No announcement yet.

Double event victims - Throat wounds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not one for coinky dinks. Liz Stride has her throat sliced less than an hour before another local woman suffers the same fate (and worse), and we're supposed to believe the two are completely unrelated? I mean what are the chances, really?

Comment

Originally posted by Harry D View Post
      I'm not one for coinky dinks. Liz Stride has her throat sliced less than an hour before another local woman suffers the same fate (and worse), and we're supposed to believe the two are completely unrelated? I mean what are the chances, really?
      If you consider Harry that coincidentally that a third woman was killed by a cut throat on the same night as the Double Event, you might view coincidence differently.

Cheers Harry
      Michael Richards

Comment

Originally posted by Michael W Richards View Post
        If you consider Harry that coincidentally that a third woman was killed by a cut throat on the same night as the Double Event, you might view coincidence differently.
        Sarah Brown's murder really has no bearing on the double-event.

Comment

point

Hello Harry.

"Sarah Brown's murder really has no bearing on the double-event."

Absolutely. And THAT is the whole point. A woman was killed with a knife and her death was unrelated to Mitre sq.

What are the chances? Treble event?

Cheers.
          LC

Comment

Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
            Hello Harry.

Absolutely. And THAT is the whole point. A woman was killed with a knife and her death was unrelated to Mitre sq.

Cheers.
            LC
            I have been saying this for ages that the cutting of the throat was an accepted method of killing in Victorian times and on that basis and that basis alone all of the Whitechapel murders cannot be linked to one killer.

Stride is a clear cut example (no pun intended)

Comment

Hello Harry.

We know that Sarah Brown was not killed by the Ripper, but by her own husband. If anything, she debunks the multiple-killer theory, not buttress it because it's even more amazing that three separate yet similar attacks happen around the same time. Therefore she's out of the equation and my original point stands - what are the chances that two women have their throats cut by an unknown perpetrator less than an hour apart?

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
                And that's what I am trying to find out, what it is, maybe you are onto something I simply cannot find it though.
                Ok, The evidence at the Nichols inquest between the three men Mizen, Cross and Paul doesn't quite corroborate, but in my interpretation of events almost all the information given at the inquest is true (killer changes just two minor details) - effectively the information has become encoded in the form of a latent ambiguity and I believe this can be simply unravelled by dealing with the information in the correct way.

Send me a PM if you're interested.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael W Richards View Post
                  In none of these descriptions a "stab" is mentioned, although "cut" or "incision" is mentioned in 4 of the five.

If you need verification that the language is the issue here, simply review Marthas overview, stabs are certainly mentioned there.
                  The doctor are simply describing the wounds. Repeatedly highlighting the word 'incision' isn't helping us understand anything.

What I am trying to do is attempt to understand how those wounds occurred, and find an explanation that fits with all the evidence, both the medical evidence and the other evidence, for example;- concerning the blood spray or lack off, Stride scarf, etc

I'm trying to work out how the killer attacked the victims, I'm not trying to prove this is a ripper killing, the conclusion is independent from the investigation.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry D View Post
                    Sarah Brown's murder really has no bearing on the double-event.
                    Hi Harry D

Where as the Whitechapel murders are noted for their supernatural silence and efficiency, John Brown created that much noise killing his wife that the neighbours came to investigate. The idea that this should be held up as some sort of equivalent to the killings during the autumn or terror is utter desperation on behalf of the multiple killer theorist, and quite frankly this particular killing is so different from those of the double event it is baffling why they keep bringing the subject up at all.

Comment

retirement

Hello Harry. Thanks.

Forgive me, but your reply verges on the absurd. Your argument is, roughly, Kate's killer was Liz's killer. Why?

Because what are the odds of two such killings on the same night and so close together? Then you get an example of an unrelated killing but your points stands?

Now I know why Dickens has Scrooge say, "I'll retire to bedlam."

I'm out of here.

Cheers.
                      LC

Comment

Forgive me, but your reply verges on the absurd. Your argument is, roughly, Kate's killer was Liz's killer. Why?

Because what are the odds of two such killings on the same night and so close together? Then you get an example of an unrelated killing but your points stands?
                        Because we can be sure that Sarah Brown wasn't killed by the Ripper, so the argument's moot. I'm not sure what part of this you're struggling with, Lynn?

If you believe that all three were separate crimes, then you've got THREE unrelated throat slashings all happening within 24 hours. Now that IS incredible!

Comment

It's not just that two women (Liz and Kate) both had their throats cut on the same night and so close together. It's that both women had a history of soliciting unlike Mrs.Brown. That is one hell of a coincidence.

c.d.

Comment

independent events

Hello Harry. Thanks.

My "struggle" is with someone who does not understand cause/effect and the probability of independent events.

Either Mrs. Brown was related to the other killings or she was not. If she was, then your reasoning is flawed. If she was NOT related, then two knife killings of women happened close together in space time which were UNRELATED. Why can you not grasp that?

One final question. Flip a coin until you get two heads consecutively. What are the odds that the next flip will be heads. (A: 1/2)

Now, you may wish to do your homework so we can have an intelligent discussion. If you have a question, PM me. Glad to help.

Cheers.
                            LC

Comment

soliciting

Hello CD. Thanks.

How do we know what Mrs. Brown did for diversion? Oh, and by the way, some theorists are down to "Well, maybe Liz and Kate weren't soliciting but perhaps they were thought to be."

Maybe her husband thought that too?

Now excuse me whilst I sign off from this thread.

Cheers.
                              LC

Comment

G'day Lynn

One final question. Flip a coin until you get two heads consecutively. What are the odds that the next flip will be heads. (A: 1/2)
                                Actually according to the Baysian Theory it's not 50:50 at all.
                                G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Working...
                                X