No announcement yet.

The Missing Evidence - New Ripper Documentary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is nonsense is suggesting that Lechmere was responsible for nearly every murder in London for a 30 year period.

Saying that, that photo of Lechmere looks like it was taken in Crippen's back garden. Returning to the scene of the crime? Hmmmmmm

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob Clack View Post
      What is nonsense is suggesting that Lechmere was responsible for nearly every murder in London for a 30 year period.
      Hahaha! What a strange suggestion! Whoever proposed that...?

The best,
      Fisherman

Comment

• Originally posted by Sally View Post
        Thanks Fish - that's about what I expected. Unanswered questions are certainly the order of the day here.

Others will naturally form their own conclusions from that.
        I should hope so! And that conclusion could only be that I am a nice bloke who answers up to Edwards request not to give away a number of things he wants to save for his book.

Then again, that was what you were implying too, of course!

The best,
        Fisherman

Comment

• Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
          Hahaha! What a strange suggestion! Whoever proposed that...?

The best,
          Fisherman
          It's been suggested that Lechmere was murdering before the ripper murders abd after them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris View Post
            I do apologise - I was looking at James Street.

So this is the joke, is it?

[ATTACH]16471[/ATTACH]
            Let me see, hmmm, ehhh ... Yes! Yes, that is the joke!

It goes like this: It is totally incoinceivable that Lechmere could have gone to or from his mothers place by means of Berner Street, that was situated right in his old stomping ground, where he would have been aquainted to people living and where he would have frequented the pubs and hangouts as he lived in that specific area for years. He would never leave his mother´s place and go to this area, since it would represent an almighty detour.

It is a case of Non Old Montaguensis - named after the earthshattering discovery that people who are not recorded as having walked on a specific street, will never have done so - even if that street was the most practical for them to use.

Let´s not forget that Old Montague Street was dangerous too.

As was Dorset Street - a real bad one, that. Lechmere would NEVER have used it, even if it represented a shortcut to Broad Street from Hanbury Street. Speaking of jokes, that street sure wasn´t one.

I´m sure that Mitre Square also belongs to the joke somehow, but I think I am going to need your help to see how.

All the best,
            Fisherman

PS. Just came to think of something - what if Lechmere was not paying his mother a visit that night? What if he was just visiting old mates and having a beer in his old hood? If so, how do we disqualify Berner Street as leading logically to... well, Berner Street? Doesn´t that take the laugh out of the joke?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob Clack View Post
              It's been suggested that Lechmere was murdering before the ripper murders abd after them.
              Yes, he MAY have been - but why would it entail "nearly all the murders in London" for a thirty year period...?

You know, Rob, you are a hard bunch to please. One tells me that he would not have stopped killing, and challenges me to name possible slayings on Lechmere´s behalf outside the Ripper ones.
              Then, when I accomodate that poster, you step in and say that it is ridiculous to propose that he killed nearly every victim in London during three decades...?

How am I to keep you guys happy? Do you have a set number of killings that I need to fill?

All the best,
              Fisherman

Comment

• Could anyone screengrab the photo of Crossmere? I can't bring myself to watch the documentary.

Comment

• It's now on YouTube...

JM

Comment

• Originally posted by Fisherman View Post

PS. Just came to think of something - what if Lechmere was not paying his mother a visit that night? What if he was just visiting old mates and having a beer in his old hood? If so, how do we disqualify Berner Street as leading logically to... well, Berner Street? Doesn´t that take the laugh out of the joke?
                    But you can't prove he was anywhere near Berner Street that night? So it is a bit irrelevant saying he could have done this and he could have done that.

Comment

• Fisherman

If you remember, you said earlier today.

"You could reach Cannon [Cable] Street via Berner Street, coming from Lechmere´s lodgings."

I sort of assumed that meant Berner Street was on the way from Doveton Street to Cable Street ...

Tell me, were all those routes shown in those fancy animations in the documentary constructed on the same principle? If so, no wonder the one from James Street to Broad Street went through Mitre Square!

Comment

• Oh - and I kept meaning to ask - wouldn't one o'clock in the morning be a bit of an odd time for Cross/Lechmere to be visiting his domineering old mum?

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris View Post
                          Oh - and I kept meaning to ask - wouldn't one o'clock in the morning be a bit of an odd time for Cross/Lechmere to be visiting his domineering old mum?
                          Well when I asked about him visiting mum at strange times I was told it was totally natural.
                          G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmenges View Post
                            It's now on YouTube...

JM
                            Thanks, Jonathan.

Truly the face of evil.

Comment

• Chris:
                              I sort of assumed that meant Berner Street was on the way from Doveton Street to Cable Street ...

It matters very little if Berner Street was on the way from Doveton Street to Cable Street. Chris. Stride was killed at around 00.45-1.00, so we can safely assume that if Lechmere did it, then he was not on his way TO but instead FROM his mothers, in all probability. If he was ever there that night. He could equally have had a number of aquaintances living in the Berner Street area where he had lived for many years.

I am not locked to a specific scenario on this. It was his old stomping ground, he had left it only three months earlier, and he would reasonably have had plenty of ties to it. The connection is there, well established.

Gareth Norris suggested a sort of trauma coupled to a visit to his mothers as a possibility. If we work from that, he may have gone to his mother´s (via whichever way he chose to), and then there may have been some disagreement, and he may have left in anger, walking the miniscule route up to his old haunts, drunk in a pub, walked out and found Stride.

It is all very easy and completely plausible and it fits eminently with Norris´suggestion.

Let´s not make it harder than it is. Surely you would not want to do that?

Tell me, were all those routes shown in those fancy animations in the documentary constructed on the same principle? If so, no wonder the one from James Street to Broad Street went through Mitre Square!

No they were not constructed on the same principle - his mother lived in one place only. And the way from James Street to Broad Street did not go through Mitre Square. But it passed St Botolph´s, a place where it was common knowledge that prostitution abounded. So he may have walked there, found Eddowes, struck a deal and ended up in Mitre Square. Similarly, he may have searched the streets in the area for victims - not only St Botolphs held prostitutes.

See? Once again all those misgivings on your behalf for no reason at all, Chris. You really need to look more at the possibilities and abandon these pessimistic takes of yours.

Oh - and I kept meaning to ask - wouldn't one o'clock in the morning be a bit of an odd time for Cross/Lechmere to be visiting his domineering old mum?

Well, we know that if Lechmere killed Stride at 1.00 or shortly before, he would not have been visiting his mum at the exact same time. So the suggestion is an impossible one.
                              He could well, however, have visited her BEFORE that hour, then left to have a drink at one of his old joints and then arrived in Berner Street.

He is tied to the area, like it or not. That is what matters.

His mum lived close by, like it or not. That is what matters.

The Berner Street murder happens directly inbetween his old addresses in the area, like it or not. That is what matters.

But that is of course just a few more coincidences, right?

Next, please!

Fisherman

Comment

• Fisherman

So why the **** did you post that nonsense about going from Doveton Street to Cable Street via Berner Street?

Kindly bear in mind that most of us don't have as much time on our hands as you evidently do.

Comment

Working...
                                X