The Missing Evidence - New Ripper Documentary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
    And there we are! When our arguments do not suffice to make a good counter-case, we turn to jesting instead. When frustration of not being able to pick holes in a theory gets the better of us, we turn ten years old again, pointing fingers and chanting rhymes.

The stage is yours, gentlemen.

Fisherman
    Boy I thought the whole thread was a jest, sorry about that but I haven't seen any serious evidence yet.
    G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• She still bled as Mizen saw her, at around 3.50. That is twenty minutes after the train went by. And five minutes after Lechmere left the body.
      I'm guessing Lilley heard another prostitute being murdered. I wonder what happened to her?

Are we looking at a double double event here??

Comment

• Originally posted by Sally View Post
        It's 'Team Lechmere' actually. At least that's what the Crossmere camp say.

Tsk! It's always best to get things right - stick to the evidence, you know?
        So should I have dubbed him a Team Lechmerian, or what s the title of a member of the band.
        G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• Originally posted by GUT View Post
          So we have Paul kneeling again, for which there s no evidence. But that's right supposition and conjecture rule.
          From the Times of the 18:th of September 1888, Robert Paul speaking:

Witness felt her hands and face, and they were cold. He knelt down to see if he could hear her breathe, but could not,

Never mind apologizing for your mistake, Gut. I´m fine with having it said that my case is based on conjecture and supposition only. As long as I am - over and over again - able to put those who say so to shame, everything is as it should be.

I´m off for now, since the quality of the discussion has once again dropped dramatically.

All the best,
          Fisherman

Comment

• And Cross never used the name Cross

And he may have visited his mother at strange times

and he was controlling

and he hated his step father

and his mother was domineering

and he kept changing his route to work

and the police made no inquiries at all

and he didn't give his home address, in spite of a newspaper listing it

And not one piece of that is conjecture.
            G U T

Comment

MORE jesting?
              Not entirely. I think you should have a go at Djb's question. Not if it's too hard for you, though. I'll bet you can't think of a better answer than mine, anyway!

Comment

I´m off for now, since the quality of the discussion has once again dropped dramatically.
                Brave Sir Robin is followed by his favourite minstrels who sing odes to his great brave deeds.Singalong from the Deluxe Edition DVD to Monty Python and the H...

Comment

• GUT
                  Pay attention. Did you win any of your 100 cases? I doubt it. Again for you, the kneeling is in The Times

Comment

• And now we have a noisy brewery drowning out Paul's 7% faster steps, but going strangely quiet when Thane passes.
                    The desperate excuses get more and more inventive.

Comment

• DJB
                      My guess is he picked her up in Whitechapel Road as you describe but who knows? Maybe she had turned down Brady Street and he met her there. Maybe she had wandered around to a back street to go to the toilet. There are any number of possibilities that could have taken Nichols to Bucks Row - whoever did it and Lechmere had he opportunity whatever scenario you prefer.

Moonbeggar
                      Lilley says she heard noises around and after 3,30 - she didn't say she heard the murder.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lechmere View Post
                        GUT
                        Pay attention. Did you win any of your 100 cases? I doubt it. Again for you, the kneeling is in The Times
                        Which actually shows just how little you know, but I already knew that from the BS YOU TRY TO PEDDLE about Cross, see if you wanna get nasty I'll take the gloves off too.

To put it bluntly you have not bought a single piece of evidence to the table, your whole case is based on if Cross is a killer he would have therefore he did, it is called circular logic.

You asked over and over was I a Barrister yes I am, are you. Do you have any experience in assessing evidence? Other than in ripperology.

Have you ever prosecuted a case? Have you ever appeared in Court for someone who skinned their partner and cooked the remains, have you ever been asked to consider appointment as a Judge? Well when you've ticked those boxes I'll g I've a rats about what you think about my ability as a Barrister until then grow up.
                        G U T

Comment

• Originally posted by GUT View Post
                          And Cross never used the name Cross

And he may have visited his mother at strange times

and he was controlling

and he hated his step father

and his mother was domineering

and he kept changing his route to work

and the police made no inquiries at all

and he didn't give his home address, in spite of a newspaper listing it

And not one piece of that is conjecture.
                          To be fair, I think Ed's conceded that at least some of it is conjecture. At least, that's what I understood from his earlier response to my questions regarding Crossmere's alleged personality and familial circumstances.

I could be wrong, though. It has appeared to me in the past that these claims have been made in terms of virtual certitude - fiction dressed up as fact again.

But perhaps I'm being ungracious and that can be accounted for by the exuberant enthusiasm of Team Lechmere.

Comment

• To put it bluntly you have not bought a single piece of evidence to the table, your whole case is based on if Cross is a killer he would have therefore he did, it is called circular logic.
                            Indeed - in the land of the circles, faith rules supreme.

Comment

• Don't talk to me about desperation Ed.

Why did Lechmere only hear Paul at forty yards when Neil heard Thain at 120?

Comment

• If he wasn't the killer than he was the unluckiest person in the world, because he suddenly developed some sort of habit of always passing by as somebody was killed in those streets. - Christer Holmgren

This is what you call desperation. When your suspect is as weak Lechmere, all sorts of lies and misleading comments need to be made to make him sound plausible.

Comment

Working...
                                X