No announcement yet.

Dutfield's Yard Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There was a make-shift gutter running along the wall from the gate to the steps made of stones of various types and sizes. Stride's head was resting on a large, jagged stone. Some blood had pooled on the stone and ran from there into the gutter, where it likely mixed with some rain water from the earlier rains.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Originally posted by drstrange169 View Post
      Excellent work Richard.

Couple of points, according to Blackwell, Mrs Strides face was, "completely towards the wall" and her feet. "almost touched the wall".
      Her feet almost touched the gate, not the wall. Check again.

Cheers
      Michael Richards

Comment

Originally posted by Michael W Richards View Post
        Her feet almost touched the gate, not the wall. Check again.

Cheers
        Wow, this is actually correct. And her feet almost touch the doors of the gate at it's swing, so not the closed gate doors. Imagine the gate was being opened, it would have just missed her feet. Other than this and the things mentioned in my earlier posts, that drawing looks pretty good.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

And herein lies a problem.... According to my calculations, the Dutfield's Yard (Hutchinson's) photo and various maps of the yard, the distance between the cellar grating and the swing of the open gate is 9ft (13.5ft with the closed). If the victim was semi-fetal then she would be about 4 feet from head to feet. There is no way her head could be near the grating with her feet close to the open gate unless she was over 9 ft tall!

So was she lying only 5 feet into the yard and at least 7 feet from the grating or was she near the grating and quite a distance from the open gates?

EDIT: Actually, does it mention ANYWHERE that her head was close to the grating?

Originally posted by Tom_Wescott View Post
          Wow, this is actually correct. And her feet almost touch the doors of the gate at it's swing, so not the closed gate doors. Imagine the gate was being opened, it would have just missed her feet. Other than this and the things mentioned in my earlier posts, that drawing looks pretty good.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott
          Last edited by richardh; 10-28-2014, 01:25 PM.
          JtRmap.com<< JtR Interactive Map
          JtRmap FORM << Use this form to make suggestions for map annotations
          ---------------------------------------------------
          JtR3d.com << JtR 3D & #VR Website

Comment

The grate from the basement? Her head wasn't near the grate as far as I remember. Her overall general location was near it, but not her head, which would have been somewhere between the steps and the grate.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Hello Richard,
              The body position was always going to be problematical.
              If you follow Blackwell's description, as i described before, head facing the wall, feet almost touching the same wall, the rest naturally falls into place.

(The arms are another can of worms;-)

Hello Micheal,
              I don't need to check as that was a direct quote, Blackwell even stresses it twice,
              "... her feet against the wall of the right beside of the yard."
              But you're right the feet were supposed to be close to the swing of the door as well, although exactly how far is another point of contemporary contention.

I wouldn't be quite as dogmatic about it as Tom, but I too believe Mrs Stride's body was possibly moved by people prior to Blackwell's arrival. Since the said doctor has the only description that that was well detailed, you'll probably have to add a caveat that the body position you show is Blackwell's and not necessarily the murder position.
              dustymiller
              aka drstrange

Comment

Just had a quick refresh of the testimonies and Baxter Phillips said that when he arrived he saw the,
                "... face turned towards the wall ... feet close to the wall."

Johnston observed that,
                " ... the knees were nearer the wall than the head."
                dustymiller
                aka drstrange

Comment

If you're facing a wall and your knees are buckled then your feet can not be close to the same wall unless the legs are prostrate from the knee down.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Hello Tom,

Not exact, but you get the idea.
                    Attached Files
                    dustymiller
                    aka drstrange

Comment

• G'day Dusty

Meets the requirements, I think.
                      G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• Originally posted by richardh View Post
                        And herein lies a problem.... According to my calculations, the Dutfield's Yard (Hutchinson's) photo and various maps of the yard, the distance between the cellar grating and the swing of the open gate is 9ft (13.5ft with the closed). If the victim was semi-fetal then she would be about 4 feet from head to feet. There is no way her head could be near the grating with her feet close to the open gate unless she was over 9 ft tall!

So was she lying only 5 feet into the yard and at least 7 feet from the grating or was she near the grating and quite a distance from the open gates?
                        The description of her legs being "drawn up" doesn't necessarily mean in a full fetal position, as shown in the photograph posted. I think that's overdoing it a bit. More likely her legs were bent somewhat at the knees, as expected of a body resting on its side. And I agree with the feet almost touching the edge of the open gate, as noted by one of the witnesses. Just an observation.

John
                        "We reach. We grasp. And what is left at the end? A shadow."
                        Sherlock Holmes, The Retired Colourman

Comment

• Some more screenshots of the victim's position. Lighting is not great. Still working on it.

LINK (because it's a big image!)

Thanks for feedback.

Comment

• Originally posted by richardh View Post
                            Some more screenshots of the victim's position. Lighting is not great. Still working on it.

LINK (because it's a big image!)

Thanks for feedback.
                            Hi, Richardh,

I think these look better than crime scene photographs.
                            I like that you've got the gaslight colour pretty much spot-on.

From what I've read on here and elsewhere, the position for the body looks about right.
                            I think, given that we have descriptions that differ somewhat from each other, there's always going to be a degree of speculation on this matter.
                            I'm certainly no authority in this area but it looks good to me.

I'm really looking forward to some full-Rez renders.

Yours, Caligo.
                            https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/flag_uk.gif "I know why the sun never sets on the British Empire: God wouldn't trust an Englishman in the dark."

Comment

• Hi Richard. You going to put the gutter in?

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

• Yes, Tom, I'll be putting in the gutter.

Originally posted by Tom_Wescott View Post
                                Hi Richard. You going to put the gutter in?

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott
                                On a general note, are those images too dark for some of you? I asked because when i view them on my PC they are light enough to see, but if I view them on various other PC's they are VERY dark. I know they are night shots but I made them light enough to see the details.

like some feedback on this please.

ta

Comment

Working...
                                X