Theory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Theory

I am working on a theory regarding the writing on the wall, does anybody know of any published articles in the news papers, or any published police theory about Jack being a Jew prior to the double murder on 29 SEPTEMBER 1888?

My theory is Jack did write the message on the wall, and IF I am right I would make for a interesting insight into the killers mind. "The Juwes are the men that would be blamed for nothing."

Central to my theory is the killer was not Jewish, but was angered by the thought that he might be considered to be Jewish. If it was published or word got out that the police were investigating Jews it would have prompted Jack to write the message on the wall. Not only that but it seemed to be taunting police in true Jack the Ripper fashion.

So if Jack the Ripper was not Jewish, but wanted the throw the police of his scent why wouldn't he keep quiet about not being Jewish? The answer is simple, I believe that Jack was a psychopath with Narcissistic tendencies. Also anti-Semitism has a long tradition in Europe it is possible that Jack had a prejudice against Jews. If this is true Jack would become angered at the thought that a Jew might take credit for his "work."

Thoughts?
    Last edited by dahler101; 09-21-2014, 11:53 PM.

There were a lot of Jewish descriptions of Leather Apron before the name Jack The Ripper was coined.
    There Will Be Trouble! http://www.amazon.co.uk/A-Little-Tro...s=T.+E.+Hodden

Comment

As per the GSG, I have to subscribe to the belief that if Jack did have a message to convey, he would've done in at 13 Miller's Court.

Comment

after some reading I found that JtR graffitis were not a rare sight in whitechapel.

Some were found in Buck's Row and Hanbury Street, after the murders.

I don't think JtR wrote any of them. I can't see how the GSG is specific to the murders.
        Is it progress when a cannibal uses a fork?
        - Stanislaw Jerzy Lee

Comment

Originally posted by SirJohnFalstaff View Post
          after some reading I found that JtR graffitis were not a rare sight in whitechapel.

I don't think JtR wrote any of them. I can't see how the GSG is specific to the murders.
          Can you point us to any of these?
          G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by SirJohnFalstaff View Post

I have to disagree, as a piece of Catherine Eddows clothing (part of her apron i believe was found underneath the writing.

However it is poss that someone other then the Ripper removed the clothing and placed it there and did the chalk writing as a practical joke.

Comment

It's more likely the killer left the apron piece under an unrelated piece of graffiti. The GSG makes no reference to the murder. If a body was found under a modern graffiti tag, of indeterminate age and with no reference to the crime, would you assume the tagger was the killer? If they wanted to leave a message, why not pin it to a body?

In all likelihood, if the killer had used the sink round the corner, no one would have ever heard of the GSG. The killer's probable objective was to clean his hands and dispose of an object that would see them hanged if caught with it. We can't assume they would have seen an existing message, let alone stop and write one.

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
                Can you point us to any of these?
                G'day GUT,

If you can get a copy of Ripperologist 127, there's a photo of some in situ. Otherwise, ask Neil Bell or Rob Clack if they can point you to a copy of the picture. The original article's well worth a read (as always with Ripperologist) as it covers this exact topic. The basic gist is that there was a rash of hoax chalk messages from the killer.

Comment

Originally posted by Disco Stu View Post
                  G'day GUT,

If you can get a copy of Ripperologist 127, there's a photo of some in situ. Otherwise, ask Neil Bell or Rob Clack if they can point you to a copy of the picture. The original article's well worth a read (as always with Ripperologist) as it covers this exact topic. The basic gist is that there was a rash of hoax chalk messages from the killer.
                  G'day Stu

But I understood that they were after the GSG. Or have I got that wrong?
                  G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Your theory is one of the possibilities.The killer also could have been Jewish.The graffito could also have mean - after the anti-Jewish sentiment after the Chapman murder - if you blame Jews it will be for something/something horrific/for a reason not nothing/anything. Sort of childish national/racial pride. We do not know the context. As has been suggested it could also have been unrelated and was just somebody angry at some Jews or racism. How/why the apron was placed there could also influence the opinion whether he wrote it or not. It also could have been a coincidence.
                    I believe he wrote it and he did the extra effort putting the apron there with any type of wiping/soiling secondary.
                    Clearly the first human laws (way older and already established) spawned organized religion's morality - from which it's writers only copied/stole,ex. you cannot kill,rob,steal (forced,it started civil society).
                    M. Pacana

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
                      G'day Stu

But I understood that they were after the GSG. Or have I got that wrong?
                      G'day GUT

Neither right nor wrong. Verifiable cases are hard to find either side of the GSG, as none were photographed and some, perhaps all, were media inventions. Most likely all were hoaxes of one form or another. There were certainly newspaper articles reporting graffiti relating to the case prior to the GSG. The Ripperologist article I mentioned quotes The Echo, 8/9/88 http://www.casebook.org/press_report.../18880908.html (Scroll down to "Writing on the wall")
                      Last edited by Disco Stu; 09-23-2014, 01:05 AM. Reason: added greeting

Comment

Originally posted by Disco Stu View Post
                        It's more likely the killer left the apron piece under an unrelated piece of graffiti. The GSG makes no reference to the murder. If a body was found under a modern graffiti tag, of indeterminate age and with no reference to the crime, would you assume the tagger was the killer? If they wanted to leave a message, why not pin it to a body?

In all likelihood, if the killer had used the sink round the corner, no one would have ever heard of the GSG. The killer's probable objective was to clean his hands and dispose of an object that would see them hanged if caught with it. We can't assume they would have seen an existing message, let alone stop and write one.
                        What if the killer had written the message in the anticipation of a murder, committed the murder then deposited the apron at the scene? the murders would have had to have been planned and calculated enough for him to have an escape route if he were caught in the act like the Stride murder that he committed earlier that night. so he could have deposited the apron while still covered in blood and then, walked away.

Comment

Originally posted by dahler101 View Post
                          What if the killer had written the message in the anticipation of a murder, committed the murder then deposited the apron at the scene? the murders would have had to have been planned and calculated enough for him to have an escape route if he were caught in the act like the Stride murder that he committed earlier that night. so he could have deposited the apron while still covered in blood and then, walked away.
                          Anything's possible, but if so, why not make a more meaningful reference to what they were about to do? The apron piece may never have been spotted.

Comment

For this to be a theory instead of speculation you would need evidence to suggest:
                            1. There is a link between the graffiti and the murder.
                            2. That the graffiti was prepared for the murder as part of a plan.

We have neither. It is more likely that the graffiti was unrelated other than being in a convenient doorway in which to dispose of the apron. I have no doubt that if the chalked missive that happened to litter the doorway had been Kilroy Woz Ere, Wot No Ripper, or discussing the easy virtues of Big Dave the killer would still have tossed the rag aside and some theorists would still have seen it as a message from the killer.

I for one am grateful Banksy has yet to master time travel or we would have all manner of troubles.
                            There Will Be Trouble! http://www.amazon.co.uk/A-Little-Tro...s=T.+E.+Hodden

Comment

I am working on a theory regarding the writing on the wall, does anybody know of any published articles in the news papers, or any published police theory about Jack being a Jew prior to the double murder on 29 SEPTEMBER 1888?

My theory is Jack did write the message on the wall, and IF I am right I would make for a interesting insight into the killers mind. "The Juwes are the men that would be blamed for nothing."

Central to my theory is the killer was not Jewish, but was angered by the thought that he might be considered to be Jewish. If it was published or word got out that the police were investigating Jews it would have prompted Jack to write the message on the wall. Not only that but it seemed to be taunting police in true Jack the Ripper fashion.

So if Jack the Ripper was not Jewish, but wanted the throw the police of his scent why wouldn't he keep quiet about not being Jewish? The answer is simple, I believe that Jack was a psychopath with Narcissistic tendencies. Also anti-Semitism has a long tradition in Europe it is possible that Jack had a prejudice against Jews. If this is true Jack would become angered at the thought that a Jew might take credit for his "work."

Thoughts?
                              HI
                              I think that if anything he wrote it to blame jews (throw off the police)and/or was pissed off by being interrupted jew/s that night.

Comment

Working...
                              X