Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Probably irrelevant but...

Hi All,
    Totally irrelevant fact but interesting - Vincent Van Gogh wrote a letter to his younger brother Theo on the eve of each of those dates...

Amanda

Comment

Originally posted by Spider View Post
      It's an interesting pattern when you look at the dates. It stinks of someone on regular business trips to me.
      Or could a ship have just arrived and docked not a stone's throw away from the murder sites.
      Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Amanda View Post
        Hi All,
        Totally irrelevant fact but interesting - Vincent Van Gogh wrote a letter to his younger brother Theo on the eve of each of those dates...

Amanda
        Hi Amanda my dear have you checked out the van Gogh thread it looks like a very entertaining case closed book might be arriving soon.
        Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

Would a local be able to wait six weeks after the double event.

Comment

Erm...

Originally posted by pinkmoon View Post
            Hi Amanda my dear have you checked out the van Gogh thread it looks like a very entertaining case closed book might be arriving soon.
            Evening Pinkmoon,

Have to confess I haven't! I actually thought Van Gogh to be such an unlikely suspect that I skipped that thread completely.

ANOTHER case closed book? Goodness, my bookshelf is already groaning!

Will do my homework....
            Amanda

Comment

Hi Abby,

Quote" I doubt someone well-off would be targeting Whitechapel prostitutes..'

Well Thomas Cream targeted Lambeth prostitutes & he was pretty flush when he arrived back in London.

I actually think there was something quite thrilling, in mixing with lower classes, for a Victorian gent. Like the forbidden fruit..

Amanda

Comment

Hi All,

Amanda
                "Dear Theo, please stop murdering women in Whitechapel

Regards, Vinny"
                ‘There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact’ Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Evening Pinkmoon,

Have to confess I haven't! I actually thought Van Gogh to be such an unlikely suspect that I skipped that thread completely.

ANOTHER case closed book? Goodness, my bookshelf is already groaning!

Will do my homework....
                  Amanda
                  We have to give every theory every chance before we slaughter it but this one is going to be very very entertaining.

Comment

Ha, ha....

Originally posted by Spider View Post
                    "Dear Theo, please stop murdering women in Whitechapel

Regards, Vinny"
                    Hi Spider,
                    Actually in most of the letters, Vincent is either thanking Theo for sending money or asking him to send money.

Perhaps he owed the ladies of the night for their services....

Or......he was purchasing shawls....

Amanda

Comment

The murders appear to somewhat spread about from the central area where Tabram was killed right? It is a real mystery whether the killed lived there but to the murder in 29 hanbury for instance implies the killer had intimate details of the location. Since I'm thoroughly convinced torso was the ripper, it makes more sense the killer lived nearer to the torso dumps since it would be quite hard to carry body parts a long distance. Gaining access to whitehall dump site implies a very specific knowledge of that building. Errata suggested that Torso may have lived near whitehall I think. Either lived in whitehall and worked in whitechapel or lived in whitechapel worked in whitehall perhaps?

Comment

Hi Abby,

Quote" I doubt someone well-off would be targeting Whitechapel prostitutes..'

Well Thomas Cream targeted Lambeth prostitutes & he was pretty flush when he arrived back in London.

I actually think there was something quite thrilling, in mixing with lower classes, for a Victorian gent. Like the forbidden fruit..

Amanda
                        I seem to remember a certain Hugh Grant been caught in a car with a lady of the night and she certainly wasn't from the higher end of the vice trade which he could well have afforded .Also a football manager from a well known London team resigned due to his habit of kerb crawling again he could have afforded a far more exotic choice considering the money he was on .I wonder if there is any sort of data regarding what type of man is caught in the company of a street prostitute.I would like to point out I will not be carrying any research into this myself .

Comment

Pink moon, I believe I've read the most serial killers who target prostitutes are blue collar.

Comment

From geo-profiling, the central location is at George's Yard, where Tabram was killed and Chapman starting working in 1890.
                            Bona fide canonical and then some.

Comment

Originally posted by Batman View Post
                              From geo-profiling, the central location is at George's Yard, where Tabram was killed and Chapman starting working in 1890.
                              Thanks batboy, any other suspect live or work near George yard? Tabram murder may have been a rage attack?

Comment

Kozminski may have worked in Greedfield St., which is only a street or two away and well within the hotzone.

Tabram is the key in my books and this has always been the case as most of the evidence to date says the best way to catch these people is to go back to the initial murders if not the very first one.

One time I guessed that Mary Ann Connelly, known as "Pearly Poll", had seen Tabram's killer and claimed to be able to identify him and that when he learned of this witness he tried to get to them and do what he did to Tabram. There is a very very loose connection between the names of victims, Eddowes using MJK name, and use Dorset st. addresses, Stride being known as Poll, Chapman also and Nichols being Polly Ann. I wonder if he walked the streets asking for Pearly Poll or Mary Ann Connelly and given directions to prostitutes who simply sounded similar in name. It's a bit far-fetched but there is some evidence that a ripper letter was sent from Dorset St., only weeks before the murder of MJK and eddowes was believed to have stayed in the shed next to MJKs room that was boarded up by the police who feared the ripper may make use of it. There where not too far wrong. In fact MJK being killed where she was seems a little bit like taunting the police now in hindsight.

So I think Dorset St., is very interesting for several reasons other than the murder of MJK and that if one finds out who killed Tabram you will have JtR in my books.
                                Last edited by Batman; 01-29-2015, 01:48 PM.
                                Bona fide canonical and then some.

Comment

Working...
                                X