Holidays calendar of 1888

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holidays calendar of 1888

This is a link to a calendar with holidays of 1888.

United Kingdom 1888 – Customized Calendar with British holidays. Yearly calendar showing months for the year 1888. Calendars – online and print friendly – for any year and month

Like probably some of you, I want to look at the dates of the murders in relation of the moon, week ends, holidays, whatever.

Feel free to add missing holidays observed in 1888, or make correction.

Thanks.
    Is it progress when a cannibal uses a fork?
    - Stanislaw Jerzy Lee

I have a question regarding this. (Sorry, I never saw the older thread where Monty posted this calendar.)

People are saying that the murders occurred during a week end or a holiday.

Am I wrong assuming this isn't the case with MJK? Was Thursday night/ Friday morning part of the week end already?
    Is it progress when a cannibal uses a fork?
    - Stanislaw Jerzy Lee

Comment

Originally posted by SirJohnFalstaff View Post
      I have a question regarding this. (Sorry, I never saw the older thread where Monty posted this calendar.)

People are saying that the murders occurred during a week end or a holiday.

Am I wrong assuming this isn't the case with MJK? Was Thursday night/ Friday morning part of the week end already?
      The Lord Mayor's Holiday
      G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Emma Smith,Martha Tabram and Polly Nichols were Bank Hols and the Double Event and Mary Kelly were on Michaelmas days- or just had beenA as was said Mary Kelly was also on The Lord Mayor Show.Michaelmas was a rent collecting day which may explain the visitation in the morning from Mc Carthy's man.

Comment

Originally posted by Daisyhall1 View Post
          Emma Smith,Martha Tabram and Polly Nichols were Bank Hols and the Double Event and Mary Kelly were on Michaelmas days- or just had beenA as was said Mary Kelly was also on The Lord Mayor Show.Michaelmas was a rent collecting day which may explain the visitation in the morning from Mc Carthy's man.
          The big problem with that Daisy is that Michaelmas day was the day before Bower went to get the rent. These poor blighters paid weekly or even daily.
          G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Polly Nichols wasn't killed on a Bank Holiday and the day of the Lord Mayor's Parade wasn't a holiday.

Comment

Working...
            X