Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jack the Ripper and Black Magic: Victorian Conspiracy Theories, Secret Societies and

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have to say that of all the books Ive read about Jack the Ripper, The LVP and the Irish Self Rule Movement, none of them were as eagerly anticipated than this upcoming one of yours Simon.

I believe I could guess who among the members here will challenge the very idea of a book like this, but I think I know Simon well enough to state that he's quite capable of dealing with their questions. And assumptions.

Just let me know when its going to be available please Simon, I'll be happy to lay out some dough for it.

Cheers
    Michael Richards

Comment

• Jack the Ripper must be one of the few instances where I *DON'T* wish it to be a conspiracy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Simon Wood View Post
        Nor even a complimentary copy.

Regards,

Simion
        Simon, you spelled Simeon wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by tji View Post
          Lol, has this actually worked for you yet Scott?
          Yes, Tracy. Spiro sent me a copy of his fine book. Simon should do the same. Still working on Monty, Rob and Wescott.

Comment

• Hi Scott,

Get it together, old chap. I spelled Simon wrong.

No freebie for you.

Regards,

Simon
            Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

• Simon's pimping his book on Spiro's thread. Now that's what I call renegade Ripperology.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

• Hi Tom,

Because I don't get out much, I had to look up "pimping."

Apparently it's another word for "awesome, radical or cool."

Thanks.

Regards,

Simon
                Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

• Originally posted by Simon Wood View Post
                  Hi Spiro,

"How could an ordinary Victorian serial killer create so much official chaos and obfuscation from senior police officials well into the 20th century?"

That's a very interesting question.

It has an even more interesting answer, which is the subject of my forthcoming book "Deconstructing Jack: The Secret History of the Whitechapel Murders."

I trust you're well.

Regards,

Simon
                  I'm well thanks, and hope you are too.

Best wishes for your book, great to see others are looking more closely at this Victorian mystery. Though I'm not sure why the Whitechapel murders need deconstructing when the official story is not that well constructed to begin with.

Happy Xmas all...
                  Jack the Ripper Writers -- An online community of crime writers and historians.

http://ripperwriters.aforumfree.com

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...nd-black-magic

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Comment

• So many books, so little money.....

Good luck with Deconstructing Jack Simon, although in the fact packed movie Shanghai Knights, Oliver Cotton plays Jack in a quick cameo and as always he is gentleman Jack with his top hat, so miles to go.
                    All the best.

Comment

• I'd really like to read this book since Tom Westcostt's amazon review says it contains a lot of newspaper quotes on black magic from the ripper time. Does it focus on the torso murders at all? 36 dollars on amazon...jeez that sure is alot when most ripper books can be had for a penny!

Comment

• Originally posted by RockySullivan View Post
                        I'd really like to read this book since Tom Westcostt's amazon review says it contains a lot of newspaper quotes on black magic from the ripper time. Does it focus on the torso murders at all? 36 dollars on amazon...jeez that sure is alot when most ripper books can be had for a penny!
                        Did I say that? It's been a long time. A lot of it is about D'Onston, who was not the Ripper, so is old news. What I liked about it was it's inclusion of a lot of little nuggets that tend to get skipped over in standard Ripper literature. It has nothing that I can remember on the torso murders. For that there are, as you know, two published books, built almost exclusively from newspaper reports. Aside from that there's a written but unpublished book by S. Ryan Gouriet.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

• Thanks Tom, id like to learn more about d'onston. His suspect dr. Morgan Davies intrigues me. It's strange that he would suspect a dr working at the London hospital wasn't he living there? Must've been pretty freaked out to think the dr was the ripper! What was it that him thinking this guy was the ripper?

Comment

• Hi Rocky

Check out Spooked Turnip about the Golden Dawn in Bradford, and the terrifying Jack The Ripper threat the Cahill's suffered in December 1888.
                            Forget about the Golden Dawn, just look at that location.

Spooky yeah?

All the best.

Comment

• Sounds interesting mr Wilson... I assume your talking bout a letter? I'm reading Letters from hell so I'll have to keep an eye for that as I'm not familiar with it

Comment

• Hi Rocky

Spooked Turnip is a website and includes an article from 1888 about what appears to be a ripper hoax, although whoever did it has gone above and beyond.
                                I believe the esteemed gentleman whose book is the subject of the thread has ruled out any involvement of The Golden Dawn in the ripper murders, as in my own pitiful way have I.
                                I just didn't want you to read 'occult' and chase a red herring, the spooky coincidence is in the location.
                                All the best.

Comment

Working...
                                X