Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jack the Ripper consequences.

Hello everyone.

I would like to find out more about some terrible consequences / aftermath that happened to individuals during or soon after the Automn of Terror.

Like, someone who got falsely accused and sent to prison, someone killed by a mob, someone who fell into disgrace and never recovered.

There is the obvious Warren's resignation. But I'm trying to spin this idea trying to find out if there were others who suffered from the events.

For fiction purposes.

Thank you.
    Is it progress when a cannibal uses a fork?
    - Stanislaw Jerzy Lee

Originally posted by SirJohnFalstaff View Post
    Hello everyone.

I would like to find out more about some terrible consequences / aftermath that happened to individuals during or soon after the Automn of Terror.

Like, someone who got falsely accused and sent to prison, someone killed by a mob, someone who fell into disgrace and never recovered.

There is the obvious Warren's resignation. But I'm trying to spin this idea trying to find out if there were others who suffered from the events.

For fiction purposes.

Thank you.
    Wel ischensmidt was arrested and I have found other reports of persons being arrested, but most were released pretty quickly. What about all those poor families never suspected at the time but now having fingers pointed at them?
    G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by SirJohnFalstaff View Post
      Hello everyone.

For fiction purposes.

Thank you.
      Technically, Warren's record was marked by the failure, but he remained elegible for future employment and was second in command (to Sir Redvers Buller) in the early part of the Second Anglo-Boer War (1899 - 1902).

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
        Wel ischensmidt was arrested and I have found other reports of persons being arrested, but most were released pretty quickly. What about all those poor families never suspected at the time but now having fingers pointed at them?
        Not what I'm looking for.
        - Stanislaw Jerzy Lee

Comment

What about Maria Coroner, the young woman who got sent to prison for sending Ripper letters? You could call her a 'victim' of the Whitechapel hysteria along with her own morbid imagination.

Comment

Well John Pizer is an obvious one. Called "Leather Apron," it was taken as all but a given that he was the killer for a while and he had to go into hiding. He must have lost a lot of business after that.

Comment

maybe there was Koz who got locked up because someone else wouldn't swear to him.

Or Cross who had to revert to Lechmere so people would stop bothering him.

G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

In Donald Rumbelow's book he mentioned a case of the police chasing somebody completely unrelated to the murders. An angry mob went after him simply because some bystander yelled "Jack The Ripper!".

Comment

Leather Apron

Hello Kensei. So far as can be determined. Thick was the ONLY one to call Piser "Leather Apron."

Cheers.
                  LC

Comment

Originally posted by gnote View Post
                    In Donald Rumbelow's book he mentioned a case of the police chasing somebody completely unrelated to the murders. An angry mob went after him simply because some bystander yelled "Jack The Ripper!".
                    It's Dew himself who saw the man while he was checking out the Chapman's crime scene. He started running after him, the crowd thought he was the ripper.

They almost assieged the police station. The criminal's nickname was Squibby.
                    - Stanislaw Jerzy Lee

Comment

PC Thompson reproached himself for the rest of his life after he discovered the body of Frances Coles for remaining with her instead of 'chasing after Jack the Ripper'. He was murdered in 1900 so he had some bad luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosella View Post
                        PC Thompson reproached himself for the rest of his life after he discovered the body of Frances Coles for remaining with her instead of 'chasing after Jack the Ripper'. He was murdered in 1900 so he had some bad luck.
                        Oh. I like this.

I also like Dr Thomas Bond's suicide.

I mean, for fiction purposes.

Thanks.
                        - Stanislaw Jerzy Lee

Comment

Working...
                        X