A problem with the "Eddowes Shawl" DNA match

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Chris View Post
    Eh? You were the one who referred to them - how should I know who you meant?
    I have made it quite clear, many times, whom I meant when using the term "experts". Namely experts in DNA analysis. If you don't know who I meant, then I'm assuming you were referring to some other branch of expertise.

Comment

I thought that's what you were suggesting.

Look - the last thing I said before your intervention, was that I thought we should wait for more information from Dr Louhelainen about this. Debs and Fantasio agreed. Apparently you agree too.

Let's all do that, then, and not waste any more time arguing.
      I was suggesting no such thing. Of course I think we should wait until Dr Louhelainen speaks further on the subject. It's what I've been saying all along. It's only now that others have taken my advice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Observer View Post
        Of course I think we should wait until Dr Louhelainen speaks further on the subject.
        Good - let's do so then!

Comment

• Ok, lets do that!

Comment

I stuck my beak in? It's a public forum is it not? It's exactly what I want to do, and I have every right to advise you to leave it to the experts. By the way, are you aware that it against forum policy to address a poster as "you"?
            Against forum policy to use "you" to address a poster when criticising that is.

Comment

Against forum policy to use "you" to address a poster when criticising that is.
              That's amazing, actually. What are we supposed to do, refer to "the honourable member" or something?

Comment

• In fairness, it's a very mild, and tactful version of informing poster's not to insult one's fellow poster's.

Comment

• I stuck my beak in? It's a public forum is it not? It's exactly what I want to do, and I have every right to advise you to leave it to the experts. By the way, are you aware that it against forum policy to address a poster as "you"?
                  It is, isn't it Obs? so people have as much right to ask question's as other's have to ignore them

Tracy
                  It's not about what you know....it's about what you can find out

Comment

In fairness, it's a very mild, and tactful version of informing poster's not to insult one's fellow poster's.
                    And you felt I insulted your highness?

Comment

• Originally posted by tji View Post
                      It is, isn't it Obs? so people have as much right to ask question's as other's have to ignore them

Tracy
                      Absolutely. I'm glad my advice has finally been taken though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Debra A View Post
                        And you felt I insulted your highness?
                        Adhering to the policy of the forum yes. You referred to me as "you" followed by a criticism. Any time you're passing by the way pop into the palace.

Comment

Adhering to the policy of the forum yes. You referred to me as "you" followed by a criticism. Any time you're passing by the way pop into the palace.
                          Was the insulting post from Debs deleted or something? The one you quoted did not have an insult in it. Come on, Obsy, you're better than this.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

I think if this is the way things are going on Casebook, I feel inclined to take a break from posting.

Comment

I think if this is the way things are going on Casebook, I feel inclined to take a break from posting.
                              I honestly couldn't blame you, Chris. You've done an admirable job of handling the numerous insults tossed your way.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

• Me too.
                                There should be an infraction system for trolls and people here solely to goad others into comitting an infraction.
                                Last edited by Debra A; 10-02-2014, 12:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X