Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Berner Street Help and witness question

Hello all,

I am wondering if you can help me with some matters. Berner Street is accessible from Commercial Road in the following ways:

Down Berner Street.
    Then to the *East* (right?) are Christian and Batty Street.
    Then to the *West* Back Church Lane.

From the last three one would cut through Fairclough Street most likely to the site which is Dutfield's Yard (which is on the West of Berner Street?).

It seems very likely to me that Jack was loitering around Fairclough Street junction and maybe accessed via some of these roads. However, one witness, 'William Marshall, a laborer, sees her on Berner Street. He is standing in the doorway of 64 Berner Street on the west side of the street between Fairclough and Boyd Streets.'

Boyd Street is quite far down, past Fairclough Street junction, so would 64 Berner Street actually be 'lower Berner Street' as per Booth's map? I can't place this the location of this witness at all:
    Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

If Stride was really that far down the street then Jack could have been going South to North which seems at odds with where the other sites are (all to the North of this one barring Mitre Sq which is not too far North of Berner St).

It's not that much further down.....If street numbering runs alternately as usual, it's about 10 houses past Fairclough Street.....

Comment

I cannot thank you enough!

Comment

Working...
      X