No announcement yet.

Dutfield's Yard Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, here is another raw youtube vid of Dutfield's Yard (V2).

The vid is not very high quality, but jittery etc. but I need feedback so far on the layout of the yard now that I've got it all laid out. There are all sorts of things wrong with it but it's NOT the finished version.

Please tell me what's wrong/right and what should/shouldn't be included etc.

YouTube link

thank you
    JtRmap.com<< JtR Interactive Map
    JtRmap FORM << Use this form to make suggestions for map annotations
    ---------------------------------------------------
    JtR3d.com << JtR 3D & #VR Website

Comment

Some V2 Screenshots for discussion and opinion please:

thanks

V2 Video Link

Comment

G'day Richard

The screenshots look good and can't see anything glaringly wrong.

But You-tube comes up with something like the Video is Private.
        G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Thanks GUT
          I thought I'd set the video as 'unlisted' because I only wanted to show it to casebook.org folk. It was, however, set to private. Sorry. it should work now.

Comment

Hi Richard

I've tried the link but Youtube rejects my attempts stating that your video is "private"...maybe this is just a UK thing? Anybody?

On the "stills" you've published, your revised entrance width is a huge improvement and better represents, I'm sure, the confined nature of the crime scene...however, I would have to query the surface which has been applied to the floor of the yard...

At times this has been questioned by many persons...Stewart and other authoritative commentators have described it in 1888, if I can paraphrase them, as muddy with the occasional stone, (but also with either a path or paved gutter up the right hand side to the doorway)...I'm sure they'll forgive me if I inadvertently misrepresent them, but I think the cobbled surface you portray is that following extensive improvements carried out subsequent to 1888...

All the best

Dave

Comment

Thanks Cogidubnus
              this is exactly what I want. Some feedback. I agree entirely. The floor of the yard has been a bit of an after-thought AND a bit problematic. I'll be working on that aspect for sure.

Also, the vid should now play. I set it to 'private' by mistake.

Originally posted by Cogidubnus View Post
              Hi Richard

I've tried the link but Youtube rejects my attempts stating that your video is "private"...maybe this is just a UK thing? Anybody?

On the "stills" you've published, your revised entrance width is a huge improvement and better represents, I'm sure, the confined nature of the crime scene...however, I would have to query the surface which has been applied to the floor of the yard...

At times this has been questioned by many persons...Stewart and other authoritative commentators have described it in 1888, if I can paraphrase them, as muddy with the occasional stone, (but also with either a path or paved gutter up the right hand side to the doorway)...I'm sure they'll forgive me if I inadvertently misrepresent them, but I think the cobbled surface you portray is that following extensive improvements carried out subsequent to 1888...

All the best

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Cogidubnus View Post
                Hi Richard

All the best

Dave
                Hi Dave,

I've heard this before and never really understood how the gutter would have worked if the main part of the yard was bare earth. With frequent vehicular traffic the centre of the yard would have become rutted and rain would have settled there, not run to the margins to be drained away by the gutter.

MrB

Comment

Hi Richard,

Your recreation of Dutfield's Yard is an astonishing piece of work.

Apart from its wealth of detail I liked its eeriness and sense of suspense. I was fully convinced someone was about to appear out of a doorway.

Well done. Absolutely first rate.

Regards,

Simon
                  Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

Richard, I just want to echo what Simon said. Brilliant job. Either police or one of the doctors mentioned a gutter alongside the building where the body was. I think it was in connection with the flow of blood. I didn't notice any mistakes in your video, by the way.

John
                    "We reach. We grasp. And what is left at the end? A shadow."
                    Sherlock Holmes, The Retired Colourman

Comment

G'day Richard

I'll post as I come to them.

At about 0.50 you have a grate in the wall, I always thought that it was in the ground, providing light access to the basement, but I may well be wrong.
                      G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

The doors on the left at 1.20 may need another step, only because as it is that grate seems higher than the floor and if so would thus open into the room.
                        G U T

Comment

On 2nd look the grate at 0.50 might be low enough.

No hand rail on the stairs?
                          G U T

Comment

Other than those very minor points, all I can say is stop showing off.
                            G U T

Comment

Just wanted to say what amazing work this video is and how illustrative. Really well done and thanks for sharing this with everyone. It is very appreciated.

Comment

Stunning work. Is it possible to render in colour or even provide a night version? No rush. Just curious as I love these.

Comment

Working...
                                X