Mary Malcolm?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mary Malcolm?

What was all that about? Did Mary Malcolm actually believe Liz Stride to be her estranged sister? Was she mentally unwell or simply looking for five minutes of fame? If Liz Stride had been impersonating Elizabeth Watts to swindle money from her, why did Mary Malcolm fail to recognise her own sister? Or does that bring us back to the original point about Mary Malcolm not being 'all there'?

Explanation, please.

Hard to tell at this remove, but judging by her sister's testimony, Mary appeared to be a bit "touched."
    Best Wishes,
    Hunter

When evidence is not to be had, theories abound. Even the most plausible of them do not carry conviction- London Times Nov. 10.1888

Comment

Thanks, Hunter.

I was hoping to hear some theories, but I suppose everyone's more concerned with Shawlgate.

Comment

I think she was confused.

But then again I suspect the poor dear may have been always confused.
        G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

I think she may have 'adopted' relatives for some reason, Harry! It's a while back when I noticed, but I seem to recall that someone she is describing as her father on a census doesn't appear to have been any relation at all. Very odd.

Comment

I must be pushing 500 thread kills by now. I didn't have to mention pubic hair either.

Comment

enumeration

Hello Harry. Have you seen Baxter's enumeration of coincidences between the two ladies?

Cheers.
              LC

Comment

Working...
              X