This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Peter Griffith aka gryff View Post
    Thanks for that detailed post Andy - I've been pondering that same time issue.

Dr. Frederick Gordon Brown's Post Mortem report on Eddowes: "It would take at least five minutes."

Dr. George William Sequeira. at Eddowes Inquest: "He agreed with the findings of Dr. Frederick Gordon Brown, but disagreed with Brown's belief that the killer displayed anatomical knowledge. "

Dr. George Bagster Phillips at the Annie Chapman inquest: "He thought he himself could not have performed all the injuries he described, even without a struggle, under a quarter of an hour."

The timings seem to make it difficult to fit in PC Simpson getting there before PC Watkins.

cheers, gryff
    Hey, Gryff

The problem that somebody did do it in the time available, if the witnesses are right about the timings.

So, if it's right that you would need to know how to find the kidney, and you also managed to find and remove it so quickly, then it does suggest, to me, that you knew someone of what you were doing.
    Mick Reed

Whatever happened to scepticism?

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert View Post

MACNAGHTEN : Your name will go on the list.

KOS : Nothing on me either.

MACNAGHTEN : Your name will also go on the list. What is it?

Ah, Robert, a fellow fan.
      Mick Reed

Comment

• Originally posted by Henry Flower View Post
        Wonderful! Stupid boy, Robert!
        Watch out what you say here, they don't like it up 'em.
        Mick Reed

Comment

• Greetings All ,

I've go some highly contentious Conjecture regarding the Provenance of the Shawl .. As some of you may be aware , it was yours truly who unearthed the street name change regarding Mitre Sq witness , Joseph Lawende's home address " 45 Norfolk road " later changed to "Mitchinson road" My Granddad actually lived next door at "#43 " The street and address are still standing today ..

Long story short , there was an old Ex policeman who's family still lived down the street in 1945 .. On checking the Polls I come across the Simpson family! not too many doors down from Lawende's address ..

Could we have a Major Mitre Sq witness living in Islington, the same Police beat as Amos Simpson ??? maybe even the same street ??? a few doors down ???

Needs further investigation ...

Cheerio for now

Moonbegger
          Last edited by moonbegger; 09-18-2014, 03:09 PM.

Comment

• From the article Fisherman linked to:

These genetic markers give us a good chance of telling someone's eye colour. We can predict eye colour with between 70 per cent and 90 per cent accuracy,' says Dr Louhelainen,
            A low of 70 per cent is a long way from the reports that the semen was from a person with dark eyes.
            G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• Originally posted by moonbegger View Post
              Greetings All ,

I've go some highly contentious Conjecture regarding the Provenance of the Shawl .. As some of you may be aware , it was yours truly who unearthed the street name change regarding Mitre Sq witness , Joseph Lawende's home address " 45 Norfolk road " later changed to "Mitchinson road" My Granddad actually lived next door at "#43 " The street and address are still standing today ..

Long story short , there was an old policeman who's family still lived down the street in 1945 .. On checking the Polls I come across the Simpson family! not too many doors down from Lawende's address ..

Could we have a Major Mitre Sq witness living in Islington, the same Police beat as Amos Simpson ??? maybe even the same street ??? a few doors down ???

Cheerio for now

Moonbegger
              G'day Moonbegger

Interesting find, please report back if you find any more about this Simpson.
              G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinkmoon View Post
                Can I be frank and honest with you as there's nobody listening can I just say how absolutely appalled iam that this story has been given so much debate and taken seriously by so many people I would hate to use the word fraudulent so I wont.
                Frank, honest, appalled. That's all admirable! There are few things more conclusive than a really, really strongly-held conviction.

Comment

• Originally posted by Simon Wood View Post
                  Hi All,

I've read Russell Edwards' book.

You can ask me anything you like.

Regards,

Simon
                  Hello Simon,

1. Is there any indication from what the book says that the "Eddowes shawl", as it has been known as since day one many years ago, is infact a skirt as Mr Edwards now calls it?
                  2. If not, have you an educated reason for why he should do so AFTER the book is out?
                  3. Is there any record, anywhere in the book, that shows the "transfer of named ownership" of the "Eddowes shawl" to the "Kosminski shawl" without the flawed assumption after UV testing that Kosminski's semen was possibly on it? In other words- is the pot being called a kettle because of the good Dr's comments?
                  4. As you may know, the good Dr who tested the shawl has in reference to the back cover said and indicated that he feels his findings may now (re the back cover) have been misrepresented (or suchlke). Do you therefore agree that the "impasse" scenario could well happen with this material as has happened with the Diary 20 odd years ago?
                  5. Finally- and thank you for your time- please tell me why in your opinion Kosminski suspect researchers and supporters seem- to these eyes and others- quite content to back this (imho and others) very flawed story? Surely exposure of failings and faults can only harm the Kosminski suspect "cause"? So why not stick with what is known and be happy? It indicates to me that what is known isnt convincing enough on it's own?

Many thanks

Phil
                  Last edited by Phil Carter; 09-18-2014, 03:13 PM.
                  Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
                  Accountability? ....

Comment

• Originally posted by Phil Carter View Post
                    please tell me why in your opinion Kosminski suspect researchers and supporters seem- to these eyes and others- quite content to back this (imho and others) very flawed story?
                    Phil, who are you claiming has "backed" this story? I haven't seen one person do so on this thread.

Comment

• Clarification please..

Originally posted by moonbegger View Post
                      Greetings All ,

Long story short , there was an old Ex policeman who's family still lived down the street in 1945 .. On checking the Polls I come across the Simpson family! not too many doors down from Lawende's address ..

Cheerio for now

Moonbegger
                      Hi Moonbegger,

I don't want to sound dumb but I keep reading about Amos Simpson living in Islington but according to the Census records from 1881 that I've got he lived in St.Pancras at 21 Stanley Buildings.

Is St.Pancras in The district of Islington? I always thought it was closer to King's Cross?

Amanda

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom_Wescott View Post
                        When's the last time you had a date, Krinoid?

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott
                        Well, since we are now down to personal insults since you are losing Tom and can't say things to my face and hide behind a keyboard as if we met you would be in trouble.
                        Yes, I am happily married since you seem to be very interested in that dept, feeling lonely?

Comment

• Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
                          Stewart Evans, though, writes under his own name, Krinoid!

The best,
                          Fisherman
                          I know that

Comment

• Originally posted by Monty View Post
                            Then wallow in your own ignorance.

Monty
                            It will be in its element on here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom_Wescott View Post
                              We're all entitled to our opinions, Krinoid. Ours might be a little more informed than others is all. And we're not selling tickets to get them. For me, it's a simple matter of provenance first. There has to be a historical reason to test an item, or else the results of that test will have no substance. Either that makes sense to you or it doesn't. As for the date of the shawl, I wouldn't be at all surprised if it pre-dates 1888, as do many garments and fashion accessories in existence today.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott
                              So, you are saying in your logic you are more informed than me about the item because you have the same knowledge about it that I have. As long as everyone then says they don't know the date of the shawl and it's not worth testing because you are cheap than fine. You will never know the truth either way. you don't have to bash Edwards to get at me, I told you, I don't believe the book but you are seriously running out of arguments by bashing my sex and him.

Comment

• Hi Phil,

1. If it's a shawl, my Aunt Doris is a Chinaman. If it's a skirt we're looking for a woman with a huge waist and very short legs, or perhaps a miniscule waist and extremely long legs. Of course, it could always be a kilt belonging to the McDaisy or McLily clan.

2. A pathetic attempt to rationalise why CE might have been lugging around this length of material.

3. Not that I noticed.

4. I have a hunch the material may once have been used to wrap the Diary.

5. They've watched too many naff TV documentaries which have fingered Kosminski.

Regards,

Simon
                                Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

Working...
                                X