"I never killed a man who didn't need killin"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "I never killed a man who didn't need killin"

Unforgiven is a movie I can watch twenty times a month, and having read somewhere that the character of William Munny (Clint Eastwood) had been more or less inspired by one John Wesley Hardin, I'm currently reading his autobiography, as well as a biography (Leon Metz, "John Wesley Hardin, Dark angel of Texas", 1996).

And what a fascinating case.

Does anyone share my interest ?

Originally posted by DVV View Post
    Unforgiven is a movie I can watch twenty times a month, and having read somewhere that the character of William Munny (Clint Eastwood) had been more or less inspired by one John Wesley Hardin, I'm currently reading his autobiography, as well as a biography (Leon Metz, "John Wesley Hardin, Dark angel of Texas", 1996).

I became interested in him back when I was about 10 and he was small character in some good old Cowboy books, an interesting bloke.
    G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
      I became interested in him back when I was about 10 and he was small character in some good old Cowboy books, an interesting bloke.
      Rock Hudson played Hardin in a considerably watered down version of his blood-stained career, "The Lawless Breed" in 1953.

Jeff

Comment

Thanks Jeff and Gut.

I'm better than Rock Hudson to play JWH.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayerling View Post
          Rock Hudson played Hardin in a considerably watered down version of his blood-stained career, "The Lawless Breed" in 1953.

Jeff
          I actually thought it was a bi wishy washy
          G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Unforgiven is unwatchable. Now fistful of dollarS, for a few more and good the bad & ugly those I could watch over & over. If your reading about Hardin check out Hardin wouldn't run by johnny Ca$h

Comment

Originally posted by RockySullivan View Post
              Unforgiven is unwatchable. Now fistful of dollarS, for a few more and good the bad & ugly those I could watch over & over.
              Unforgiven won the Oscar for Best Picture. It seems quite a few people found it very watchable. Personally it's probably my favorite Western.

Comment

Originally posted by kensei View Post
                Unforgiven won the Oscar for Best Picture. It seems quite a few people found it very watchable. Personally it's probably my favorite Western.
                Hi Kensei. It's sure my favorite western, and probably my favorite movie along with Wilder's Private life of S.H., Murnau's Nosferatu and a handful of others.

Comment

Originally posted by RockySullivan View Post
                  Unforgiven is unwatchable. Now fistful of dollarS, for a few more and good the bad & ugly those I could watch over & over. If your reading about Hardin check out Hardin wouldn't run by johnny Ca$h
                  Hi Rocky. I will. Thanks !

Comment

Originally posted by kensei View Post
                    Winning the best picture oscar is a good indicator of how bad a movie is

Comment

Ok, you don't like Unforgiven, we've understood.

Comment

Ok, you don't like Unforgiven, we've understood.
                        Lol sorry how bout hang em high...I like the spaghettis..Franco Nero vs Eastwood.. Django vs blondie who wins...whose faster?

Comment

Sure, I like spaghetti too... and I'm truly surprised you find Unforgiven boring.

Comment

Now spaghetti, "They call me Trinity".

I also liked the Good the Bad and the Ugly and For a Fistful of Dollars, but Unforgiven was great as well.
                            G U T

Comment

Unforgiven is not really to be compared.
                              It's just splendid, deep, and the final scene is a pure jewel.
                              As well as the "nodody killed Ned" scene.
                              And many others...

Comment

Working...
                              X