The Babysitter/Snow Killer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sdreid View Post
    According to the Wiki article, Gacy's DNA doesn't match though.
    It's about as hard to argue against DNA as it is to argue against fingerprints.
    This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

DNA only comes up short when it comes to identical twins in the inclusive sense.

Stan Reid

Comment

I don't know of any twin suspects here so that DNA hitch wouldn't be an issue.

Stan Reid

Comment

As I recall, there are no fingerprints in the case.

Stan Reid

Comment

Originally posted by sdreid View Post
            According to the Wiki article, Gacy's DNA doesn't match though.
            And the victims don't match either.

Stan Reid

Comment

And, not just because some of the victims were female.

Stan Reid

Comment

Hi Stan

It's about as hard to argue against DNA as it is to argue against fingerprints.
                In the UK at least, fingerprint evidence is now held in slightly less total trust than it was, with the recognition that much fingerprint evidence is interpretational, and that interpretation can be as much art as science.

I think the Shirley McKie case would interest you Stan...it did me. This link takes you to a page with links to the hearings, the official inquiry and the report.

http://www.thefingerprintinquiryscot...nquiry/25.html

Hope you can spare a few hours for a really good read...

All the best

Dave

Comment

Yes, there was a case here where it's been argued that the print was open to interpretation so to speak. I think that a clear print is pretty conclusive if there's no other good explanation for it being there but, in the real world, the prints aren't always clear.

Stan Reid

Comment

As I recall, the chance of two people having the same fingerprint is around one in 86 billion.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Originally posted by sdreid View Post
                      As I recall, the chance of two people having the same fingerprint is around one in 86 billion.
                      I don't know what system that is based on.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Originally posted by sdreid View Post
                        The Wiki article says 64 billion so perhaps I remembered wrong or was misinformed.

Stan Reid

Comment

• The variation might be the number of points of comparison that a certain jurisdiction requires.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Since most crime scene fingerprints are less than perfect, I doubt that the 64 billion figure holds up in the field.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Just random thoughts I have while pondering this case:

Maybe the wife (pr mother..) went out of town a few weeks, following Xmas every year? Like, she goes off to visit rellies interstate, and so otherwise severely repressed pedo hubby/son has a chance to vent his sick fantasies for a while.

Also, could be OCD? That's some excessive attention to cleaning. Maybe showing he cared for the kids while he had them was important to him, "I might be sick/a killer but I'm not a monster"..

Considering that only the boys were raped, and only with 'an object' the killer could be impotent. Or maybe just got his thrills from that kind of violation, and pleased himself later. Maybe he had all the desire there for little boys, but was too self-disgusted to actually rape them. Thinking too - taking and keeping and killing girls, too, might have been a way for him to try to convince himself he wasn't into little boys, really..

Dunno how Gacy was ever a suspect, completely different MO, victim base, etc.

If it should ever turn out that "Allen" (of the kooky letters) *was* the killer, I will bet you all a nice bottle of Aussie merlot that there was no "Frank". What got my attention with these letters is the whiny, guilty tone accompanied by a complete abnegation of responsibility, something I've seen in interviews with some pedos. I don't actually see this behaviour as necessarily 'taunting', perhaps it was a manifestation of guilt. I think "Frank" was probably a fantasy, in any case. Just has that ring to it.

I note with these letters too, "Allen" is careful to make it known that that "Frank" is kinda-sorta-but-not-really a pedo (though obviously, molestation happened).. kind of fits with my thoughts above.

Apologies for the brain dump.
                              Last edited by Ausgirl; 01-12-2015, 12:28 AM.

Comment

• Gacy did rape boys but he also seemed just as satisfied to rape young men so I don't think he was technically a pedophile; a male-ophile perhaps.

Stan Reid

Comment

Working...
                                X