Was JTR a local?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RockySullivan View Post
    Pink moon, I believe I've read the most serial killers who target prostitutes are blue collar.
    yes, they are. Thanks Rocky.

Comment

Originally posted by Amanda View Post
      Hi Abby,

Quote" I doubt someone well-off would be targeting Whitechapel prostitutes..'

Well Thomas Cream targeted Lambeth prostitutes & he was pretty flush when he arrived back in London.

I actually think there was something quite thrilling, in mixing with lower classes, for a Victorian gent. Like the forbidden fruit..

Amanda
      Hi Amanda
      The difference being- Cream was killing prostitutes, and others, for monetary gain and to avoid being caught for botched abortions and to blackmail people. Totally different type of killer.

Comment

Pink moon, I believe I've read the most serial killers who target prostitutes are blue collar.
        Where did you read that, Rocky?

I remember someone starting a thread focusing on prostitute killers and came to that conclusion. But it depended on what your definition is?

By my estimation, the only Caucasian blue collar I can think of was Shawcross but he was in jail for 20 years.

If someone has a landscaping business and does the landscaping himself, is he blue collar or a businessman?

Comment

Originally posted by MayBea View Post
          Where did you read that, Rocky?

I remember someone starting a thread focusing on prostitute killers and came to that conclusion. But it depended on what your definition is?

By my estimation, the only Caucasian blue collar I can think of was Shawcross but he was in jail for 20 years.

If someone has a landscaping business and does the landscaping himself, is he blue collar or a businessman?
          Good point, whenever we try and put anyone in a little box there is plenty of overlap and in my opinion serial killers just don't fit and they are so few in number it is simply impossible to try and say, no serial killer has ever "xxxx" so none ever will or most serial killers are "yyy" so all must be.
          G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Sorry...

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
            Hi Amanda
            The difference being- Cream was killing prostitutes, and others, for monetary gain and to avoid being caught for botched abortions and to blackmail people. Totally different type of killer.
            Hi Abby,
            Sorry to have to correct you, but Cream didn't kill for monetary gain.

This is the wrong thread to go into details, but trust me, I know a great deal more about Dr.Cream than the average Joe.

Amanda

Comment

Thanks batboy, any other suspect live or work near George yard? Tabram murder may have been a rage attack?
              I'm not sure what qualifies as near but Jacob Levy lived on Middlesex.

Comment

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
                Hi Amanda
                So if you know Cream's motive and Jack was a totally different type of killer, what was Jack's motive.
                G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

I think the night of the double event points to our killer not been local.
                  Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

By my estimation, the only Caucasian blue collar I can think of was Shawcross
                    ...Sutcliffe, Ridgway, Wright, Rifkin, Gilyard, Armstrong, Boyer, Hansen, Albright...

All prostitute serial killers.

All "blue collar".

Comment

Well...

Originally posted by GUT View Post
                      So if you know Cream's motive and Jack was a totally different type of killer, what was Jack's motive.
                      Hi Gut,
                      I believe that Cream & Jack had the same motive, but none of those listed on the post by Abby.

And no, I don't believe that Cream was Jack.

Amanda

Comment

Hi Gut,
                        I believe that Cream & Jack had the same motive, but none of those listed on the post by Abby.

Amanda
                        G'day Amanda

But perhaps you are falling into the same trap as Abby of presuming to know his motive, in my experience most murders don't know their own motive with any degree of certainty or perhaps more accurately it is seldom that there is one, and only one, motive.
                        G U T

Comment

Mmm...

G'day Amanda

But perhaps you are falling into the same trap as Abby of presuming to know his motive, in my experience most murders don't know their own motive with any degree of certainty or perhaps more accurately it is seldom that there is one, and only one, motive.
                          Hi Gut,
                          Maybe, but I've read through Cream's extremely hefty prison file & think I can be bold enough to say I know why he did it.

For Jack, yes you're right, I am presuming to know his motive & probably won't find out if I was right in this lifetime...
                          It's all good fun though, new year and so many new threads to debate.

Gives you a break from digging too...
                          Amanda

Comment

Hi Gut,
                            Maybe, but I've read through Cream's extremely hefty prison file & think I can be bold enough to say I know why he did it.

For Jack, yes you're right, I am presuming to know his motive & probably won't find out if I was right in this lifetime...
                            It's all good fun though, new year and so many new threads to debate.

Gives you a break from digging too...
                            Amanda
                            I won't argue re Cream, as there is a much better chance of pinning down the motive of a known murder who has been captured and questioned and examined that an UNSUB.

And at least we are off table clothes and DNA for a little while, though there was some fairly recent DNA on Deeming's skull which they thought mght have been Ned's [or Vice Versa]
                            G U T

Comment

Originally posted by Ben View Post
                              ...Sutcliffe, Ridgway, Wright, Rifkin, Gilyard, Armstrong, Boyer, Hansen, Albright...

All prostitute serial killers.

All "blue collar".
                              At least two of the examples you give us, Ben, owned their own business. Rifkin and Hansen.

http://www.crimelibrary.com/serial_k.../rifkin/5.html

I know they're not Donald Trump but....

Ridgeway had an IQ of 80 so I wouldn't use him as a standard. Although Robert Pickton had a similar IQ and had a pig farm and a dance hall.

Comment

Hi Gut,

Amanda
                                The pleasure, more than likely with a sexual component, that he derived from killing and cutting up women.

Comment

Working...
                                X