Clear All

• Claude

Hello Jason. Who's Claude? (heh-heh)

Cheers.
    LC

Comment

• Originally posted by MrBarnett View Post
      Hi Rocky,

I think it's highly unlikely that Jack was acquainted with all the police beats in Whitechapel, Spitalfields, St George in The East and The City. It's much more likely that the women were the local experts. This would explain why the locations, while secluded enough for a quick transaction of business, were a bit risky from the killer's point of view.

MrB
      would the ripper risk his fate on the judgement of a drunk prostitute? Or he would he pick the perfect spot, stalk the spot closely and watch what prostitutes use it or business...then when the chance is right...approach the woman and have her bring him to the spot he's actually chosen

Comment

• Perfect spots? Hanbury Street? Dutfields Yard?

MrB

Comment

• Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
          Hello Jason. Who's Claude? (heh-heh)

Cheers.
          LC
          My favourite author you must have heard of the classic book Tiger in the bed by Claude balls.
          Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

Perfect spots? Hanbury Street? Dutfields Yard?

MrB
            He was able to accomplish the murders and get away...although berner st seems like an unlikely choice if he planned to eviscerate stride...maybe he only planned to kill stride

Comment

• Rocky,

I wonder how many secluded spots were used by prostitutes in the LVP East End. Hundreds at least, possibly thousands. Did Jack survey them all, stop watch and notebook in hand, before he launched his career?

Or did he just have a quick look in both directions before whipping out the knife?

The idea of a geographically omniscient Jack strikes me as the last vestige of Jack the Myth. We've got rid of the top hat and silk lined cape, why not ditch this nonsense?

MrB

Comment

• Originally posted by Amanda View Post

Notice you didn't pick up on my 'P.S' note that I might actually have found out exactly what the bloody thing is, so I'll keep that gem to myself.
                Forum might just gave lost a damned good researcher.

Amanda
                G'day Amanda

It's 6.30 am here in Oz, and I'm only just catching up.

Here on the forums some people tend to shoot first and (maybe) ask questions afterwards. A few are just a pain in the arse. I've had the odd stoush myself with the odd person, both here and in jtrforums, but they are all okay really. The tiny handful of obvious nutters you just ignore. People sometimes use the wrong word - I've done it myself.

It does take a bit of getting used to but all I can say is - don't let the bastards grind you down - as Harry Trueman once said in bastardized Latin. Keep up the good research work.
                Mick Reed

Whatever happened to scepticism?

Comment

Rocky,

I wonder how many secluded spots were used by prostitutes in the LVP East End. Hundreds at least, possibly thousands. Did Jack survey them all, stop watch and notebook in hand, before he launched his career?

Or did he just have a quick look in both directions before whipping out the knife?

The idea of a geographically omniscient Jack strikes me as the last vestige of Jack the Myth. We've got rid of the top hat and silk lined cape, why not ditch this nonsense?

MrB
                  it's more likely he had familiarity with the specific murder sites and he felt comfortable there. I think he knew them very well and thats why he chose them as opposed to the countless other spots used by prostitutes

Comment

Fish/Wink,

Don't keep us in suspenders, what were these 'tasks'?

Wrong thread, I know, but I'm intrigued.

MrB
                    Sorry to be so secretive, Mr Barnett, but I won´t glean anything more just yet. All in due course, however!

And as you say, it´s the wrong thread anyway.

All the best,
                    Fisherman

Comment

• Originally posted by RockySullivan View Post
                      it's more likely he had familiarity with the specific murder sites and he felt comfortable there. I think he knew them very well and thats why he chose them as opposed to the countless other spots used by prostitutes
                      Presumably he wasn't expecting 'Cross' and Paul to be running a bit late through Bucks Row that morning. Obviously, if you take the trouble to learn the police beats you also need to identify the regular work routes through your favoured spots.

MrB

Comment

• Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
                        Sorry to be so secretive, Mr Barnett, but I won´t glean anything more just yet. All in due course, however!

And as you say, it´s the wrong thread anyway.

All the best,
                        Fisherman
                        Say no more, Fish. I seem to be 'Cross' threading quite a bit tonight.

To be honest, I'd forgotten there were any topics other than Shawlgate.

MrB

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris View Post
                          I don't think it's a good thing to suggest people are guilty of fraud without evidence.
                          Round and round the mulberry bush.

Fraud involves deliberate fabrication of evidence. DNA fraud requires fabrication of scientific evidence that few people would know how to do.

I cannot, for one moment, imagine that Jari Louhelainen and his scientific colleagues would get involved in that. Yes, I know some scientists have done it before and when they've been found out their reputations have gone down the gurgler.

This job, for Jari and co., was just a sideshow to their main activity. It makes zero sense that they'd deliberately fabricate something.

Even Edwards seems an unlikely fraudster to me - naïve, excitable, eye on the main chance - all of those and more. But he just doesn't seem bright enough to me to put all this together.

No, we are much better off avoiding the F word and concentrating on the much more obvious avenues, namely, Edwards's research is poor (or non-existant); his interpretation of evidence worse; and the scientific evidence is not fully known yet.
                          Mick Reed

Whatever happened to scepticism?

Comment

Presumably he wasn't expecting 'Cross' and Paul to be running a bit late through Bucks Row that morning. Obviously, if you take the trouble to learn the police beats you also need to identify the regular work routes through your favoured spots.

MrB
                            Your right I think it's very likely he watched who walked all along those routes at the time of the night. To me the ripper shows signs of being a calculating stalker

Comment

• Has anyone ever been able to look up who might have been detained the same day as eddowes before her murder...possibly for public intoxication or a minor offense. Unlikely but still worth a look. IMO the ripper would be someone with prior assaults on prostitutes

Comment

• Originally posted by mickreed View Post
                                G'day Amanda

It's 6.30 am here in Oz, and I'm only just catching up.

Here on the forums some people tend to shoot first and (maybe) ask questions afterwards. A few are just a pain in the arse. I've had the odd stoush myself with the odd person, both here and in jtrforums, but they are all okay really. The tiny handful of obvious nutters you just ignore. People sometimes use the wrong word - I've done it myself.

It does take a bit of getting used to but all I can say is - don't let the bastards grind you down - as Harry Trueman once said in bastardized Latin. Keep up the good research work.
                                I just want to clarify again that my post that upset Amanda was not directed at her but Amanda Sumner . However, when this Amanda responded to me I was confused and replied thinking I was responding to Amanda Sumner.

I'm very sorry for the confusion and very sorry if I upset either Amanda as that wasn't my intention. And I especially feel bad that this Amanda still thinks I was criticizing her when I wasn't at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X