Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MrBarnett View Post
    That's a tricky one for you, Fish.
    You can say that again - the pic is from 1912, 24 years after the events...

All the best,
    Fisherman

Comment

• Hello MrB ,

I fear the cat is well and truly out of the bag by now ..

My dear old Nan passed on some time back , as did Granddad ..

I only discovered it by chance last year and immediately posted it , rightly so I believe .. It was quite a shock when I realized I was raised a few doors down , and my Nan and Granddad literally lived next door to it .. talk about right under your nose ..

The Witness thread is "Joseph Lawende's Home" ..

But in all fairness he was just a witness and nothing more .. Unlike how Mr Lechmere is being portrayed , rightly or wrongly .

The funny thing is , all the witness validity will be swept into the unreliable bin by Team L , if there is not a striking comparison with the Lechmere photo , and just the similar profiles will be used to further the debate ..

Which raises a question to a future argument .. If a description was given that resembled Cross ( as he was known ) are we to be informed once again the police didn't put 2 &2 together ..

But I am getting ahead of the game .. But I eagerly await further damming evidence to be placed on the table ..

cheers , moonbegger .

Comment

• I took my grandkids to the science museum the other day. They have a machine there that takes a photo of you and can add or subtract years to make you look younger or older.

Why don't you take the photo of Lech there and see what you can come up with.

MrB

Comment

I took my grandkids to the science museum the other day. They have a machine there that takes a photo of you and can add or subtract years to make you look younger or older.

Why don't you take the photo of Lech there and see what you can come up with.

MrB
          Nah - but I would consider cramming myself into that machine...!

The best,
          Fisherman

Comment

• I think Sally and Patrick should meet up (if they are unacquainted) and hold an indignation meeting.

Moonbeggar
            The eye witness descriptions are so vague that Charles Lechmere could match virtually all of them. I personally put little store in the so called eye witnesses as that type of evidence is known to be notoriously unreliable.

Comment

• Originally posted by moonbegger View Post
              Which raises a question to a future argument .. If a description was given that resembled Cross, are we to be informed once again the police didn't put 2 &2 together ..
              Which of the witness descriptions given do you think is the most elaborate one (apart from Hutchinsonīs, of course)?

And to what extent do you think we may rely on this person -whomever you choose - having been the killer?

To some extent, you have a point - I donīt think Lechmere had a blotchy face and a full, carroty mustache in 1888, for example - but the quality of the different descriptions was such as to lend itself to identifying many, many thousands of men by them. Longs man - seen from the back, BS man - about 30, 5 ft 5 in. complexion fair; hair dark; small brown moustache, full face, broad shouldered, Lawendes man - of shabby appearance, about 30 years of age and 5ft. 9in. in height, of fair complexion, having a small fair moustache. Coxīs man - short, stout, with a blotchy face and a full carrotty moustache.

Even if Lechmere was 5 ft 7, had a fair complexion, sandcoloured and a small sandy moustache, I canīt see the police pouncing on him for that. They would need to pounce on half of the East End male population in that age group.

The best,
              Fisherman

Comment

• Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
                You can say that again - the pic is from 1912, 24 years after the events...

All the best,
                Fisherman
                Ahh, got it. I assumed it was from earlier.

I'd like to see it, if possible.

Comment

• Christer has made a major error. Quite reprehensible and even laughable.
                  The picture is likely to be from 1910, not 1912.
                  I'm afraid it isn't for general release at the moment though.

Comment

• Mr B
                    When I was first checking through aspects relating to Charles Lechmere and connecting him to the Whitechapel Murders, one of the first aspects which stood out to me was the Pinchin Street link.

Comment

• I doubt there were many people with Ripper connections in the hyper-community orientated streets where Lawende lived.
                      So one might suppose that in the local 'street lore' there would be some remembrance along the lines of 'watch out for that house. It's 'Ripper House'.
                      But no. Lawende's involvement was consigned to the memory bin. If it was ever known about in the area where he lived. After all maybe he kept himself to himself.
                      Last edited by Lechmere; 08-29-2014, 11:26 AM.

Comment

• Ed,

So, 22 years after the events, eh? And Lech lived at 22 Doveton Street? Coincidence piles upon coincidence. (JOKE! No need for anyone to get upset.)

I can imagine that making the Pinchin Street connection was rather satisfying.

MrB
                        Last edited by MrBarnett; 08-29-2014, 11:27 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lechmere View Post
                          Christer has made a major error. Quite reprehensible and even laughable.
                          The picture is likely to be from 1910, not 1912.
                          I'm afraid it isn't for general release at the moment though.
                          Iīll get me nine-tailed cat ...

The best,
                          Fisherman

Comment

Ed,

So, 22 years after the events, eh? And Lech lived at 22 Doveton Street? Coincidence piles upon coincidence. (JOKE! No need for anyone to get upset.)

MrB
                            Lechmere actually lived in Carlton Road in 1910 (lets hope thatīs correct, or I shall have to find myself an eighteen-tailed cat...)

Can I be upset about the faulty impression you gave ...?

The best,
                            Fisherman

Comment

• Originally posted by Lechmere View Post
                              I doubt there were many people with Ripper connections in the hyper-community orientated streets where Lawende lived.So one might suppose that in the local 'street lore' there would be some remembrance along the lines of 'watch out for that house. It's 'Ripper House'. But no. Lawende's involvement was consigned to the memory bin. If it was ever known about in the area where he lived. After all maybe he kept himself to himself.
                              Very Good ..

cheers

moonbegger .

Comment

• This is a friend of my Granddad's outside Lawendes house , Mitcinson/Norfolk road .. I'm pretty sure that's not him in the doorway
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X