 of link below) So it looks like the "average Joe" is the majority as you say.

But that equates to over 50000 today and I'm looking at that as someone in a service industry at top rate. So I'd put the cut off in 2004 at $30000 and say its 41% who were "average Joes" based on the chart.

http://www.popcenter.org/problems/st...ution_2004.pdf

This puts the profile more in line with the "well-heeled" outsider visiting the red-light district for anonymity.

Graph on page 6 shows that the majority of johns arrested were outsiders to Vancouver's East End prostitution district. In outlying towns and suburbs, the vast majority of johns arrested were locals.

Comment

Originally posted by MayBea View Post

You initially posted "By my estimation, the only Caucasian blue collar I can think of was Shawcross but he was in jail for 20 years."

One list of serial killers was given and now you're making your own definition of what blue collar means. If truckers and sailors are not blue collar you should inform them of their upgrade "status".

Comment

Working...
                                X