No announcement yet.

The Missing Evidence - New Ripper Documentary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The question is....what was Polly Nichols doing in Bucks Row? according to the Lechmere killer theory, she must have wandered into Bucks Row at just the wrong moment @ 3.37 to have met and been instantly attacked by Lechmere who was on his way to work.
    But why would she have wandered into these virtually empty back streets. She was last seen walking up Whitechapel high street from osborn street one hour earlier. She wanted to earn or beg a few coins and then return to her lodgings in flower and dean street. Yet bucks row is in the opposite direction. She has already walked a long way in the wrong direction along Whitechapel High street. There seems little reason to head into the scary back streets unless she has been taken there having already met her killer perhaps somewhere in the vicinity of the hospital and the railway station. Maybe they were hoping to enter Brown's yard.
    Maybe the killer used the cover of the sound of a passing train to launch his attack. I would contend that he then hears Lechmere approaching and makes his own escape, having been interrupted before he could disembowel his victim.

Thoughts?

Comment

• Originally posted by Djb View Post
      Thoughts?
      Yes. I reckon I can do this Lechmerianism thing as well as the others.

We only have Cross/Lechmere's word that his route to work was along Buck's Row. But being a serial killer, he was lying about that. In fact, his route lay along Whitechapel Road, he picked up Nichols there and went to Buck's Row with her, and murdered her there. He only claimed Buck's Row was on his route to work so that he could explain why Paul found him crouching evilly over the body.

Comment

• Except to do that he would have ended up walking the wrong way along bucks row back towards his own house.

Comment

• Polly was murdered as the 3.30 goods train rolled by according to Lilly .

Comment

• Originally posted by moonbegger View Post
            Polly was murdered as the 3.30 goods train rolled by according to Lilly .
            Now of course we need to ignore than one because it doesn't fit.

It might also explain how they didn't hear each other.
            G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• Originally posted by Djb View Post
              Except to do that he would have ended up walking the wrong way along bucks row back towards his own house.
              But Paul didn't see him walking. Only crouching evilly and slavering over the body.

[Unaccountably there is no mention in the inquest reports of the slavering, but I think we can be sure he said that, because it's the kind of question coroners invariably ask when someone is found crouching evilly over the body of a murder victim.]

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris View Post
                Yes. I reckon I can do this Lechmerianism thing as well as the others.

We only have Cross/Lechmere's word that his route to work was along Buck's Row. But being a serial killer, he was lying about that. In fact, his route lay along Whitechapel Road, he picked up Nichols there and went to Buck's Row with her, and murdered her there. He only claimed Buck's Row was on his route to work so that he could explain why Paul found him crouching evilly over the body.
                Originally posted by Chris View Post
                But Paul didn't see him walking. Only crouching evilly and slavering over the body.

[Unaccountably there is no mention in the inquest reports of the slavering, but I think we can be sure he said that, because it's the kind of question coroners invariably ask when someone is found crouching evilly over the body of a murder victim.]

You're right Chris you are good at it and now you say it, it all makes sense.
                G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• Originally posted by GUT View Post
                  You're right Chris you are good at it and now you say it, it all makes sense.
                  I thank you.

It's surprisingly good fun, too. I may be back later to invent more evidence.

Comment

I thank you.

It's surprisingly good fun, too. I may be back later to invent more evidence.
                    I herebye dub thee an honorary Lechmerian.
                    G U T

Comment

• And there we are! When our arguments do not suffice to make a good counter-case, we turn to jesting instead. When frustration of not being able to pick holes in a theory gets the better of us, we turn ten years old again, pointing fingers and chanting rhymes.

The stage is yours, gentlemen.

Fisherman

Comment

• Fisherman, Fisherman, how ungracious you are! I was only trying to help, even if my contribution was only a pale imitation of the real thing.

Any more of your grumpiness and I'll leave you to answer Djb's question all by yourself. (Though I suppose you'll have the assistance of a Fisherman's Friend.)

Comment

• Originally posted by moonbegger View Post
                          Polly was murdered as the 3.30 goods train rolled by according to Lilly .
                          She still bled as Mizen saw her, at around 3.50. That is twenty minutes after the train went by. And five minutes after Lechmere left the body.
                          Llewellyn says that she had not been dead for more than half an hour, and he would have stated that in the vicinity of 4.10. Paul saw no blood, but at a later stage we know that it was observed that blood ran into the gutter close to the area where Paul would have kneeled.

If you want to throw that overboard, be my guest.

The best,
                          Fisherman

Comment

Fisherman, Fisherman, how ungracious you are! I was only trying to help, even if my contribution was only a pale imitation of the real thing.

Any more of your grumpiness and I'll leave you to answer Djb's question all by yourself. (Though I suppose you'll have the assistance of a Fisherman's Friend.)
                            MORE jesting?

Fisherman

Comment

• Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
                              She still bled as Mizen saw her, at around 3.50. That is twenty minutes after the train went by. And five minutes after Lechmere left the body.
                              Llewellyn says that she had not been dead for more than half an hour, and he would have stated that in the vicinity of 4.10. Paul saw no blood, but at a later stage we know that it was observed that blood ran into the gutter close to the area where Paul would have kneeled.

If you want to throw that overboard, be my guest.

The best,
                              Fisherman
                              So we have Paul kneeling again, for which there s no evidence. But that's right supposition and conjecture rule.
                              G U T

Comment

• I herebye dub thee an honorary Lechmerian.
                                It's 'Team Lechmere' actually. At least that's what the Crossmere camp say.

Tsk! It's always best to get things right - stick to the evidence, you know?

Comment

Working...
                                X