The Truth; part 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jack Finder View Post
    ...All I ask is you wait until all of the evidence is presented before you cast your verdict...
    You better hurry up and present your case. I think I already found your MJK married and still married in 1911.

Comment

Originally posted by MayBea View Post
      You better hurry up and present your case. I think I already found your MJK married and still married in 1911.
      wish I was as clever at finding people as you are MayBea most days I struggle to find me.
      G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Can you go ahead and post it then?

Comment

I think I should give him another day or two; don't you?

I believe in helping people build up their theories before tearing it to shreds.

Then again, maybe it won't make a difference to his theory. Perhaps it's a Mary Survived theory.

Comment

Well...

I think I should give him another day or two; don't you?

I believe in helping people build up their theories before tearing it to shreds.

Then again, maybe it won't make a difference to his theory. Perhaps it's a Mary Survived theory.
            Hi MayBea,

Least we can hope is that Jack Finder isn't trying to peddle a diary!

Amanda

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Finder View Post
              As this is my first time on here, hello everyone.
              First I must refer to my name, before you all, I stand by this title and when i'm finished posting my information, I believe you all will see that I can also walk the walk, we shall see soon.
              On the 11th of November 1999 whilst looking into details of the Whitechapel murders, I came across a routine Government document that said in a few words, mundane information but, to me it shouted wonderful things about Jack. I spent the next 14 years researching the murders with the key I discovered, a key that opened door after door, you will share with me nearly all of what I discovered. The range of evidence that I will display covers nearly every aspect of the killings so I am unable to place it in a single category.
              I will start by giving details of the victims, then details of the murders, I will then tell you who carried out the 5 killings and then start feeding information on him/her then give details and evidence to back up this bold statement. All I ask is you wait until all of the evidence is presented before you cast your verdict, as a goodwill gesture I will show you now details of a Kelly family I found after many, many months of looking into all families of the name Kelly in the whole of the UK, I won't insult you all as to what details are known of Mary Jane Kelly, read what I discovered and then look at the whole picture.
              Census 1871.
              John Kelly head of family married 34 Private (born) 1837 Ireland
              Elizabeth wife " 45 Soldiers wife 1826 Ireland
              Michael son un " 13 Soldiers child 1858 Ireland
              Mary Jane dau " " 9 Soldiers child 1862 Ireland
              Henry son " " 7 Soldiers child 1864 Ireland
              This entry can be found on the 14th and 15th page of the census for The Royal Marine Barracks, Portsea, Hampshire.
              Then in 1881 census I discovered this entry.
              Henry Kelly, Gunner RM Artillery, unmarried age 20 born Ireland
              Head of Household, Archibald Gillespie, Royal Marine Barracks Eastney (8th Co), Portsea Hampshire.
              Part 2 soon.
              With all due respect Ive been around here for about 10 years and Ive seen announcements like this more than once.

The fact that the wife is apparently 11 years older than the husband in the above data causes me some concern. I would think that kind of age disparity among married couples of that era would have been unusual, so would be giving birth at 37.

Cheers
              Michael Richards

Comment

1881 census

Hi MayBea,

I think I've found the real MJK married to John Davies, a tin worker at the mines in Carmarthenshire in 1881. She was born in 1863 & John was killed in a mining accident shortly after the 1881 census records.
                Does that sound correct?

Amanda

Comment

so would be giving birth at 37.
                  Are you kidding me Michael? My missus gave birth to a (second) set of twins at 42 and only went through the change many years later...it ain't that unusual...so to what abstract LVP age do you ascribe menopause?

All the best

Dave

Comment

My wife managed to squeeze out our last one 6 years ago at the tender age of 40.
                    Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Cogidubnus View Post
                      Are you kidding me Michael? My missus gave birth to a (second) set of twins at 42 and only went through the change many years later...it ain't that unusual...so to what abstract LVP age do you ascribe menopause?

All the best

Dave
                      Hi Dave,

Here is some data on the average age of women giving birth, from the Office of National Statistics, 2014;

"According to the Office for National Statistics a typical woman having a baby in England and Wales is now just weeks short of her 30th birthday while first-time mothers are also older than ever before, at just over 28 years old.......By contrast in the late 1960s and early 1970s more mothers were under 25 than above......in Westernized Countries in the 1800's the poor women tended to marry between 16 and 18 years old and start a family within a year."

What my comments were intended to illustrate is for the times, a woman older than her husband by a decade having a child in both her 36 and 37th year would be considered unusual.

Menopause averages were 40-42 for women in the late 1800's, so you can assume that in 1860, it was likely less than that age.

Cheers
                      Michael Richards

Comment

Originally posted by Amanda View Post
                        Hi MayBea,

I think I've found the real MJK married to John Davies, a tin worker at the mines in Carmarthenshire in 1881. She was born in 1863 & John was killed in a mining accident shortly after the 1881 census records.
                        Does that sound correct?
                        I meant that I believe I found Jackfinder's MJK - the one from Hampshire.

Who can argue with his method - identifying Mary? She is a key to the solution.

I just don't know about his identification or where he's going with it.

Maybe his theory is another Gone Girl!

Comment

Perhaps. Perhaps Jackfinder has gone to another JTR forum!

Comment

Originally posted by Amanda View Post
                            Hi MayBea,

Does that sound correct?

Amanda
                            REALLY ???
                            G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Can I just throw in 2p on the age of mum at birth issue.

I know it's not scientific but I just had a quick glance at my family tree for women born in 1830's to '50's

Age at birth of last child was

27 [died in childbirth]
                              24 [died]
                              22 [died 3 days after birth]

So for the 8 that didn't die in child birth or just after the average is just over 40.

I hope that this is some help.
                              Last edited by GUT; 11-20-2014, 07:29 PM.
                              G U T

Comment

Now age at birth of first child is interesting reading, but I won't post it unless someone want it.
                                G U T

Comment

Working...
                                X